Out of contract in the summer

Sasso deserves better. He is a good versatile defender, who came back to us, even knowing he would not be a regular. He is a good professional and can easily play at Championship level and I would trust him should the need arise to cover a number of games because of injury. Because of his versatility, it enables CC to have more attacking options on the bench. Sasso is worth his wages to us.

5 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Cart before horse. He's a legend for the same reasons he's worth keeping at the club - especially if, as suggested by his manager (head coach, whatever) he's a hugely influential figure in terms of motivation and team spirit.

If he hasn't done the necessary courses I don't think he will be allowed to coach the academy or reserves or what ever. I have no idea if he has done them or not.

Do players on over £1M per year need someone for motivation?

Wallace can stay for another year, purely because he's got the sort of thing he did on Saturday in his locker, never a bad option to have.

McManaman looks like he could be worth looking at, made a decent impression so far.

Sasso is worth keeping if we're still in the championship, more than good enough cover for this level but probably not if we go up

No more Semedo though, bit pointless now,

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If he hasn't done the necessary courses I don't think he will be allowed to coach the academy or reserves or what ever. I have no idea if he has done them or not.

Do players on over £1M per year need someone for motivation?

If they don't, there's been a ton of money wasted on Sports Psychologists over the years.

Motivation is a huge part of sport and football is no exception. If you won't take my word for it, just ask Big Ron about his preparation for the Rumbelows Cup final.

26 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I watched Sougou twice once away at Leeds and one away at MK Dons.

In both games he looked like he had never played football before. Carlos must share this view with his lack of game time.

We all have mates that cannot play football, but there is still a chance they could score a goal in a sunday league game. Doesn't make them any good.

In fairness at MK Dons away we looked like a pub side. Alex Lopez in particular looked like a bloke dragged in off the street.

3 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

In fairness at MK Dons away we looked like a pub side. Alex Lopez in particular looked like a bloke dragged in off the street.

that was just a drab of a performance all round, I don't get too many games but that was as flat I'd seen us in a long time, and it rubbed off on the crowd too.

45 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Total lack of ambition from him. He should have left last summer, could still play at league 1 level. But chose to sit here at Wednesday and take the money.

Not the sort of player we need anymore.

Does reyt, paid thousands for doing newt, wish I could get a job like that

10 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

If they don't, there's been a ton of money wasted on Sports Psychologists over the years.

Motivation is a huge part of sport and football is no exception. If you won't take my word for it, just ask Big Ron about his preparation for the Rumbelows Cup final.

Moreover Semedo is a current/recent player who worked his way up from nowhere through academies to achieve a career in the game, as opposed to a stuffed shirt with a background in sport science. He's written a book on sorting your attitude to support your on-field life in the modern game, and he has a close personal relationship with probably the most insanely driven and motivated player in the sport. Finally, he's Portuguese, which doubtless Carlos saw as valuable for some of the newer foreign lads (and I'd assume we'll keep looking to Portugal for good deals on promising young talents whilst ever CC and his staff are here). I hope he stays although it might make sense to move him on to a backroom contract next year.

Sasso wants more game time, he's already admitted it's frustrating having to wait as long as he does. I think we'd do well to keep him personally - and you're certainly not going to hang on to loads better backup than him without having to give them a run out every couple of games, unless they're really only in it for the wage.

1 minute ago, Mr. Tom said:

Moreover Semedo is a current/recent player who worked his way up from nowhere through academies to achieve a career in the game, as opposed to a stuffed shirt with a background in sport science. He's written a book on sorting your attitude to support your on-field life in the modern game, and he has a close personal relationship with probably the most insanely driven and motivated player in the sport. Finally, he's Portuguese, which doubtless Carlos saw as valuable for some of the newer foreign lads (and I'd assume we'll keep looking to Portugal for good deals on promising young talents whilst ever CC and his staff are here). I hope he stays although it might make sense to move him on to a backroom contract next year.

Exactly this.

Semedo as an asset brings so much more to the club than his defensive prowess, and I'm certain that DC and CC alike recognise his value.

Guest RocketOwl
24 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

This is true.

45 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

I think that's a huge disservice to the man. His contributions behind the scenes are lauded by staff and players alike, including Carlos.

What's more ambitious? A swansong season in the pub league or being part of creating something special at the club you've run through walls for?

Why do we need a man who is not capable for our squad to be paid thousands to sit around?

People need to get over this love in for players.

Players do not care about the fans.

Or is it because you really want to see Ronaldo watch Wednesday, never going to happen. If it was, it would have been in the play off final.

Move on from the dead wood, he doesn't offer anything.

Sasso defintely, a good player. Important to have quality reserves especially given loovens is getting on a bit, but also to keep the first team on their toes. Knowing you have quality in the squad means you really need to play well to keep your place.