Carvalhal not getting the best out of players?

Great post this ... keeps all the moaning buggers in one place.

Just in case anyone is losing sleep about Friday ... there is a solution.

SNL-BreatheRight.mpg

Lets turn up well rested and become a seething mass of blue and white

turning Hillsborough into an arena of fear and dread for this bunch of

Thames Estuary wallers.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

We are 6th in the table. Given the squad i expected us to be higher. Where do you expect us to be? You havent answered my question yet?

I expected us to be below Villa, Norwich and Newcastle. Brighton were always going to be a threat too, so top 6 was, in my opinion a realistic aim.

2 minutes ago, markowl said:

I expected us to be below Villa, Norwich and Newcastle. Brighton were always going to be a threat too, so top 6 was, in my opinion a realistic aim.

Fair enough then. At least you answered. In your case we are performing as expected. Thats fine.

2 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Fair enough then. At least you answered. In your case we are performing as expected. Thats fine.

Out of the 4 teams I mentioned, did you think (at the start of the season) we would finish above any of them.

Be honest. 

1 minute ago, poite said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. But I've seen a few people onow here saying we're 6th and in the playoff positions.

Sorry guys, we're not.

:duntmatter:

:columbo:Screenshot_20170315-190336.png

Edited by markowl

8 hours ago, Morepork said:

Such a tenuous list that doesn't really relate to your post heading.

McGeady came to us with no game time and subsequently zero form, it just didn't happen for him at S6 no mystery. Maybe at this stage in his career he's happier being a bigger fish in a smaller pond, who knows....

Joao I think most of us would agree that he was responsible for his own dip in form, he started well then seemed to believe his own press and lost his way, in the end he just needed a goal but we just couldn't wait for him to score it. I'm happy he's getting game time, the loan was right for both him and us.

Lewis McGugan wouldn't get in our team even if CC was prepared to pick him, we've not been privy to the discussions between CC and LM but if the former refuses to pick him because he believes his attitude is wrong then I'm going to back up the coach because LM has form.

Urby Emanuelson (International Player.......of yesteryear) Signed as cover and he's been injured for most of his time here, making him sound like a current international is silly.

Almen Abdi also injured, hence his lack of game time.

Rhodes and Winnall no issue with them, no idea why you'd add them to this list.

McMannaman, CC has already stated that he's been incredibly unlucky not to have featured more, he's done well when he's played so again no idea why you'd add him to a list that is supposedly players CC isn't getting the best out of....

A very balanced view and some of it I think yes that's right. But a bit of me cant help thinking that Carlos hasn't done the best with a lot of the players.

1 minute ago, markowl said:

Because you're only happy posting negativity 

Are you basing that on my post in this thread or are you one of my avid followers? 

I'm rarely negative. Critical, but not negative.

1 hour ago, stanningtonowl said:

A very balanced view and some of it I think yes that's right. But a bit of me cant help thinking that Carlos hasn't done the best with a lot of the players.

I wouldn't disagree, I just didn't agree with either the list of individuals put forward by the OP or the reasoning, if thats the right word.

Bannan would be a better example, last season CC built him up from nothing to become arguably one of our best players, then proceeded to destroy him by continuously playing him out of position. Only in recent months have we seen him looking anything like last season.

Without a doubt we have a few players who need to hold their hands up and take responsibility for not meeting the required level of performance and consistency this season. Additionally, as others have alluded to in their replies, CC's tactics have at times meant the performances of some individuals have been negatively effected, he needs to own that, that said I'm sure his response would be that we are still in 6th place in a much stronger league than last season.

In general, there needs to be an acceptance that all players drift in and out of form, some are more consistent than others but no club in world can boast all it's players playing at the top of their game.

As I've said elsewhere, in this league you can hope to finish in the top 2 and expect to finish in the top 6, expectations beyond that are not realistic for any team in the Championship, regardless of what you've spent or who your coach is.

Ultimately, we should be and need to be doing better, not everything can be laid squarely at the feet of CC though, to say he hasn't got the best out of players that are injured, were signed as cover, have showed an unwillingness to wear the shirt or even players that have only been at the club a couple of months is nonsense.

Edited by Morepork

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

58c976fea6222_Clap2.gif.96b1641020322334047315ed7b0fc85b.gif

Abso-fookin-lutely!

After the playoff final, we'd apparently blown our big chance and were destined to rue the loss for years to come as we slipped back down into mid-table obscurity due to the strength of this season's league. Yet now we're back in the playoff positions, we need to sack the manager as we're massively underachieving.

Welcome to Owlstalk. Please leave logic at the door.

We were always the underdogs in the play-offs, so personally I didn't feel rueful. And actually, most Owls fans saw it as a good day out, rather than a terrible loss. I thought we'd find it harder this season, because we'd have lost the element of surprise, but with a strike force of FF, Hooper, Fletcher, Winnall and Rhodes I couldn't see any manager surviving any sort of flirt with relegation. That lot's earning £8 million a year. Gray's entire squad earned £12 million annually.

But this season is special. It's extremely unusual to have three other non-parachute teams in the play-offs, so it is a glorious opportunity.