Conor Hourihane

3 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

It just doesn`t happen of clubs accepting one offer and declining the other if they are both offering the same.

Yes it does, all the time.

SWFC signing their leading goalscorer and then the fans reaction to it would have stopped any chances of us having an offer accepted.

I explained earlier, they would have had a decision to make if Villa didn't come in, SWFC or free in the summer.

Villa coming in made it easy for them.

If we desperately wanted Hourihane we could have gone in with a crazy offer, double or triple the Villa offer, they still don't have to accept it.

Guest mrbluesky
18 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Yes it does, all the time.

SWFC signing their leading goalscorer and then the fans reaction to it would have stopped any chances of us having an offer accepted.

I explained earlier, they would have had a decision to make if Villa didn't come in, SWFC or free in the summer.

Villa coming in made it easy for them.

If we desperately wanted Hourihane we could have gone in with a crazy offer, double or triple the Villa offer, they still don't have to accept it.

Name one,all the time? 

You are listening to much to the over hyped frenzy on here.

Like I say the truth will out,if I`m wrong I`ll hold my hand up but to say it happens all the time is total nonsense and poor business practice. 

2 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

No I agree that we do need one. The point I was trying to make is that given the number we have got (7 now Melo has gone) should mean we have adequate cover.

In an ideal world yes, maybe covering the Lee injury for a few weeks would be ok, for the rest of the season we should get someone in.

We wouldn't want to be bringing in Semedo for a promotion push, sad but true.

Now if all 7 midfield players were of similar quality then it wouldn't matter but that simply doesn't happen.

Guest mrbluesky
23 minutes ago, Owling said:

Going back a few years here, remember pigs selling Deane to Weeds for less than we'd offered.

Deane chose Weeds, no surprise.

4 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Name one,all the time? 

You are listening to much to the over hyped frenzy on here.

Like I say the truth will out,if I`m wrong I`ll hold my hand up but to say it happens all the time is total nonsense and poor business practice. 

Im not listening to anyone on here, do you think every transfer offer is made public?

The truth won't come out, its none of our business.

I know for a fact that clubs refuse offers for players due to rivalries, whether thats local or league position.

However, its case by case, depends on the selling club.

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Im not listening to anyone on here, do you think every transfer offer is made public?

The truth won't come out, its none of our business.

I know for a fact that clubs refuse offers for players due to rivalries, whether thats local or league position.

However, its case by case, depends on the selling club.

So by your logic CC will say...?

1 hour ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

I understand what you are saying mate, it sounds like there was quite a bit of interest but it was only us and Villa who made an acceptable offer.

Its quite clear that Barnsley did not want to sell to us again, therefore we didn't get the opportunity to discuss terms with the player. I don't blame them.

We also need to accept that Villa are an attractive option for any Championship player, we need to look beyond just this season, if he signs a 4 year contract i quite fancy his chances at being a Premier League player and all that comes with it for a couple of those seasons.

The parachute payments mean automatically Villa have a better chance at getting back to the Premier League than teams without it.

I agree totally about Villa and why they'd be an attractive option for any player at this level. I thought as much as soon as they were mentioned. But if we offered the same as or more than Villa but they rejected it or even refused to give an acceptable price, it looks awfully parochial from them and short sighted as they never know what's around the corner. They'd have known he'd prefer Villa anyway. 

I'd be surprised if we didn't sound his agent out at some point and realised that he wanted to go to Villa. Villa have seemingly spoken to him before finalising the fee/add ons like we did with Winnall.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Only 105 pages ? 

Has he signed yet ?

havent seen anything is he playing today ?

IF these ITK twitter people attached to villa are right saying he's had a medical and agreed price and terms you'd think not 

be glad when it's decided  because if not him we need someone