Reach

Guest Theboylangers

4 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Cant take a man on - He clearly can, but it's not something he'll often do as it's not his game. And so what if it isn't? There's no requirement for taking a player on when playing as a wide player in modern football. Its bizzare that you're expecting that from him. He plays with his head up and is more likely to be looking for a pass than dribbling past defenders.

Doesnt score goals - Not sure how many you're expecting from a lad who plays as a left back most weeks. He does have a good strike on him as we've seen occasionally, but probably does lack a bit of belief in that regard. A bit like Lee.

Gives balls away needlessly - As do Bannan, Lee, Wallace, Mcmanaman, FF, Hunt, Pudil, Fox....He's no worse than them.

Doesnt supply forwards with any crosses - That's just complete rubbish. Put the best cross of the game in on Saturday and has done the same in many other games. He's not doing it consistently no, but nobody else is, so why single him out?

If you don't rate him fine. But some of things yourself, ramone and a few others have levelled at him are complete rounduns. I doubt you'd focus so intently on the negative aspects of his game if he hadn't cost as much as he did. 

There are many positives to his game and he has put in some very good performances for us. 

Im sorry but I disagree with just about everything you say here.

You have totally misinterpreted what I said.

it doesn't necessarily matter that he can't do one of the things I identified - David Beckham didn't take a man on - it's the fact he does none of them.

His purchase price has absolutely zero to do with my opinion.

In my opinion he is the worst player that regularly plays and offers absolutely zero. I am 100% certain that I will be vindicated by the career he will go on to have. Bottom half of the Championship at best before most likely moving down a division.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

Guest RocketOwl

Reach has more potential and ability at this stage than Chris Brunt had.

Brunt has gone onto have a great career, oh and was constantly slagged off on here too.

5 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Reach has more potential and ability at this stage than Chris Brunt had.

Brunt has gone onto have a great career, oh and was constantly slagged off on here too.

No he doesn't.

Brunt had a dream of a left foot that could provide both quality and a thunderbolt.

Reach has no weapons and will never play regularly in the PL.

At the age of 22 Beunt had already had a season where he scored 10 league goals and at 23 was sold to WBA where he played a major part in their promotion.

At 24 he scored 9 PL goals in a season!

Adam Reach is 24 now! He doesn't even compare to Brunt.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No he doesn't.

Brunt had a dream of a left foot that could provide both quality and a thunderbolt.

Very negative. He's better then you.

6 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Very negative. He's better then you.

See my above edit. It's not being negative, you were just talking absolute rounduns.

As for him being better than me - so is Lee Bullen  but I wouldn't want him

starting for us any more. As ridiculous as your Brunt post.

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

See my above edit. It's not being negative, you were just talking absolute rounduns.

As for him being better than me - so is Lee Bullen  but I wouldn't want him

starting for us any more. As ridiculous as your Brunt post.

He's talks garbage mate. Not worth debating with

Guest RocketOwl

No offence Ramone but like most on here I take what you say with a pinch of salt.

Anyone who thinks Claude Dielna is good says it all.

1 hour ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No he doesn't.

At the age of 22 Beunt had already had a season where he scored 10 league goals and at 23 was sold to WBA where he played a major part in their promotion.

At 24 he scored 9 PL goals in a season!

Adam Reach is 24 now! He doesn't even compare to Brunt.

Why be quite so aggressively negative about our own player? The club has invested a lot of money in this lad, so why not try to support him rather than write him off?

Maybe he won't be as good as Brunt, but hopefully we can allow him to be the best player he can be. 

Guest RocketOwl

Reach could easily have a similar career to Brunt. He's faster, and I would say already ahead of Brunt when Brunt was Reach age.

Give Adam some credit.

8 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Reach could easily have a similar career to Brunt. He's faster, and I would say already ahead of Brunt when Brunt was Reach age.

Give Adam some credit.

As I said Brunt scored 9 PL goals in one season at the same age.

So how on earth is Reach ahead at the same age?

He offers balance down the left but I expected more assists at this stage of the season. He was poor on Saturday but so was all the attacking players. 

I dont expect 10 goals a season from him but I'd be looking at more 5-6 goals and as many assists. He looked short on confidence to me, his crosses are a lot better than he showed on Saturday. Chance to make things right come Saturday.

On 27/02/2017 at 11:17, mancowl08 said:

I'd like to see us play 443 and with him used on the right side of the 3.

I think he could be effective cutting in on his left foot like Wallace does.....with the advantage of having more pace and height.

Rhodes up top....Winnall left.

Midfield 3 of Abdi, Jones and Forestieri 

Back 4 of Palmer, Lees, Hutchinson, Pudil

I'd like 443 too but it won't be allowed!

But you're right I'd like 433 or 4231 with the players we have, and I agree that Reach would be best as part of the front 3 or behind a lone striker. However he wouldn't get into my starting eleven if I was able to play either of those formations, but a good player to have in the squad

Winger burdened with lot of defensive duties, who never get ball in situations where he can go one on one against full-back. Saying that he gives ball away a lot, and that he can cross it in my opinion is complete nonsense.

11 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Give Adam some credit.

Blimey - If you think Reach is better than Brunt was at his age then you really haven't a clue. 

Stick to championing Lewis McGugan for a first team slot

Many comments here I agree with.  He looks like the sort of player who is relatively easy to defend against.  Personally I would take him out of the team and spend the next 7 months working intensively on his strength and power, and see next season if he has it in him to be a dynamite winger.  If not, then accept he is a full back and stick to making him a defender.

14 hours ago, ramone said:

I watched the game mate.

Its wasn't a good ball. The way people view a good pass/cross in modern football is so backwards. A good ball would have cut back to Jordan Rhodes to tap in. He could have looked up (he had a second to do that), realised that Rhodes was too far away for the ball 'in the corridor of uncertainty' as the pundits call it and pulled it back. Instead, he fired it across without looking and there wasn't a striker in sight.

Im sorry, but I'll make up my own mind what I think is a good ball in. I won't be shepherded into believing something because Keith Andrews said so.

Thanks anyway

:tango:

I think he could make a very good full back, but it doesn't help when he is there one minute and left wing the next. He has a physical presence, some pace and he does have a brain - although I do agree he has been underperforming. He needs a run at left back for me.

My biggest issue with him is that he never seems to know what he wants to do - should I pass, shouldI cross, should I shoot, should I dribble etc. Forge a plan in your head Adam and execute it!