Daily Telegraph on Carlos

1 hour ago, leeowls87 said:

Carlos has done more then enough over the past 2 seasons to warrant another crack next season regardless of what happens between now and May 29th

I don't believe that article for one second, its like someone was editing the paper and had a little gap that still needed filling and just ran with any old made up story.

The Aim for next season is 17th..Hopefully anyway but should we remain in this division then the aim is Top 2 with the expectation being Top 6 again, almost all Championship sides will be the same I'd guess, Only Newcastle this season can truly have gone in expecting a Top 2 finish.

If we go up I cant see Carlos walking away from the challenge of facing Guardiola, Mourinho, Conte, Klopp, Poch, Wenger or what ever Top Manger Arsenal replace him with to go back home to Portugal to manage, he'll deserve the crack at the Top league.

Totally agree with this. He's spent a lot of this year working out how to shape a talented team against negative football.  After seeming to struggle for a bit I think he's adjusted the style (with the timely return of Hoops) and found a way to do this.  Credit to him.  It's a whole different challenge now shaping a team against better players and some of the best footballing brains on the planet. Really hope Carlos gets a chance - whether next year or year after or whenever we go up.  I think Carlos' coaching style is made for the Premier League.