Reach

Guest Theboylangers

On 26/02/2017 at 01:47, S36 OWL said:

He was poor today , but there is a lot more to come from him. 

Is what people keep on saying ...

for me personally, i've always thought (not through any fault of his own) that his purchase price was way over the top. £2m at most .. at the very most. For it to be a £5m basic fee with £2m extra based on certain criteria .. Boro have had our pants down BIG TIME ...

he's a steady eddy player but look at the stats, not exactly throwing in goals and assists is he ..

On 26/02/2017 at 14:11, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

This seems to be the most common thing I hear about Reach.

He definitely isn't a winger. Can't take a man on, doesn't score goals, gives balls away needlessly and doesn't supply the forwards with any crosses.

he isn't a full back because he wimps tackles and loses every 50/50 confrontation.

We have been sold a complete dud - regardless of the price. We'd be a far better team with him not in it - he offers nothing.

Cant take a man on - He clearly can, but it's not something he'll often do as it's not his game. And so what if it isn't? There's no requirement for taking a player on when playing as a wide player in modern football. Its bizzare that you're expecting that from him. He plays with his head up and is more likely to be looking for a pass than dribbling past defenders.

Doesnt score goals - Not sure how many you're expecting from a lad who plays as a left back most weeks. He does have a good strike on him as we've seen occasionally, but probably does lack a bit of belief in that regard. A bit like Lee.

Gives balls away needlessly - As do Bannan, Lee, Wallace, Mcmanaman, FF, Hunt, Pudil, Fox....He's no worse than them.

Doesnt supply forwards with any crosses - That's just complete rubbish. Put the best cross of the game in on Saturday and has done the same in many other games. He's not doing it consistently no, but nobody else is, so why single him out?

If you don't rate him fine. But some of things yourself, ramone and a few others have levelled at him are complete rounduns. I doubt you'd focus so intently on the negative aspects of his game if he hadn't cost as much as he did. 

There are many positives to his game and he has put in some very good performances for us. 

Guest RocketOwl

Reaxh played a brilliant ball into the box on Saturday and no one was there - right across the box.

Still it's easier to say lack of service.

57 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Cant take a man on - He clearly can, but it's not something he'll often do as it's not his game. And so what if it isn't? There's no requirement for taking a player on when playing as a wide player in modern football. Its bizzare that you're expecting that from him. He plays with his head up and is more likely to be looking for a pass than dribbling past defenders.

Doesnt score goals - Not sure how many you're expecting from a lad who plays as a left back most weeks. He does have a good strike on him as we've seen occasionally, but probably does lack a bit of belief in that regard. A bit like Lee.

Gives balls away needlessly - As do Bannan, Lee, Wallace, Mcmanaman, FF, Hunt, Pudil, Fox....He's no worse than them.

Doesnt supply forwards with any crosses - That's just complete rubbish. Put the best cross of the game in on Saturday and has done the same in many other games. He's not doing it consistently no, but nobody else is, so why single him out?

If you don't rate him fine. But some of things yourself, ramone and a few others have levelled at him are complete rounduns. I doubt you'd focus so intently on the negative aspects of his game if he hadn't cost as much as he did. 

There are many positives to his game and he has put in some very good performances for us. 

Getting sick of saying this mate, I DONT CARE HOW MUCH HE COSTS!!! Read peoples posts before trying to 'name and shame' - it just makes you come across a wally.

Also, nice attempt and trying to find a positive in this game. Only been waiting a week. But saying 'he's no worse than x/y/z' isn't really picking out positives in his game is it.  

Re: his crossing - blimey, did you not see 3 sliced attempts at crossing it? Or are you only picking out the 'good' ones. I put 'good' because if you look at it, he put the ball into an area. No regard for where any of our players were actually stood on the pitch (ie. no where near where he crossed it). I call a good cross as a cross where we create a chance. Not one that goes out for a throw in.

Keep trying though pal, I admire blind faith sometimes

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Reaxh played a brilliant ball into the box on Saturday and no one was there - right across the box.

Still it's easier to say lack of service.

And you call that a good cross!!! Christ. Read what you're typing. 

What you're saying, he kicked the ball to nobody. And you're saying thats a good thing??????????

Guest RocketOwl
19 minutes ago, ramone said:

And you call that a good cross!!! Christ. Read what you're typing. 

What you're saying, he kicked the ball to nobody. And you're saying thats a good thing??????????

Good grief. Some right clowns on here.

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, ramone said:

Adam Reach kicks the ball out for a throw in and you call it a good cross. Who's the clown?

What on earth are you waffling on about. Reach in the first half got to by line and played a fantastic low cross into box which none of the striker gambled on as they didn't expect him to be able to get the cross in.

It was commented on at half time what a good ball it was and how they couldn't believe the strikers didn't make better runs into the box.

I suggest you watch the game pal.

Edited by RocketOwl

To be honest we can lambast the lad all we want, even make him the new Dave, but the facts are maybe if we were exploiting our attacking options and playing less negative in games he'd maybe get some confidence and look a far better player. As would most of those like Bannan, Wallace, Fernando etc. At the moment as people keep mentioning were stifling our fluidity and it helps no one. 

9 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

To be honest we can lambast the lad all we want, even make him the new Dave, but the facts are maybe if we were exploiting our attacking options and playing less negative in games he'd maybe get some confidence and look a far better player. As would most of those like Bannan, Wallace, Fernando etc. At the moment as people keep mentioning were stifling our fluidity and it helps no one. 

And this dove tails into the Carlos thread. Is it his fault?

On 25/02/2017 at 23:36, RocketOwl said:

Reach is a good player and will get better but he was dreadful today.

I don't think it's doing him any good playing left back then left wing and so on every game.

We have far greater issues than Reach.

Carlos needs to just say right Adam your better then Pudil and Foz at left back so you're my left back till end of season. He's a confidence player and will play better with a more stable position in team.

Another player being negatively affected by CC's tactics and inability to select players for their best positions.

He will be fine when someone takes this squad by the scruff and makes the tough decisions needed 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

What on earth are you waffling on about. Reach in the first half got to by line and played a fantastic low cross into box which none of the striker gambled on as they didn't expect him to be able to get the cross in.

It was commented on at half time what a good ball it was and how they couldn't believe the strikers didn't make better runs into the box.

I suggest you watch the game pal.

I watched the game mate.

Its wasn't a good ball. The way people view a good pass/cross in modern football is so backwards. A good ball would have cut back to Jordan Rhodes to tap in. He could have looked up (he had a second to do that), realised that Rhodes was too far away for the ball 'in the corridor of uncertainty' as the pundits call it and pulled it back. Instead, he fired it across without looking and there wasn't a striker in sight.

Im sorry, but I'll make up my own mind what I think is a good ball in. I won't be shepherded into believing something because Keith Andrews said so.

Thanks anyway