What Sheffield Wednesday players don't you know from this list?

1 hour ago, SirSheridan said:

Simon Donnelly played 62 games for us??? 

I'm genuinely suprised by that. I remember moaning about him never playing!

In 4 or 5 years wasn't it 

phill o donnell was the other one who hardly played

but yea 62 games certainly didn't seem like that 

on a similar theme I've got a list of all the players who have played for SWFC from 1880 up until 1st Feb 2014 [no idea where it came from]. Benick Afobe was no 999 who was the 1,000 player to play for us? This isn't a quiz I can't remember who we signed after young Benick.

Thinking about it we'd been going for 13 years in 1880 so the list is cobblers.

39 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Funny I was discussing Eddie Holiday with a Boro fan last week who asked how many games he played for us,so I thought I'd have a look at this list when reminded of him,he isn't on it.

I remember him mate , a rapid left winger who unfortunately wasn't very good for us .

4 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

How can they not have Eddie Holiday on?    England winger who we paid a big sum for, from the Boro in about 1962.

You'd think whoever compiled it would have had 'The Wednesday Boys' or 'Complete Record' to hand.

just had a look in the bible and 62 games 14 goals which for a winger isn't a bad return .....I still remember as not very good though

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

It took him 2/3 years after that to get In the England squad? He broke into villas team the season after joining us 

Not sturrock playing him out of position in the few times he did play him then. 50% right lol