Play-Off Final

4 minutes ago, yunga_swfc said:

I can get 2 single train tickets from dronfield to london for £39!

so  I either take the gamble & buy them now or just wait until it's confirmed & cough up the £75 standard return ticket hmmmm

If we don't make it you lose £39. If we do you lose £36. I'll charge you £3 for doing the maths. 

2 hours ago, Pacifier said:

Go on then own up, who like me has been wishful thinking and booked the 30th off work? :biggrin:

We're gonna end up being like wigan rugby fans who were at wembley every year in the 90s,ended up having relationships and having kids along the way, next year we'll be in cup final for an all premiership affair

We haven't even got in the Play offs yet and we think it's our year at Wembley. We have Fulham in the last day showdown. Remember the last day showdown with Palace over that relegation spot.. Saying nothing more. We have a tendency to bottle it as proved last year.

Edited by Massive88

12 minutes ago, Massive88 said:

We haven't even got in the Play offs yet and we think it's our year at Wembley. We have Fulham in the last day showdown. Remember the last day showdown with Palace over that relegation spot.. Saying nothing more. We have a tendency to bottle it as proved last year.

Or remember our show down with Cardiff last year? That we breezed. 

Swings and roundabouts, It's our year.

Lighten up.

3 hours ago, Holmes said:

Will leave to the last minute, friends (well I can them friends, people I meet along the way) and fellow Rotherham Owls coach adventures will sort me out. Show me where to sit, which pocket mi tickets in. Kick me when the stupor is setting in.

Bless em x

Bus will departing on the Friday evening before final. :-) 

43 minutes ago, Massive88 said:

Not even there yet. Christ some of our fans are deluded!

Not deluded just optimistic... 

Me personally I'm not thinking beyond Derby game. 

Though going to Ipswich for weekend. :biggrin:

I've got a friends wedding on the Saturday.....in Australia! I booked flights back to the UK for the day after the wedding, landing at 6:15am on the day of the playoff final.

Originally I thought the playoff final was going to be on the Saturday, so imagine my joy and my wife's dismay when I realised it was on the Monday this year, just in time to plan the trip around it!

Trying to explain that I couldn't guarantee we will make it to the playoffs, let alone the final has been a hard sell!

2 hours ago, yunga_swfc said:

I can get 2 single train tickets from dronfield to london for £39!

so  I either take the gamble & buy them now or just wait until it's confirmed & cough up the £75 standard return ticket hmmmm

You'll have a day it in London whatever happens... Just tune it to suit.

1 hour ago, yunga_swfc said:

que?

Basically you either have a 100% chance of losing £36 or a "50%" (2 in 5 = 60%?? Debatable) chance of losing £39. You could offset the deficit by placing a bet on us making the final of course, but that would involve many in depth layered algorithms and theoretical quantum mechanics. Oop hang on.. my dog's just piped up.. this is a first.

He says "buy the f****** ticket and get darn that london. We're all Wednesday aren't we?"

And he wants a sausage.

4 hours ago, ANDY said:

Looked at train tickets last night £58 from wakey. 

Itll be a nightmare if its leeds. Train will be packed with knuckle draggers. 

I often use that line mainly for work trips to London (and play-off finals, of course). I get on at Newark. There are trains that come south without stopping at Leeds and vice versa coming back. You might have to travel to Doncaster or other stop en route. Check your timetable again.

2 hours ago, Massive88 said:

Which of our promotion rivals do you support then?

Sposed to be starting work at a university in Sydney on 10th May.. Any ideas for how to postpone starting a job for 3 weeks?..

Do I book a flight back from there? What about the semi finals?

Am I tempting fate by even thinking about it and we'll end up 7th?

Arggghhhh

8 minutes ago, robswfc said:

Sposed to be starting work at a university in Sydney on 10th May.. Any ideas for how to postpone starting a job for 3 weeks?..

Do I book a flight back from there? What about the semi finals?

Am I tempting fate by even thinking about it and we'll end up 7th?

Arggghhhh

What you sorting a job out half way around the world for when there's play offs to be won?

Part timer.

lol

Just don't turn up, go on the dole.