Daily Telegraph on Carlos

1 minute ago, steveger said:

As I said I do like him, he's a very likable guy and I'm starting to think he should stay, especially if we do go up but let's not forget Carlos has had an advantage that most of our other managers never had though....:biggrin:

1o1x70.jpg

Not an appropriate platform for that post.

Should've been a tweet on Twitter.

1 hour ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Nowt but sh!t stirring trying to cause us a wobble.

is the reporter a poster on here ? lol

I have absolutely no links to the DT at all. :stuwinky: And there's no point asking Hog Staton where the story's come from. lol

49 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Think it depends on how we fare in the play offs. A disappointing showing and exit in the semi finals would see him gone I think. 

We have to expect leeds will win there 2 games so still a lot to do to get playoffs never mind semi finals yet , can see Mccarthy giving his players a win bonus if ipswich beat us and pay for all drinks for night he that desperate to see us slip up.

42 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

It wouldn't surprise me, not when you consider how much brass has been spent. Carlos' mistake was to believe that we could do without Hutch in midfield, thus a CB wasn't signed and early on we were lightweight in midfield. For lots of football fans it's about the here and now. We're in a purple patch at present, but looking at the season as a whole it's not been great. I'm still not convinced that Carlos is suited to our resources...and neither would Benitez be, for that matter. Fine when you've got Newcastle's players/resources, but for the likes of us (and Brighton) a manager who's more adept at pragmatic football is required.

You're consistent I'll give you that.

Top 6 for a second season running and it's not been a great season?

Staggering.

4 minutes ago, markowl said:

You're consistent I'll give you that.

Top 6 for a second season running and it's not been a great season?

Staggering.

Mate we've spent about £30m on fee's alone in the last 2 seasons....Would you not agree he's been given the right tools to get us promoted ?

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Ive long said that Carlos will be off after two season: by his own choice.

Im coming round to the opinion that he might actually be tempted to stay, even if we aren't promoted this year.

Whatever er the outcome, I don't see Chansiri sacking Carlos unless there's a top top manager touting himself for the job.

But that's just wild speculation, though. 

2 minutes ago, parkerowl said:

Mate we've spent about £30m on fee's alone in the last 2 seasons....Would you not agree he's been given the right tools to get us promoted ?

Aston Villa have spent £71 million.

They should have been promoted by Christmas using your logic.

Just now, markowl said:

Aston Villa have spent £71 million.

They should have been promoted by Christmas using your logic.

They should have gone up yes, I think they will do next season FWIW.

it's a results based business mate as bad and harsh as it seems, Carlos has hasn't achieved this aim if we don't go up. The aim from the chairman was 2 years. Fingers crossed we make it this time. but if we don't I wouldn't be at all shocked to see a new man in the dugout come August.