New Manager

1 minute ago, wawawuto said:

Carlos has to be given until the end of the season it would be ridiculous to sack him now, but if we dont go up Chansiri would be within his rights to sack.

It was around this time of the season that we sacked Megson and Huddersfield sacked Clarke.

Both clubs got promoted.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

It was around this time of the season that we sacked Megson and Huddersfield sacked Clarke.

Both clubs got promoted.

Different league and circumstances. Look at the effect sacking Rowett has had on Birmingham. If it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong

1 hour ago, Skiptonowl said:

I don't post on here much but having read the many silly comments calling for the head of Caravahal. A simple question is who would theses so called supporters want in his place? Please no more mention of Megson.

I accept that the free flowing football is not visible at present, but let's e patient. Be careful what you wish for. 

Why dismiss any talk of a manager who has twice won promotion from this league?

1 hour ago, Kameron said:

Supporters have no access to the list of people who would apply, who had heard of Carlos before he came here? People used to say who would do better than Gray, Carlos has but I'm sure Gray would have done no worse with the same budget. 

Gray did exceptionally well with the budget he had. He managed 10 away wins in his last season here, our home form was poor but that could have been down to the pitch

Let's be honest here, for the first time in maybe 20 years we can truthfully say it's a dream job and should CC go, the list of applicants would be very long. I do think it would also appeal to many managers currently in work elsewhere. But it's all conjecture at the moment, let's hope CC decides to release the shackles...

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Clubs don't seem to be breaking Stu's door down.

Do you think he's out of work? He's Senior First Team Coach at a club who could conceivably overtake us at some stage this season (they are ahead of us in both last 6 and last 10 games form table)- on a much smaller budget. 

Edited by Almat

6 minutes ago, Almat said:

Do you think he's out of work? He's a coach at a club who could conceivably overtake us at some stage this season (they are ahead of us in both last 6 and last 10 games form table)- on a much smaller budget. 

Fulham on a much smaller budget?

Edited by BIG D

1 hour ago, Animal said:

Only one that I can think of is Rowett.

Is this ironic?

You know, the one person (other than Pearson) who would guarantee total negative football that would make CCs tactics this year look completely cavalier.

Can we close Owlstalk down, take a deep breath, have a rethink and start again!!

Carlos doesn't normally stay at a club for more than two seasons.

The owner will no doubt have been forming an opinion on which managers can get us up if he feels Carlos can't.

Will Carlos get a third attempt  if we don't make it this season?

I like Carlos but my money is on "no".

25 minutes ago, Almat said:

Do you think he's out of work? He's Senior First Team Coach at a club who could conceivably overtake us at some stage this season (they are ahead of us in both last 6 and last 10 games form table)- on a much smaller budget. 

Read back a few posts.:stuwinky:

3 minutes ago, charmer said:

I'll be catching up with meggo in a few weeks.  I'll ask him outright when i see him. Although i already know the answer.  

I wouldn't go back to my old job if  they were still paying me for getting my garden all spruced up.garymegson