Carvalhal not getting the best out of players?

47 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

McGeady player of the month in the Championship

Lucas Joao hitting form at Blackburn

Proven quality Championship player Lewis McGugan rotting in reserves

International player Urby Emanuelson not even able to have a chance

5M Almen Abdi not properly integrated into the team

Rhodes/Winnall hardly hitting the ground running

FA cup winning MOTM McMannaman still not starting 

There are more examples

He has got Lee and Bannan playing to a better standard but I wouldn't say the likes of Loovens and Lees are playing better than before he was here, just the same.

You would be better  using your energy getting behind Carlos for the final nine games and supporting the team . 

Edited by S36 OWL

Lazy argument.

League position and win ratios would suggest he is. 

Some signings have worked some haven't - that's life. 

Given that we've had a season where 3 of our core players have had lengthy injuries, the FF debacle, the terrible atmosphere and ultra negativity. I think he's doing alright. 

That said he's not blameless for some of the defeats we've suffered, and I do question the decision not to bring in another CB. That said, we don't know what the options were and we already know Hanley went for silly money to sit on Newcastles bench. 

Perspective needed.

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

You would be better  using your energy getting behind Carlos for the final nine games and supporting the team . 

Me stating CC is amazing on here won't help us either way pal. My views are not going to get us promoted and they aren't going to get CC the sack. It's a forum for discussion about our mutual hobby, football and SWFC, so we discuss this openly and honestly, however if you're someone that doesn't like this sort of talk, rather than moving to Cuba or North Korea, I made a topic for those of you lot that don't like negative discussion last week if you want me to link you to it? lol 

5 minutes ago, markowl said:

I love how much we have spent this season goes up every week.

£30 million now.

lol

You have the best part of 20m on Rhodes, Reach and Abdi. The rest must come to roundabout 10m

50 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It would be very hard to say he is. 

Our squad and the money we've spent dwarfs the likes of Leeds, Huddersfield and Reading, yet they have been above us all season. We finished far higher than all of those three sides last season and have not progressed anywhere near what we should have. 

The expectations have been high from some fans, maybe too high, but I don't think CC or the squad have been near those expectations for large parts of this season. 

Exactly what I said in one of the other threads the other day. I'm not on the verge of Carlos out!! But I am getting a bit concerned with the way of things. 

40 minutes ago, james o connor said:

No he hasnt. For me in the top 6 we should be second to only Newcastle & Brighton. 

It isnt negative to point out we are under performing. Some of the displays this year (wolves home, Rotherham Home, Brentford Home, Villa Away just to name 4) have been dreadful. We have a right to expect more from the caliber of player signed & the money spent.

If we go up this year I will happily eat my words but for me we are making the task considerably more difficult than it needs to be. 

Why only include teams currently in the top six? At the start of the season, many tipped us to finish behind Derby, Norwich and Villa. Wolves thought they'd be challenging after spending big. I'd much rather be in our position than theirs right now.

We've struggled to adapt our style and integrate some of our new signings this season, but to me, we look like a team who are much better equipped to compete with the better teams in this division this time around.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

10 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Me stating CC is amazing on here won't help us either way pal. My views are not going to get us promoted and they aren't going to get CC the sack. It's a forum for discussion about our mutual hobby, football and SWFC, so we discuss this openly and honestly, however if you're someone that doesn't like this sort of talk, rather than moving to Cuba or North Korea, I made a topic for those of you lot that don't like negative discussion last week if you want me to link you to it? lol 

You have the best part of 20m on Rhodes, Reach and Abdi. The rest must come to roundabout 10m

Rhodes is on loan

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

There are more examples

He has got Lee and Bannan playing to a better standard but I wouldn't say the likes of Loovens and Lees are playing better than before he was here, just the same.

So your saying the Reading , Fulham and Leeds managers arent getting the best out of their players either.  Who are are similar or less points than us 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

There are more examples

McGeady - had 13 appearances to show he was worth a contract and didn't perform. I didn't hear many people up in arms when we didn't sign him. 

Joao - Had chance after chance, showed what he is capable of against Arsenal, can you say he performed like that again? Us sending him out on loan is a last chance saloon offer, prove you're worth a shirt. Hopefully he kicks on and can be a member of the squad next season.

McGugan has no one but himself to blame. How can you support a player who refused to play how and where his manager asked?! 

Urby hasn't been fit and has obviously not shown the desire to work his way in. There is a reason he's dropped from starting for AC Milan to playing reserve football in the championship. 

Abdi has spent MONTHS on the treatment table, the games he has played and been fit, he's been great.

McMannaman - You're basing your slagging of Carlos on one game. I saw Michele Di Piedi score a wonder goal once. Reckon he was underused and undervalued too? He's underperformed at West brom and been sent on loan to the championship for a reason. 

JR and SW - **** me, give them a bloody chance. New club for them both, new teammates, new system and they've both scored. Sorry, but if you're expecting a goal a game from them both then you're more deluded than I thought. 

Also, I don't see you mentioning those players that Carlos has managed to work wonders with. Bannan was deemed useless by villa and given to us for free. Wallace has been going from strength to strength. Lee has been brilliant under Carlos. Hutch has gone from a questionable injury prone maybe player to one of the best defensive midfield players outside the premier league. FF has been pretty consistent and viewed by many as one of the best attacking players in the league.

For the TLDR summary: You're talking bøllocks to try and support your dislike of our manager. Stop.

1 minute ago, Minton said:

McGeady - had 13 appearances to show he was worth a contract and didn't perform. I didn't hear many people up in arms when we didn't sign him. 

Joao - Had chance after chance, showed what he is capable of against Arsenal, can you say he performed like that again? Us sending him out on loan is a last chance saloon offer, prove you're worth a shirt. Hopefully he kicks on and can be a member of the squad next season.

McGugan has no one but himself to blame. How can you support a player who refused to play how and where his manager asked?! 

Urby hasn't been fit and has obviously not shown the desire to work his way in. There is a reason he's dropped from starting for AC Milan to playing reserve football in the championship. 

Abdi has spent MONTHS on the treatment table, the games he has played and been fit, he's been great.

McMannaman - You're basing your slagging of Carlos on one game. I saw Michele Di Piedi score a wonder goal once. Reckon he was underused and undervalued too? He's underperformed at West brom and been sent on loan to the championship for a reason. 

JR and SW - **** me, give them a bloody chance. New club for them both, new teammates, new system and they've both scored. Sorry, but if you're expecting a goal a game from them both then you're more deluded than I thought. 

Also, I don't see you mentioning those players that Carlos has managed to work wonders with. Bannan was deemed useless by villa and given to us for free. Wallace has been going from strength to strength. Lee has been brilliant under Carlos. Hutch has gone from a questionable injury prone maybe player to one of the best defensive midfield players outside the premier league. FF has been pretty consistent and viewed by many as one of the best attacking players in the league.

For the TLDR summary: You're talking bøllocks to try and support your dislike of our manager. Stop.

tyTc1Nl.jpg

I agree with what others have said, lets wait until the end of the season and see were we finish up, we all need to give full backing to the players and management to give ourselves the best chance of achieving the dream we all share (back to the Premiership, the place this great club belongs). If we fall short and dont qualify for the play offs im sure DC will have a very tough decision to make but i really hope it doesnt come down to that. Certain players arent maybe performing to the standard we want but i dont think thats the fault of CC. We have 9 cup finals (hopefully 12) coming up. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

6 minutes ago, 12345 said:

What are you saying ?, thought that was the title of the thread. Take it you heard Roy Keane saying McGeady was lazy and overweight and you cant blame him for shipping Joao out on lian

Roy Keane has a track record of writing off good players.

Jordan Rhodes and Conor Hourahaine are two that spring to mind.

Edited by Bodhidharma