Radio 2 sports reporting - Aaargghh

2 hours ago, Owly Mowly said:

Had to email Chris Evans today- has anyone else heard vassos alexanders sports reports. A few weeks ago he said how unfair it was last season when Brighton lost in playoff cos they finished 17 points above us, then a week ago he said how unfair it was cos they finished 21 points ahead of us....

This morning - how unfair it was cos Brighton quote "finished 24 points above Wednesday - yes 8 wins clear". 

How can they get this info so wrong.

Amyway, then they go on to join the love fest for Fulham about how they are supporting them because of their "nice ground and fans by the river"!

So angry, I jumped out of bed and sent the email- join me fellow Owls and let the Chris Evans show know that Sheffield Wednesday exist!!!

Im waiting for him to read the mail out - not holding my breath.....

Come come! Don't gold back now.

You must show us a copy of the mail you sent to the lippy Lancastrian!

43 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

Used to be infuriating in the 90's when it happened to us.

Remember the days, hopefully i can vent anger at MOTD next season again.

I'd forgotten how annoying that was... Just to think, we'd give anything to moan about it again!

The current media ignorance of Wednesday in no way winds me up.

I think it's laughable that at best they are ignoring us and at worst righting us off. However I think this can only work to our advantage. Pressure can do funny things, the less they want to try and build the better!

Fulham can take all the plaudits they like, we'll have the third and final spot thanks

:manager:

2 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

It would be good if we can finish 3rd this season then sit back and laugh at people struggling to cope with it. Because previously they've always thought the team in 3rd should be promoted too, when it's a club they like. 

Yep. And If we finish 3rd and don't go up I hereby vow not to bemoan the fact we 'should have gone up'. Everyone knows the play off format in advance - it's not like you are celebrating clinching the 3rd automatic place when someone from the league breaks the bad news they have invented this thing called a 'play off' that you suddenly have to negotiate. 

Winds me up when people bleat about it. 

1 hour ago, Dronowl66 said:

According to the three no marks on talk sport this morning Huddersfield and Reading are safe Fulham are the form team and Leeds will pip Wednesday

Well they have their opinions , it's obvious they have looked at the remaining fixtures and can see us losing both , Reading and Hudds are safe imo , Leeds could quite easily beat Norwich and Wigan so it's possible . Don't think people judge how good a run we are on , beat Ipswich which we are very capable of doing and it's all irrelevant , let them all talk round uns whilst we make our way to promotion UTO 

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Yep. And If we finish 3rd and don't go up I hereby vow not to bemoan the fact we 'should have gone up'. Everyone knows the play off format in advance - it's not like you are celebrating clinching the 3rd automatic place when someone from the league breaks the bad news they have invented this thing called a 'play off' that you suddenly have to negotiate. 

Winds me up when people bleat about it. 

And me , full of injustice when it happens but it's there in black and white.  team in 3rd that may or may not be 15 points or whatever in front of 6 th just weren't good enough to make the top 2 at least they get another shot at it 

26 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

I think Vasos Alexander is a Fulham fan.

Correct, he's banged on about taking his son before so don't expect the rhetoric to change. At the end of the day, we could end up finishing third this season, but everyone knows the rules and what you sign up for. Whether you finish a mile ahead of 6th in 3rd, your only reward is home advantage in the second leg so you can't moan come May. 

7 minutes ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

Correct, he's banged on about taking his son before so don't expect the rhetoric to change. At the end of the day, we could end up finishing third this season, but everyone knows the rules and what you sign up for. Whether you finish a mile ahead of 6th in 3rd, your only reward is home advantage in the second leg so you can't moan come May

The last bit made me feel sick 

5 minutes ago, Sanchez_Jenks said:

Correct, he's banged on about taking his son before so don't expect the rhetoric to change. At the end of the day, we could end up finishing third this season, but everyone knows the rules and what you sign up for. Whether you finish a mile ahead of 6th in 3rd, your only reward is home advantage in the second leg so you can't moan come May. 

Exactly mate , wonder if he's bringing his clapper to Hillsborough on the 7th :duntmatter:

30 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

And me , full of injustice when it happens but it's there in black and white.  team in 3rd that may or may not be 15 points or whatever in front of 6 th just weren't good enough to make the top 2 at least they get another shot at it 

It'd also be incredibly hypocritical of us to complain that third doesn't get promoted considering 2005. 

It's the 94th minute at Wembley... Fulham 0, Wednesday 0... Owls' substitute Nuhiu rises like a trout on the back post and... SCORES!

He runs towards the nearest BBC camera, strips off his shirt and displays a message on his vest "**** off Vasos". He gets sent off for a second yellow but the result stands.

The following season, Wednesday are in the PL and Radio 2 loses another 50,000 listeners to Planet Rock.

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

It'd also be incredibly hypocritical of us to complain that third doesn't get promoted considering 2005. 

I wouldn't dream of being hypocritical 3rd or 6th makes no difference to me , I think the play offs are exciting

but very nervy if involved in them .

14 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

It's the 94th minute at Wembley... Fulham 0, Wednesday 0... Owls' substitute Nuhiu rises like a trout on the back post and... SCORES!

He runs towards the nearest BBC camera, strips off his shirt and displays a message on his vest "**** off Vasos". He gets sent off for a second yellow but the result stands.

The following season, Wednesday are in the PL and Radio 2 loses another 50,000 listeners to Planet Rock.

Nuhiu scoring  lol lollol  lol lollol  lol lollol lol lol lol lollol lol lol lol lollol lol lollolscoring  lol lollolscoring  lol lollol  lol lollol

20 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

That really is imaginative...

I've never seen a trout rise on our back post.

Nuhiu scoring?

With his head?

Love the big guy before any one starts.