Reach

Guest Theboylangers

On 28/02/2017 at 20:10, stanningtonowl said:

And this dove tails into the Carlos thread. Is it his fault?

There have been plenty of players who go to a club that were awful and then go somewhere else and they turn into very very important players. Someone mentioned about reach constantly being shuffled about positianaly may be part of the problem. Look at Jones at man ure? Looked awesome for both them and England when he first signed, then they stuffed him everywhere apart from cb were he's always played, never been the same since. 

1 hour ago, roundhayowl said:

I think he could make a very good full back, but it doesn't help when he is there one minute and left wing the next. He has a physical presence, some pace and he does have a brain - although I do agree he has been underperforming. He needs a run at left back for me.

My biggest issue with him is that he never seems to know what he wants to do - should I pass, shouldI cross, should I shoot, should I dribble etc. Forge a plan in your head Adam and execute it!

Your last paragraph sums up the team as a whole at the moment - I don't think anyone really does and this lies with the manager.

Its slow and turgid with very little end product 

One for the future (and on the wing!) possibly needs taking out of the front line for a week or two. For me never a full back. At the minute £5m looks top side but he'll get up to speed, certainly got the feet and a good work ethic. A summer of supplements and gym sessions may help.