New home shirt

As a young kid the only kit I knew was the 65 to 72 one and I loved it. When they went to stripes after that I was disappointed at first because I was never aware that they had ever played in a striped kit prior to that.

We all have various preferences on it but my personal opinion is that when we are winning, drawing and losing against teams next season the last thing I will be considering will be the kit

If I knew I'd try and stop him pal.

But looking at the other meddling owners, a full change of kit colour. Now this seems unlikely, but we will be wearing all blue from 2018 onwards which is a stark departure fro, anything we've worn before 2016. Then there is obviously the total end game, the possibility he could get bored and bin us off.

Thats all I can remember right now. Well theres pie tax too but I quite like that lol

Based on the fact one foreign owner decided to change kit colour - and look how that worked out for him!

He may well get bored and decide to pack in - what is the shelf life of a football club owner these days anyway, foreign or not? However, he has put enough in to suggest he is serious about making every effort to be successful and he will suffer a big loss otherwise.

You do realise the kit will be pretty much the same as the one we wore 50 years ago, so not quite a stark departure from anything pre-2016 but granted it's not stripes.

when we are winning, drawing and losing against teams next season the last thing I will be considering will be the kit

You see, this is where I, and no doubt several others are a bit odd. Because we do. We are kit freaks.  

Even others people's kit an not me. Take last season when we claimed Arsenals scalp in one of the best result down there in years, for all my celebrations in the ground...before I went to bed and was brushing my teeth I still found time to grumble  "Just wish we'd beaten them in their red kit. That would have made this night just that fraction more amazing"

Would prefer our stripes back but the blue with white sleeves is pretty unique. Can't think of any other team that wears it. Beats the Ipswich, Birmingham, Cardiff etc abomination of this season.

I'd have a look at Ipswich's home kit if I were you.

In a season with record season ticket sales any home kit would have been a record seller.

Not necessarily. 

In a season with record high ticket prices (some people having just forked out for three season tickets) you'd expect people would be looking for savings somewhere.

You see, this is where I, and no doubt several others are a bit odd. Because we do. We are kit freaks.  

Even others people's kit an not me. Take last season when we claimed Arsenals scalp in one of the best result down there in years, for all my celebrations in the ground...before I went to bed and was brushing my teeth I still found time to grumble  "Just wish we'd beaten them in their red kit. That would have made this night just that fraction more amazing"

BTW does anybody know why Arsenal didn't play in their 'red kit' that night ?

To me, going back to plain stripes would have been the most bizarre decision ever for an anniversary kit. It would hardly be a special design to mark the occasion if it's exactly what we've been used to for the last 50+ years...

Ideally, the anniversary kit should be something out of the ordinary, then return to stripes the year after.

Was going to post the same.

The anniversary kit has to be something different, but from our past. Personally, I'd have gone for year one hoops, but the 60s shirt combines, difference, history and satisfies Chansiri's preference. 

This season, it had to be anything except stripes. 

Was going to post the same.

The anniversary kit has to be something different, but from our past. Personally, I'd have gone for year one hoops, but the 60s shirt combines, difference, history and satisfies Chansiri's preference. 

This season, it had to be anything except stripes. 

i do understand that mate and tbh I thought the fans' designed 3rd kit was 'the anniversary kit' fwiw I like that but I said 2 years ago and last I'd personally accept one year of true novelty as the 150th home kit even say hoops but I would have defo prefer a special celebratory adorned blue and white striped one 

whereas I don't like or accept the ipswich one now as a 150th home kit, and didn't when first used

people who say we should relax the stripes will be back I hope you're right but on personal experience DC follows Brian Clough's motto 

look it up  you'll find I'm right this time 

Even when we release a striped kit people moan about the number of stripes, thickness and what colour the central stripe is blah blah blah if it was up to some we would just never change it and that would get boring.

The fact we have had similar kits and badge before in our history make the argument that our chairman is messing with our tradition null and void.

Also, something which hasn't been talked about is that we will be making our own kit, I think this is great news personally, i've been wanting us to do this for years.

The emotional attachment to football clubs and all that goes with it is pretty illogical for the most part anyway, so it's no surprise that people attach said emotions to equally illogical things - such as the colour of a kit, the design of the kit, the badge or the name of the team, etc. etc.

It doesn't really make sense, but it's kind of understandable at the same time. Imagine if we changed to green and white stripes. Unless it's just me, I'd expect that to produce a much bigger outrage than a solid blue kit would, yet, in reality, changing colour isn't any more of a drastic change than going from stripes to solid.

Thought experiment.

Would you like to be buried/cremated in a full Sheffield United kit?

We've not always played at Hillsborough and not always worn stripes...the new kit has a chance of being really unique if its kept simple

Hooped socks and black shorts would look the business

Black shorts and hooped socks would make feel slightly different about the shirt..

Got a feeling it will be white shorts and blue socks though... aka Ipswich/Oldham etc etc etc 

We've not always played at Hillsborough and not always worn stripes...the new kit has a chance of being really unique if its kept simple

Hooped socks and black shorts would look the business

Something can't be really unique. I think you're confusing unique with w@nk

Edited by rickygoo

You said 'he is turning into' 

The kit and the badge were among the first changes he made.

The signage around the ground aids our FFP. You may rather see 'the star' or joe bloggs gardeners on the advertising hoardings but if they won't pay a fair rate then what is the point. We are looking to invest in electronic boards which will lead to more advertising in the future.

Why does he decide who we sign? Which players are specifically his signings?

Squad numbers is a weird one but wouldn't suggest it as a typical foreign owner thing to do given that no one else does it.

In addition to the team improvements, the ground improvements and the vast increase in season ticket holders he has developed the academy and forged fantastic links with key community groups and hospital initiatives.

I would say the good outweighs the bad but we could go back to the times of failing to pay publishing companies, caterers and Sheffield Childrens Hospital on time.

He could sponsor the North Stand without having his name emblazoned in the seats for him to gawp at. Probably gives him a boner.

Edited by rickygoo