Reach

Guest Theboylangers

7 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

To be fair scoring goals and crossing into the box for strikers (who haven't been there) are things I have seen him do.

But I agree that he struggles to take a man on, gives the ball away and is too weak to be a defender 

He has scored two goals!

Where are these crosses? He provides zero for our strikers?

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

3 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He has scored one goal!

Where are these crosses? He provides zero for our strikers?

He scored two, once at Preston and against Birmingham. Obviously not prolific but he's scored more than none haha

and he put in a good cross yesterday which Rhodes didn't anticipate 

like ive said before he hasn't done much in his Wednesday career so far but his best stuff has been higher up the pitch 

Edited by Southie_Owl

48 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

What on earth makes you think he is a good winger? He has the attacking threat of an injured sloth.

He's not having the best of times at the moment but so are others. 

I dont one get why we pay 5 million for him to play him LB. 

Middlesbrough rated him where he played as a left winger. 

21 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Don't think Reach is a bad player just a very ordinary level 2 player.

But does take your breath away how the finances in football have gone when going rate for such an average player is £5m (plus no doubt stupid wages on top).  

Needs love not scorn 

I think the ability to beat a man as a wide-player is not something you can learn over time. You can get better at it sure BUT you either have it in you or you don't. Age is no excuse when you look at the likes of Rashford out wide and consider Reach's experience. Reach doesn't anticipate forward movement or space opening up very well and he doesn't link up well with our midfield to beat his man either. His crosses are always way too late which gives the opposition defence too much time to sure up.

He leaves his fullback way too exposed which is troubling considering he himself plays left-back half the time and he's not exactly convincing or imposing at LB. either. I really don't know what we're going to do with him but Carlos needs to decide quickly because moving him all over the pitch is not helping us or his development.

I'd like to see us play 443 and with him used on the right side of the 3.

I think he could be effective cutting in on his left foot like Wallace does.....with the advantage of having more pace and height.

Rhodes up top....Winnall left.

Midfield 3 of Abdi, Jones and Forestieri 

Back 4 of Palmer, Lees, Hutchinson, Pudil

On 2/25/2017 at 23:39, manicowl said:

I said exactly this in a thread about a month back and took an absolute pasting for it. Hope you fare better pal.

As was I - for saying that he had been disappointing thus far.

He has things going for him and I accept being moved position so often can't help but at present he is nothing more than neat and tidy.