Lot of love for Wednesday from Man Utd fans

Having spent a lot of time in Manchester I would say United fans are far better to talk to than City. They always show an interest in Wednesday when they find out you support them - even if they know very little about football beyond the Champions League regulars and the Prem top four.

City on the other hand love to rub it in that they're one of the big boys now - and how they always stuck by their club. City fans regard their club on a par with Barcelona but when 'little Wednesday' lost 7-nil to them they dined off it for months.

15 hours ago, Animal said:

Yeh well can't stand Liverpool with a passion so just made Man Utd my second team

All the teams in the world and you chose that shower. 

I absaloutly detest Man Utd . I'm quite astounded there are people on this forum that actually like them.

wemt on the Stretford end a few years back when they lost to athletic bilbao . The fact I got no grief for openly celebrating Bilbao's victory sums them up. 

Edited by james o connor

Always enjoyed playing them mainly due to the fact the ground would be packed and there would always be a great atmosphere...have been to a fair few really dodgy ones...the League Cup and the 4-4 but also some when there has been bugger all going off and not many there either...1-1 away Colin West diving header day...only 26k ish and had a decent hour in the local pub after too as it should be!...all Man U fans I know have a respect for The Wednesday and see us as a 'proper team'!!

If you're not from greater Manchester or you don't have any connection to the area, even if you go to games then you are a glory hunter end of story. Even if your local side is gash.

You'll never be regarded in the same way as one of their own and you stick out like a soar thumb.

Man Utd have more local fans than we do so disparaging them is a bit much.

On 18/02/2017 at 18:28, @owlstalk said:

That time we got locked in after the game whilst their fans congregated outside kicking the hell out of the shutters/gates

Then they let us out right into the middle of them all

CARNAGE 

They got some retribution by the gate / travellers lot in the reply

:ph34r:

2 hours ago, SWFC18 said:

They got some retribution by the gate / travellers lot in the reply

:ph34r:

Fully deserved it after what they did to Sam/Albert,  Women and kids and many others that day. Seem to remember alot of Wednesday fans stopped travelling to Man Utd for a few years after that match, in much the same way as many stopped visiting Leeds post Kirkland match.

5 hours ago, james o connor said:

All the teams in the world and you chose that shower. 

I absaloutly detest Man Utd . I'm quite astounded there are people on this forum that actually like them.

wemt on the Stretford end a few years back when they lost to athletic bilbao . The fact I got no grief for openly celebrating Bilbao's victory sums them up. 

Athletic Club is my fave Spanish side... true story. 

On 18/02/2017 at 18:32, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Was that the 'Dambusters' game?

When the Unitedites were pulling Wednesdayites out of cars?

I got stopped in my tracks by a man (U) man mountain on leaving that game..Im 6'2" and I could not see around him.... he stood there in a t shirt (its was f..kin freezing that night), told me I was sheep shagger and as he was about to launch his enormous fist thru my head a police horse appeared and knocked him off his feet...thankfully!

10 hours ago, CEOwl said:

Having spent a lot of time in Manchester I would say United fans are far better to talk to than City. They always show an interest in Wednesday when they find out you support them - even if they know very little about football beyond the Champions League regulars and the Prem top four.

City on the other hand love to rub it in that they're one of the big boys now - and how they always stuck by their club. City fans regard their club on a par with Barcelona but when 'little Wednesday' lost 7-nil to them they dined off it for months.

Weird isn't it, personally I've got lot of time for City fans. I know a few and they're top lads, and there comments always  are that seemingly most City fans got lots of time for Wednesday too.  All about opinions as usual !