little competition folks,

5 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I've got it!

Mrs Costello was looking over my shoulder just now.

As I handed back the spliff, she said, " what about a lot of robot Wednesday players advancing on Bramhall lane burning everything in sight up with laser eye death rays while Colin looks on crying Pyrex tears?" I've told her to go to bed. I respect her so much that I had to put her idea forward.

lol:laugh:

hi mate i will give it another day or so to see what comes in , then leave it to your good selves to choose the winner ,the idea is to incorporate as much of our history as possible if you get my drift . 150 years is a lot to fill so need to be starting soon ,some great pics coming in and ideas ,methinks some type of collage would work best if people agree that is

16 minutes ago, trevdi9 said:

hi mate i will give it another day or so to see what comes in , then leave it to your good selves to choose the winner ,the idea is to incorporate as much of our history as possible if you get my drift . 150 years is a lot to fill so need to be starting soon ,some great pics coming in and ideas ,methinks some type of collage would work best if people agree that is

That sounds like it could be a bit chaotic - trying to find consensus on here is never simple! Ultimately, you might just have to pick your favourite from the suggestions?

Personally, I'd always go for a single striking image which captures the essence of something rather than a collage, as I find a collection of images tends to dilute their strength.

May I put a good word in for the player / crowd celebration scene (based on the Llera shot), as suggested by some bloke called areNOTwhatTHEYseem?

:stuwinky:

22 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That sounds like it could be a bit chaotic - trying to find consensus on here is never simple! Ultimately, you might just have to pick your favourite from the suggestions?

Personally, I'd always go for a single striking image which captures the essence of something rather than a collage, as I find a collection of images tends to dilute their strength.

May I put a good word in for the player / crowd celebration scene (based on the Llera shot), as suggested by some bloke called areNOTwhatTHEYseem?

:stuwinky:

haha you little tinker you , , if it does get chaotic and their is no agreement i will try to put together something that incorporates as much as i can to be fair , i do like your's though

My take on it is the picture should reflect the 150 years history of Sheffield Wednesday. Trev painting a picture of Waddle or Semedo amongst others reflects a moment in time of the club not the history of the club.

19 hours ago, darra said:

My take on it is the picture should reflect the 150 years history of Sheffield Wednesday. Trev painting a picture of Waddle or Semedo amongst others reflects a moment in time of the club not the history of the club.

i think that's a great idea darra

20 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Don't know what size your looking at Trev , perhaps an iconic image from each year in this sort of format.

Sonya-Winner-Circle-circles-round-floor-area-rug-6_1200x800.jpg

Like that idea but in your format that would mean poor auld Trev doing 150 paintings I reckon keep it to one for each decade. I'm sure 15 would be more doable in the time frame. I know that Trev takes around 2-3 months to do his paintings. Don't forget he does them in the rare spare time he gets.Them paintings around the edge would be bloody tiny and his eyes aren't as good as they used to be:biggrin:

Edited by darra

Sorry darra , not aware of Trevs circumstances.

Was thinking more of cigarette card style images of key players over the years around perimeters , then larger iconic images in the middle.

Then hopefully lifting the championship or play off final trophy in the centrepiece.

Just a thought that's all.