Reach

Guest Theboylangers

He's offering us absolutely nothing most weeks. If he was playing well he wouldn't get moved to full back every week. His crossing on the whole is poor, got no pace and rarely beats his man. Need so much more from our wide men. 

Carlos not helping matters wanting us to play narrow all the time. 

IMO the best thing Reach has done in his Wednesday career so far is cross the ball,  from the left. He's too weak to be a defender, and not fast enough to be a wide midfielder that transitions the ball quickly from the half way line up the field.

Therefore his best position would be in the left of an attacking 3 players behind a lone striker (4-2-3-1).  As he would be further up the field and in better positions to collect the ball and cross into the middle 

However, Rhodes apparantly isn't good as a lone striker and I know we won't see that system under Carlos - but I feel in that system is where Reach would be most productive. 

Edited by Southie_Owl

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Therefore his best position would be in the left of an attacking 3 players behind a lone striker (4-2-3-1).  As he would be further up the field and in better positions to collect the ball and cross into the middle

I still think he'd struggle in that position.

Forestieri would score and create a lot more playing there.

4 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I still think he'd struggle in that position.

Forestieri would score and create a lot more playing there.

You're not wrong, I would be playing that system and have Forestieri as the player in that position with Reach as his backup/substitute. Two players for every position etc. 

4 hours ago, tuttuttut said:

At this moment in time he offers nothing defense or attack wise, neshs tackles and looks like he's struggling.

I said after the Birmingham game he is better coming off the bench at the moment. 

Not righting him off yet 

Correct, after yesterdays game theres no way he should be starting against norwich. Its got to be fessi or macmanaman on the left

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

He reminds me of Walter Soppy off the Beano, or a pastel jumper and chino wearing hall monitor, he's just way too nice, he needs an edge, maybe start wearing a leather jacket, smoke a cig, gel his hair into a quiff and start working on car engines, instead of carrying the other kids school books about for them.

This is actually a good synopsis for what happens in Grease 2 

lol 

14 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Reach is a good player and will get better but he was dreadful today.

This seems to be the most common thing I hear about Reach.

He definitely isn't a winger. Can't take a man on, doesn't score goals, gives balls away needlessly and doesn't supply the forwards with any crosses.

he isn't a full back because he wimps tackles and loses every 50/50 confrontation.

We have been sold a complete dud - regardless of the price. We'd be a far better team with him not in it - he offers nothing.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

This seems to be the most common thing I hear about Reach.

He definitely isn't a winger. Can't take a man on, doesn't score goals, gives balls away needlessly and doesn't supply the forwards with any crosses.

he isn't a full back because he wimps tackles and loses every 50/50 confrontation.

We have been sold a complete dud - regardless of the price. We'd be a far better team with him not in it - he offers nothing.

To be fair scoring goals and crossing into the box for strikers (who haven't been there) are things I have seen him do.

But I agree that he struggles to take a man on, gives the ball away and is too weak to be a defender