Daily Telegraph on Carlos

1 minute ago, parkerowl said:

They should have gone up yes, I think they will do next season FWIW.

it's a results based business mate as bad and harsh as it seems, Carlos has hasn't achieved this aim if we don't go up. The aim from the chairman was 2 years. Fingers crossed we make it this time. but if we don't I wouldn't be at all shocked to see a new man in the dugout come August.

You're right, it's a results based business.

And Carlos has the second highest win percentage in our history.

Just now, markowl said:

You're right, it's a results based business.

And Carlos has the second highest win percentage in our history.

so you'd be happy finishing 6th year in year out as long as we keep that percentage? baffling!

Alot of those managers were doing the job at the highest level tbf. I wouldn't take too much notice of that stat.

I'm a Wednesday fan mate not a Carvalhal fan.

Who knows, apart from DC. I wanted CC out a short time ago but he has done the business recently. 

If we don't make it, then give him a couple of months next season and decide then would be my choice, but it isn't !!

Just now, parkerowl said:

so you'd be happy finishing 6th year in year out as long as we keep that percentage? baffling!

Alot of those managers were doing the job at the highest level tbf. I wouldn't take too much notice of that stat.

So it's a results based business when the stats suit you?

lol

Type of cack which is written by a nomark to try and detract away from what is actually happening at the moment.

We've come out of nowhere to be in the top 6 for the last 2 seasons and we deserve credit for that - the manager deserves credit for that.

18 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

look mate its how we compare to other teams in this league I care about, not how the manager compares to the last 50 we've had. 

And we are the form team compared to the rest of the top 6.

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

And we are the form team compared to the rest of the top 6.

yeah were doing alright, i'm not arguing that, but over a season we haven't been quite good enough for automatic promotion, which is what the aim was. why is that classed as negative?  

1 hour ago, gazzamk2 said:

I'm more surprised someone has actually bought a Daily Telegraph...

Forget the main paper, the sports section is undoubtedly the best of any daily paper in the country if you want in-depth reporting and analysis on all sports.  It is rather wedded to the Premier League in football and does have a southern bias (as do most national papers).

It has only The Guardian or The Times to compete with as all the rest are tripe and a waste of good eyesight. 

Just now, parkerowl said:

yeah were doing alright, i'm not arguing that, but over a season we haven't been quite good enough for automatic promotion, which is what the aim was. why is that classed as negative?  

Who said the aim was automatic promotion this season?

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Release of this article is more than just a coincidence. 

Clearly done to try and destabilise us. 

Hopefully it wont work. 

I think it will have no effect on the players, manager or supporters. Carlos will know where he stands with the owner without reading stuff in the paper and I guess few players or supporters read the DT. Let's hope CC can out think McCarthy and we beat Ipswich tomorrow and then we can focus on winning the play-offs this time. 

44 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

I would be quite happy finishing 6th every year and having as much fun as we have the past 2 seasons.

I've  seen plenty of wins and plenty of great goals........it's been better than most seasons for yonks.

A high % win rate makes for a good season.

Sure I wish we were top and had  won a few more games .....but you can't always get what you want.   

1 hour ago, Shezza said:

But that's just wild speculation, though. 

So is the Telegraph article, as is every opinion on here.

My opinion is no wilder than anyone else's.

And my opinion is that Chansiri will not sack Carlos regardless of the next 2/4/5 games.

2 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

It wouldn't surprise me, not when you consider how much brass has been spent. Carlos' mistake was to believe that we could do without Hutch in midfield, thus a CB wasn't signed and early on we were lightweight in midfield. For lots of football fans it's about the here and now. We're in a purple patch at present, but looking at the season as a whole it's not been great. I'm still not convinced that Carlos is suited to our resources...and neither would Benitez be, for that matter. Fine when you've got Newcastle's players/resources, but for the likes of us (and Brighton) a manager who's more adept at pragmatic football is required.

only the stupid ones who don't realise that to build the club from scratch we have to progress every year which we are doing under CC