little competition folks,

43 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

Sorry darra , not aware of Trevs circumstances.

Was thinking more of cigarette card style images of key players over the years around perimeters , then larger iconic images in the middle.

Then hopefully lifting the championship or play off final trophy in the centrepiece.

Just a thought that's all.

No need to apologise mate it was a post in jest. Waiting for the come back when Trev sees it :biggrin: I think the frame you posted is a great idea. My idea for the middle was the club crest

2 minutes ago, darra said:

No need to apologise mate it was a post in jest. Waiting for the come back when Trev sees it :biggrin: I think the frame you posted is a great idea. My idea for the middle was the club crest

Nice one , or club crests through the years in the corner spaces.

It would be a big task tbh but i'm not frighten'd of trying ,trouble is of getting the features of the players right in such spaces ,saying that if its images  of the strips and snippets of say promotions and history stuff , it would be far easier to do  the paint i use is like oils in texture so fine art is very very hard to do ,i could use water colours but that presents problems of fading over time if anyone has the original and if say someone purchases that it wouldn't be fair for them to buy and it fade away , so i'm not against the idea but there are the pitfalls ,

6 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Sorry darra , not aware of Trevs circumstances.

Was thinking more of cigarette card style images of key players over the years around perimeters , then larger iconic images in the middle.

Then hopefully lifting the championship or play off final trophy in the centrepiece.

Just a thought that's all.

it's a great thought Daz and this is why i opened it up to posters for input,

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 12:24, trevdi9 said:

and a very good thought if i may say so miffed

well folks many thanks for taking part  and there have been great ideas from all of you , but the one that stands out for me is the posr from miffed where the essence of the 150 years

can be bought into the picture, that gives me scope to bring all our history together as one painting ,  but saying that i did say it was upto you to choose the winner so that's how it will be ,  miffed's idea is below,(as a footnote i think this idea will appeal to most of our supporters  as our past history is what our club is built on )

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 08:23, Miffed said:

Been thinking about this for a while and which snapshot in time symbolises our club and its great history the most. I've thought of all the games suggested in this thread, the players through our history, the cha going stadium and so on....

For me there has been one constant throughout and that is the fans. Players, managers, board members and owners all come and go, and its a trend that will continue long into the future....but at the heart of the club is the supporters. 

Its easy to conjure up images of a full Hillsborough, but there are many fans who stuck by the club through some dark times as well. So how about an image, or series of images, that represents the people who make this club special.

In my mind I see the Victorian "gentleman" with his suit and flat cap, smoking a pipe. Maybe in front of him is his son waving a wooden rattle. A coal miner with the mining helmet and a steel worker with his welding mask lifted above his face both leaning on each other at the end of an hard shift with Wednesday scarves draped over their shoulders. The dad at the game with his son, the Grandad and granddaughter all in different style Wednesday shirts from over the years. A baby in their first owls kit. Maybe someone taking a selfie to represent the modern times.

There's probably a lot more you could add in....maybe the words "we're all Wednesday" or Hillsborough in the background, I dunno...just a thought

My favourite picture over the last 50 or so years, is of the Wednesday players celebrating the equaliser in the draw at Brammall Lane, in front of Uniteds main stand.

It's my favourite picture for a couple of reasons

It showed the togetherness of the players

It was at our old ground

And you could clearly see Banch trying hard not to celebrate in the middle of Blunts

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

On 2/7/2017 at 15:20, trevdi9 said:

well folks many thanks for taking part  and there have been great ideas from all of you , but the one that stands out for me is the posr from miffed where the essence of the 150 years

can be bought into the picture, that gives me scope to bring all our history together as one painting ,  but saying that i did say it was upto you to choose the winner so that's how it will be ,  miffed's idea is below,(as a footnote i think this idea will appeal to most of our supporters  as our past history is what our club is built on )

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 08:23, Miffed said:

Been thinking about this for a while and which snapshot in time symbolises our club and its great history the most. I've thought of all the games suggested in this thread, the players through our history, the cha going stadium and so on....

For me there has been one constant throughout and that is the fans. Players, managers, board members and owners all come and go, and its a trend that will continue long into the future....but at the heart of the club is the supporters. 

Its easy to conjure up images of a full Hillsborough, but there are many fans who stuck by the club through some dark times as well. So how about an image, or series of images, that represents the people who make this club special.

In my mind I see the Victorian "gentleman" with his suit and flat cap, smoking a pipe. Maybe in front of him is his son waving a wooden rattle. A coal miner with the mining helmet and a steel worker with his welding mask lifted above his face both leaning on each other at the end of an hard shift with Wednesday scarves draped over their shoulders. The dad at the game with his son, the Grandad and granddaughter all in different style Wednesday shirts from over the years. A baby in their first owls kit. Maybe someone taking a selfie to represent the modern times.

There's probably a lot more you could add in....maybe the words "we're all Wednesday" or Hillsborough in the background, I dunno...just a thought

I would do the backs of those people that Miffed mentioned and show them looking up at the clock on the South Stand, that twiddley bit above it is quite iconic and has 1867 on it which is kind of the point. 

On 10/02/2017 at 18:16, Bobbob said:

I would do the backs of those people that Miffed mentioned and show them looking up at the clock on the South Stand, that twiddley bit above it is quite iconic and has 1867 on it which is kind of the point. 

Good call.

Or you could do them from the front. Generations of Wednesdayites with the South Stand gable in the sky above them.