Conor Hourihane

1 minute ago, S_W_F_C said:

The minute winnall signed and CH didn't this thread could have been closed.

I don't blame Barnsley one bit to be honest, they have to think of their owns fans to a certain extent.

If it is true that they wouldn't even entertain a bid, I think they have shown themselves up and potentially burnt a bridge or two. There's the fans and then there's business. No happy scenario for the fans here. But if Villa were prepared to pay more in any case, fair enough. 

Edited by Bluesteel

Guest wilyfox
Just now, S_W_F_C said:

I suspect we'd have been in their with a fighting chance on wages of Barnsley had been prepared to deal with us.

I don't buy that. If Conor signs for Villa, he's chosen Villa. Barnsley aren't in a position to dictate where he goes. 

Guest mrbluesky
8 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

I suspect we'd have been in their with a fighting chance on wages of Barnsley had been prepared to deal with us.

Just can`t see this being true at all, if he spoke to Villa he will have spoke to us(or his agent), I`ve never heard of a player being stopped from signing `because of what`s gone off ` just doesn`t happen,it`s all about money nothing else,makes me laugh the amount of people that think that it`s been done out of spite.

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don't buy that. If Conor signs for Villa, he's chosen Villa. Barnsley aren't in a position to dictate where he goes. 

If they don't accept an offer we can't talk wages. If they said you can leave to go to anyone but that club, which is what Patrick clyne said, he's going to speak with villa instead. Now does he take an extra half a mill in wages between now and end of season playing for villa or does he stay at Barnsley on 7 grand a week hoping we go back in summer? Ci thi tarn n Wednesday I'm off to villa nar