Lot of love for Wednesday from Man Utd fans

3 hours ago, steveger said:

Remember seeing us beat them 2.0 at Old Trafford live on the teli,(1986) my first game at S6 was against them, won 1.0 Lee Chapman, (nov 1985)

from a corner, think it might have been from mark chamberlain. We battered them during the latter stages, getting corner after corner.

1 hour ago, g-owls said:

I don't mind United and never understood when people moaned and complained about them buying the title in the 90's.

No, they had a world class manager, a great history, huge support and a board of directors who knew how to run a football club.

It's the huge support that winds people up, there was one kid at school in the mid-90's who had supported Wednesday for years, declared he'd had enough 1 day and turned up in the green & yellow man utd kit the next week.

It's easy to 'support' a winning team and equally easy to have a growing dislike when some of their supporters, who have seen them live less times than you have when watching them against Wednesday, rub it in your face.

They have always had a good core support amidst the glory hunters thought, fair play to them, I wonder if any of them were booing their own team as they struggled to a 2-1 win against Blackburn?

12 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Yes pal

Remember it well, was going to go to the match with him, can't remember why but ended up on a coach from Stocksbridge, remember getting back to Hillsborough and somebody saying he had been 2hatted, we all laughed not knowing how serious it was. Hasn't put him off, still often see him pissed as a fart at matches nowadays.

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

I just wish people would get their name right.

Their full correct title is "Manchester United i've always supported them because my Uncle did even though i've never lived within 100 miles of Manchester".

I thought their name was man u shited

28 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Remember it well, was going to go to the match with him, can't remember why but ended up on a coach from Stocksbridge, remember getting back to Hillsborough and somebody saying he had been 2hatted, we all laughed not knowing how serious it was. Hasn't put him off, still often see him pissed as a fart at matches nowadays.

Yeah, he was on our coach, was gutted what happened .  Good lad Sam, see him about regularly , like U say - usually bladdered :biggrin:

Just now, newbster said:

I thought their name was man u shited

You pays your money, takes ur camera, (must take a camera if you're near the front) buys ur shirt, call them 'United' like there's only one, cry like a baby when they don't qualify for the Champions league and hey ho, welcome to the theatre of F***n dreams!!!!

Love to turn up in a Man U shirt, with "GLORY BOY" all over the back.

39 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

Albert Logan?

On 18/02/2017 at 18:10, seanus said:

Interesting topic on Redcafe- on which teams Man Utd fans would you like to see back in the Premier League

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-perfect-premier-league-20.426565/

To be honest I don't have a problem with man utd the club.  I do hate the fans though, so many glory hunters especially in Yorkshire who are all united fans because there dad or grandad was and of course every single one you meet is a season ticket holder, old Trafford must be the biggest stadium In the world with a multi million capacity. lol

I have no problem with man utd the club either. However, it was their supporters who decided that, because they travelled in such great numbers , they could "take over" the home end of any club that they visited. The direct result of this was the phenomenon that became known as football hooliganism that blighted the game for many years. It is the reason why we now get the derisory amount of 2,700 tickets allocated from clubs such as Forest yesterday. It is the reason why fences were erected around football pitches in this country , and sadly we all know the results of that.

I know that it is now a different generation supporting that club , but I can never forgive them for ruining the enjoyment of many people who used to enjoy a Saturday afternoon at the football stadiums up and down the country. Many of those people turned their backs on our national game and never returned. Man ure fans can kiss my @rse.

Rant over.

On 18 February 2017 at 18:28, @owlstalk said:

That time we got locked in after the game whilst their fans congregated outside kicking the hell out of the shutters/gates

Then they let us out right into the middle of them all

CARNAGE 

i was there.. the first and only time i have seen women and children targeted.. scum the lot of them.. can think of other words to describe them but i would get banned

2 hours ago, cognacbarnowl said:

I have no problem with man utd the club either. However, it was their supporters who decided that, because they travelled in such great numbers , they could "take over" the home end of any club that they visited. The direct result of this was the phenomenon that became known as football hooliganism that blighted the game for many years. It is the reason why we now get the derisory amount of 2,700 tickets allocated from clubs such as Forest yesterday. It is the reason why fences were erected around football pitches in this country , and sadly we all know the results of that.

I know that it is now a different generation supporting that club , but I can never forgive them for ruining the enjoyment of many people who used to enjoy a Saturday afternoon at the football stadiums up and down the country. Many of those people turned their backs on our national game and never returned. Man ure fans can kiss my @rse.

Rant over.

You can add the Scousers to that list an all. They also had other tactics that are not allowed to be spoken about anymore

Remember watching us beat them at home with a very late goal , as i was walking on penistone rd after the game i was surrounded by three man u fans who pulled out a knife and theatend to slice me up, luckily a cop van pulled up and knocked the crap out of the b#$*#@ds never had any love for them after that.

9 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

The very same, though we always know him as Sam. Known him for years, still not sure what his proper name is. Mind you don't think he does himself sometimes. (-;

lol I still see him knocking about round boro, used to meet him his dad and the rest of the Stannington lads in the Walkley Club every Sunday dinnertime we had some right laughs. That was 20 years ago his dad still goes in every week and Albert occasionally good times.