Daily Telegraph on Carlos

Imo the only way we could have challenged for top two from the start of the season was having Hooper fully fit all season and Rhodes signed early August rather than January.

I would have gladly accepted playoffs on the first day of the season and touch wood we will get there.

Secondly I would gladly give my wife and kids (I'm keeping the dogs lol) away to have the current teams in the playoffs with us. 

3 minutes ago, markowl said:

You expected top 2 with Newcastle, Villa and Norwich coming down?

Reyt.

Not expected but it would have been the aim, as several players have alluded to in interviews throughout the season.

Only one of those sides you quote will be promoted this season. one of them has been absoloutley plop. Could you not see any of them struggling ? If you couldn't maybe your the deluded one not me.

Just now, parkerowl said:

Not expected but it would have been the aim, as several players have alluded to in interviews throughout the season.

Only one of those sides you quote will be promoted this season. one of them has been absoloutley plop. Could you not see any of them struggling ? If you couldn't maybe your the deluded one not me.

I expected Newcastle to walk the league.

Norwich had a manager and squad with experience of promotion.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Villa, with their budget had been challenging.

I think we've had a reasonable go this year and been a tad unlucky too.  Another couple of points and we'd have nailed the play off spot.  The "aim" may have been the top two but the expectation is a different matter. I always thought were were more likely to finish below sixth than above third. 

Next year assuming we don't go up, then I'd hope to have another convincing assault on the top six: be nice to be trying for the top two, but I don't think it would ever be sensible to call it an expectation.

If CC wants to back a different horse, it's his money.  If consulted I would advise against, unless there was lined up a really brilliant alternative.  Very obviously CC's performance is not such that you'd say pretty well any possible alternative would be better. 

1 minute ago, markowl said:

I expected Newcastle to walk the league.

Norwich had a manager and squad with experience of promotion.

I wouldn't have been surprised if Villa, with their budget had been challenging.

I thought Newcastle or Villa would fail miserably - it's been Villa

I expected Norwich to be pushing for top two, the same as I expected for us. 

Lets just say we lose in the final again this year ? or even the semi's, surely the aim is don't put yourself in that position again and achieve automatic promotion? 

Just now, parkerowl said:

Lets just say we lose in the final again this year ? or even the semi's, surely the aim is don't put yourself in that position again and achieve automatic promotion? 

Let's not.

Let's be radical and say we get promoted.

And you say you're not being negative. 

:columbo:

1 minute ago, parkerowl said:

Is everyone of the opinion then that if it takes 4 or 5 years to get up with carlos that's fine ? just keep doing as we are and eveyones happy ? 

genuine question. 

Where has anyone mentioned 4 or 5 years?

4 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

I thought Newcastle or Villa would fail miserably - it's been Villa

I expected Norwich to be pushing for top two, the same as I expected for us. 

I think it's a valid aim, for sure, but whoever manages us next year I wouldn't want to say they've failed if we are not top two. 

Let's not.

Let's be radical and say we get promoted.

And you say you're not being negative. 

:columbo:

I prefer to be realistic. we all hope we win the play-offs, every single Wednesday fan does. But the reality is its a 1 in 4 chance. 

Where has anyone mentioned 4 or 5 years?

you didn't answer the question. when does playoffs become not enough for you ?