Out of contract in the summer

58 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Total lack of ambition from him. He should have left last summer, could still play at league 1 level. But chose to sit here at Wednesday and take the money.

Not the sort of player we need anymore.

This has been negged at, but he is right in some respects for me, semedo could be playing regular football week in week out for someone in league 1 or abroad in a lower league, although I would like to see a man of his character as back room staff for the club if he so wishes to Persue that avenue.

Surely the bloke must want to play regular football though at his age before he's too old for it ?! 

46 minutes ago, Lee A said:

Wallace can stay for another year, purely because he's got the sort of thing he did on Saturday in his locker, never a bad option to have.

McManaman looks like he could be worth looking at, made a decent impression so far.

Sasso is worth keeping if we're still in the championship, more than good enough cover for this level but probably not if we go up

No more Semedo though, bit pointless now,

Erm, you mean you don't want to belittle his abilities just because he's a lovely "mascot" to have around cheering us on? Shame on you. Jose should wear the Ozzie Owl suit and get paid thousands to do it. He should also be a translator for any new Portuguese signing. He shouldn't play though, because he's rubbish.

Also, I think what you meant to say was Sasso is worth keeping because he's so fit.

9 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Why do we need a man who is not capable for our squad to be paid thousands to sit around?

People need to get over this love in for players.

Players do not care about the fans.

Or is it because you really want to see Ronaldo watch Wednesday, never going to happen. If it was, it would have been in the play off final.

Move on from the dead wood, he doesn't offer anything.

What has Ronaldo got to do with Semedo's continued employment with SWFC? You've been provided with numerous valid reasons for Semedo to still be on our books. You could have offered arguments against any of them, but you've chosen to argue against a ridiculous strawman instead.

You're entitled to your opinion that he doesn't have anything to offer, but you haven't offered anything to the discussion that alters mine.

18 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Why do we need a man who is not capable for our squad to be paid thousands to sit around?

People need to get over this love in for players.

Players do not care about the fans.

Or is it because you really want to see Ronaldo watch Wednesday, never going to happen. If it was, it would have been in the play off final.

Move on from the dead wood, he doesn't offer anything.

Have to agree with that part, he was pretty good when we were in league 1, but in truth he should have left 2, maybe 3 seasons ago

I can understand kids chucking hero worship at their favourite players but never understand why adults form such emotional attachments to footballers

They're paid to play football for the club, if they're not good enough to do that, then it's time to go.

4 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

Also, I think what you meant to say was Sasso is worth keeping because he's so fit.

It helps his cause enormously, hunkyness is an area we've been lacking in recent seasons, Fletcher has done nothing to improve that.

Edited by Lee A

11 minutes ago, meadowview owl said:

This has been negged at, but he is right in some respects for me, semedo could be playing regular football week in week out for someone in league 1 or abroad in a lower league, although I would like to see a man of his character as back room staff for the club if he so wishes to Persue that avenue.

Surely the bloke must want to play regular football though at his age before he's too old for it ?! 

If I had a choice between a vain hope I could squeeze my way into the team at SWFC and a place in the starting 11 at Port Vale, I'd pick the owls every time.

Mind you, I'd pick us over any team in the world so I'm probably not an appropriate yard stick.lol

59 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If he hasn't done the necessary courses I don't think he will be allowed to coach the academy or reserves or what ever. I have no idea if he has done them or not.

Do players on over £1M per year need someone for motivation?

I could do with somebody after reading this forum after a game  lol

6 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

What has Ronaldo got to do with Semedo's continued employment with SWFC? You've been provided with numerous valid reasons for Semedo to still be on our books. You could have offered arguments against any of them, but you've chosen to argue against a ridiculous strawman instead.

You're entitled to your opinion that he doesn't have anything to offer, but you haven't offered anything to the discussion that alters mine.

Especially when Ronaldo was probably busy with his own big game

4 minutes ago, Lee A said:

I can understand kids chucking hero worship at their favourite players but never understand why adults form such emotional attachments to footballers

It helps his cause enormously, hunkyness is an area we've been lacking in recent seasons, Fletcher has done nothing to improve that.

The players are central to every emotion we experience as fans. What's difficult to understand about that?

Whatever emotional attachments exist between fans and Semedo are, like his relationship with Ronaldo, completely irrelevant to whether or not he provides value for money. If he's offering something that benefits the team, why would we want to see the back of him?

8 minutes ago, Beswetherwick said:

Especially when Ronaldo was probably busy with his own big game

It would be pretty sweet for the kids (including some of the bigger ones) if Ronaldo popped by to model some brand name sportswear and give em a wave, but unless he's signing a contract my interest in a Ronaldo visit to SWFC is precisely zero.

1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

All these are out of contract at the end of the season so I would imagine we can free us some wages and get some dead wood off the books.

Lachman

Dielna

Sasso

Semedo

Wallace

Sougou 

McManaman and Buckley back to their parent clubs.

I'd give Wallace another year if we dont go up and i'd try for McManaman on a permanent but the rest have to go for me.

Agreed

If Carlos and the squad feel that Semedo does a good and useful job (albeit clearly not in the playing sense) then as a club, keeping him can only be a benefit.

What I can't understand is why Jose is happy with that. He knows he won't play but doesn't seem to mind. It's great that he cares some much for the club but he's 32 and should be out there for another 4-5 years playing the game he loves at a high level of football (league one or two). I can't help but think that once he retires he'll regret not playing as much football as he could have. He's got ample time on his side for coaching and he'll always be welcome back to Hillsborough in some form of capacity.

There was a debate on talk sport last week about John Terry refusing a loan move for 4-5 months and he took an absolutely battering for having no ambition and desire to go and play first team football.

59 minutes ago, meadowview owl said:

Don't worry, I get a lot of sensitive posters react to me. Bless them.

51 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

I wanted to put a moronic response to come down to your level.

Semedo <3

2 hours ago, Adam1867 said:

Wouldn't keep any.

If Wallace hadn't just scored on Saturday, I think most of you would get rid.

Can no longer carry players who have one good game out of 5.

All the rest of the players In the list are deadwood and rightly will and should go.

Wallace always makes a difference when he comes on - he's direct and one of the few players who actually drives of forward and has a bit of bite - its strange how some fans see some players :duntmatter:

5 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Wallace always makes a difference when he comes on - he's direct and one of the few players who actually drives of forward and has a bit of bite - its strange how some fans see some players :duntmatter:

I like Wallace.

But he is getting on now, and we can probably buy better.

Once Mcmanaman gets up to speed. I can see him and Reach on the wings. Which would then make Wallace a sub player, and I feel that every year you need to improve your bench.