Summer 2017 non-mega transfer thread

Just now, SiJ said:

Truthfully go through our signings in the last few years and tell us which ones you were remotely happy with. 

I'm guessing about two, three tops. 

Off the top of my head, Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson, McGugan, Bannan, Abdi, Jones, Wallace, Matias, Joao, Forestieri, Fletcher and Boyd Maybe there were a few more, that are no longer with us So in short, most of our signings really 

Think you are confusing things with my objections to the ones we are linked with, mostly by people on here Honestly, we'd have a joke squad had we signed most of the players suggested on here

6 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

IMG_3861.PNG

Be interesting to see how true that is... my guess is not very. They've probably seen his lack of involvement today due to a "minor niggle" and saw Nixon's and Sky's earlier reports in the week about a failed bid, but 2 and 2 together and got 5

Still think for a couple of hundred thousand though he'd be a good bit of business

Just now, gurujuan said:

Off the top of my head, Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutchinson, McGugan, Bannan, Abdi, Jones, Wallace, Matias, Joao, Forestieri, Fletcher and Boyd Maybe there were a few more, that are no longer with us So in short, most of our signings really 

Think you are confusing things with my objections to the ones we are linked with, mostly by people on here Honestly, we'd have a joke squad had we signed most of the players suggested on here

bo11ocks lol 

What made you think Matias and Joao would be great signings, but not Rhodes? 

You a regular watcher Primeria Liga? 

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yes, I had to trust Carlos a bit on those 2

Ok...but you didn't trust Carlos when he brought in two proven commodities in Hooper and Rhodes? 

That's a bit odd. 

24 minutes ago, Plonk said:

So if it's mulgrew and flint, how would we feel.....three options to partner Lees?

I'd be happy enough, Flint is a big brute type defender which should help on those pesky away trips we seem to trip up in sometimes.  And Mulgrew seems to be a decent footballing defender.

I think add those two, and get the midfield and striking combinations right and we will be alright 

If it's Flint and Mulgrew then that's fine. 

Not exactly head turning signings, but I think decent squad additions with good experience. 

Mulgrew can play in two, three positions and spent several years at Celtic. 

Not sure how good Flint is on the deck, but he's certainly a presence in both boxes. 

Edited by SiJ

Just now, marcx666 said:

Seriously, apart from Guru obviously, am I really the only one who doesn't rate Flint..........

I am bit concerned about whether he's good enough to play in a top half Championship team. 

He's a goal scoring threat, I know that much. 

Wait and see I suppose.