New home shirt

It is the most bizzare decision ever. Anniversary kit, perfect opportunity to give fans what they clearly want and celebrate with traditional stripes and probably make a killing on merchandise sales...

...and they go for this shîte.

To me, going back to plain stripes would have been the most bizarre decision ever for an anniversary kit. It would hardly be a special design to mark the occasion if it's exactly what we've been used to for the last 50+ years...

Ideally, the anniversary kit should be something out of the ordinary, then return to stripes the year after.

To me, going back to plain stripes would have been the most bizarre decision ever for an anniversary kit. It would hardly be a special design to mark the occasion if it's exactly what we've been used to for the last 50+ years...

Ideally, the anniversary kit should be something out of the ordinary, then return to stripes the year after.

Yep I agree,  the blades got it right. They picked a historical kit & informed the fans it was for 1 season.

Us playing in hoops would be the same.

This is a continuation of Chansiris preference.

Edited by zzmdu

He's turning into a bit of the typical foreign, meddling owner.

I've got a bad feeling that, in the end, this won't end well. Better enjoy it while we can!

He changed the shirt design last summer and has gone for a plainer design again. He had already reverted to a previous badge. In what way is he now 'turning into a typical foreign meddling owner'?

He changed the shirt design last summer and has gone for a plainer design again. He had already reverted to a previous badge. In what way is he now 'turning into a typical foreign meddling owner'?

Changed badge/kit. 

Decides who wear which squad number

Decides who we sign

Pasted his name all the way around our ground

This is only the start. Mark my words.

Is the kit really THAT much of an issue?

The emotional attachment to football clubs and all that goes with it is pretty illogical for the most part anyway, so it's no surprise that people attach said emotions to equally illogical things - such as the colour of a kit, the design of the kit, the badge or the name of the team, etc. etc.

It doesn't really make sense, but it's kind of understandable at the same time. Imagine if we changed to green and white stripes. Unless it's just me, I'd expect that to produce a much bigger outrage than a solid blue kit would, yet, in reality, changing colour isn't any more of a drastic change than going from stripes to solid.

Changed badge/kit. 

Decides who we sign

You said 'he is turning into' 

The kit and the badge were among the first changes he made.

The signage around the ground aids our FFP. You may rather see 'the star' or joe bloggs gardeners on the advertising hoardings but if they won't pay a fair rate then what is the point. We are looking to invest in electronic boards which will lead to more advertising in the future.

Why does he decide who we sign? Which players are specifically his signings?

Squad numbers is a weird one but wouldn't suggest it as a typical foreign owner thing to do given that no one else does it.

In addition to the team improvements, the ground improvements and the vast increase in season ticket holders he has developed the academy and forged fantastic links with key community groups and hospital initiatives.

I would say the good outweighs the bad but we could go back to the times of failing to pay publishing companies, caterers and Sheffield Childrens Hospital on time.

Changed badge/kit. 

Decides who we sign

He is a business man the club is his, I think he may play with the commercial and image of club, but he does not choose the players but he certainly buys them .He wants success and has the nous to trust the football staff for that side of the business. Long may it continue.

You said 'he is turning into' 

The kit and the badge were among the first changes he made.

The signage around the ground aids our FFP. You may rather see 'the star' or joe bloggs gardeners on the advertising hoardings but if they won't pay a fair rate then what is the point. We are looking to invest in electronic boards which will lead to more advertising in the future.

Why does he decide who we sign? Which players are specifically his signings?

Squad numbers is a weird one but wouldn't suggest it as a typical foreign owner thing to do given that no one else does it.

In addition to the team improvements, the ground improvements and the vast increase in season ticket holders he has developed the academy and forged fantastic links with key community groups and hospital initiatives.

I would say the good outweighs the bad but we could go back to the times of failing to pay publishing companies, caterers and Sheffield Childrens Hospital on time.

End of day you can think all you want about him, so far he's doing a fantastic job and you're right the good outweigh the bad. But soon it will all turn sour.

His meddling started with the change of badge, tbf I rather like it but it was still an unnecessary change. Then came the kit. We were fine for FFP with or without Mr Chansiri's input anyway, and you could easily say that he is actually paying an unfair rate by using his own name to give the club extortionate sponsor incomes. I don't mind about the extra money bit, every club in country does it. Meddling foreign owners again.

The squad numbers is very strange, and the signings have to all be passed through and ratified by him. Whether all chairmans do this or not I don't know.

End of day you can think all you want about him, so far he's doing a fantastic job and you're right the good outweigh the bad. But soon it will all turn sour.

His meddling started with the change of badge, tbf I rather like it but it was still an unnecessary change. Then came the kit. We were fine for FFP with or without Mr Chansiri's input anyway, and you could easily say that he is actually paying an unfair rate by using his own name to give the club extortionate sponsor incomes. I don't mind about the extra money bit, every club in country does it. Meddling foreign owners again.

The squad numbers is very strange, and the signings have to all be passed through and ratified by him. Whether all chairmans do this or not I don't know.

No, I'm sure most clubs allow the manager to have free reign to go out and do what he wants regardless of budget, be reyt!

Oh no, this is just the beginning fella. This is the easy stuff, you know the 'bedding=in' process if you will.

Come on then, give us an insight into the future what is in store for our (his!) club.........

Come on then, give us an insight into the future what is in store for our (his!) club.........

If I knew I'd try and stop him pal.

But looking at the other meddling owners, a full change of kit colour. Now this seems unlikely, but we will be wearing all blue from 2018 onwards which is a stark departure fro, anything we've worn before 2016. Then there is obviously the total end game, the possibility he could get bored and bin us off.

Thats all I can remember right now. Well theres pie tax too but I quite like that lol