little competition folks,

6 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Since then I think there is a bit of fawning over him. I understand life is tough but it's a bit sickly at times. And  he has become a bit of a charity case with more free tickets etc. Plus the whole incident with a mandarics farewell was cringey. So I'm a bit sarcastic back. It's just my nature I guess

If that's how you feel then there probably isn't much I can do to change your mind.

My position on Trev is an empathetic one. I don't know Trev's situation apart from what I have read on here, I don't know how he feels each day, but I know how I did when I looked after my late wife dying from cancer just over 12 months ago. I don't want +1s for people feeling sorry for me, but having maybe tasted part of what Trev does each day I can tell you how much he will have appreciated not only the gesture from us Owls fans, but the ecape from all his troubles, if only for a few hours. It can honestly make a difference.

Don't be too hard on him BO2. That's all I would ask please.

well Belfast you have come out and said what the problem is and i respect  that , and here's my answer , the Megson game meant so much to me that i felt i had to give something back to the fans via the only way i can through my art work , this i did and many have had the benefit of the proceeds through people on here buying them and the smilefund being the recipient , now we get to the free tickets that upset you so much , i never asked for nor ever expected any favours from anyone if they choose to give i can't help that and that is the truth of it ,the manderich picture was not my idea the club asked for it and the alloted time to do it was not nearly enough but they liked the result ,i didn't  but there you go , now we get to people fauning over me , what a load of tosh people treat me as they see fit , but none of that matters

what does matter is my doing what i do for a good cause and if people like the end product then many will get free tickets , if that is so wrong in your eyes , well so be it

That is my last word on the matter either accept it for what it is or don't that is your choice, and as for me i don't care one way or the other ,i will do what i do until people who buy decide otherwise ,have a great evening

2 hours ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Funny as meningitis?

Not a very classy remark..

And it is just me making stupid comments.

And if you think I'm the worst poster than I'm not bothered.  

Could be one of the reasons the sites had a nasty tone recently.

I think you're jealous and that's pretty poor.

Been thinking about this for a while and which snapshot in time symbolises our club and its great history the most. I've thought of all the games suggested in this thread, the players through our history, the cha going stadium and so on....

For me there has been one constant throughout and that is the fans. Players, managers, board members and owners all come and go, and its a trend that will continue long into the future....but at the heart of the club is the supporters. 

Its easy to conjure up images of a full Hillsborough, but there are many fans who stuck by the club through some dark times as well. So how about an image, or series of images, that represents the people who make this club special.

In my mind I see the Victorian "gentleman" with his suit and flat cap, smoking a pipe. Maybe in front of him is his son waving a wooden rattle. A coal miner with the mining helmet and a steel worker with his welding mask lifted above his face both leaning on each other at the end of an hard shift with Wednesday scarves draped over their shoulders. The dad at the game with his son, the Grandad and granddaughter all in different style Wednesday shirts from over the years. A baby in their first owls kit. Maybe someone taking a selfie to represent the modern times.

There's probably a lot more you could add in....maybe the words "we're all Wednesday" or Hillsborough in the background, I dunno...just a thought.

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

Been thinking about this for a while and which snapshot in time symbolises our club and its great history the most. I've thought of all the games suggested in this thread, the players through our history, the cha going stadium and so on....

For me there has been one constant throughout and that is the fans. Players, managers, board members and owners all come and go, and its a trend that will continue long into the future....but at the heart of the club is the supporters. 

Its easy to conjure up images of a full Hillsborough, but there are many fans who stuck by the club through some dark times as well. So how about an image, or series of images, that represents the people who make this club special.

In my mind I see the Victorian "gentleman" with his suit and flat cap, smoking a pipe. Maybe in front of him is his son waving a wooden rattle. A coal miner with the mining helmet and a steel worker with his welding mask lifted above his face both leaning on each other at the end of an hard shift with Wednesday scarves draped over their shoulders. The dad at the game with his son, the Grandad and granddaughter all in different style Wednesday shirts from over the years. A baby in their first owls kit. Maybe someone taking a selfie to represent the modern times.

There's probably a lot more you could add in....maybe the words "we're all Wednesday" or Hillsborough in the background, I dunno...just a thought.

Think that could be the winner

14 hours ago, A12owl said:

My best memory is last year at wembley just after half time when 40000 Wednesdayites sang "on our way" for about 25 minutes. I have the singing on video and keep watching it to remind me of what a tremendous set of supporters we have. Unfortunately it wouldnt be possible to replicate it on a picture but what a fabulous experience. 

Post the video m8...brilliant....uto

3 hours ago, Miffed said:

and a very good thought if i may say so miffed