NEW SWFC SIGNING - Morgan Fox (official)

9 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Well... Wiggins was Wiggins, Fox is Fox. If we do sign him don't write him off, he will be an owl. We can't just sign 5 million pound players willy nilly. 

Totally agree. Admittedly all I know about Fox is what I read on the Charlton board when we signed Wiggins - which was along the lines of "Wiggins is 3rd choice lb anyway and we have Morgan Fox now". I would be interested to hear from any owls who have seen Fox play, as the general negativity seems to be based on Wiggins not being successful, therefore Fox will be the same. 

Let's face it when Antonio left us I don't think many of us would have told Forest fans he would end up being a main player in the premier league, wanted by Chelsea and with England call ups.

Signing for a bigger and better club may have a positive effect on Fox.  Let's wait and see 

9 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Its not the lad I'm having a go at it's the management 

We've signed 4 left backs since Carlos has been here, 5 if you include Reach.

If we had millions to work with then fine but were just edging closer and closer to FFP sanctions  with shirt fillers. Madness

That wasn't specifically aimed at you mate, Surely this time we've got it right though?

1 minute ago, well endowed owl said:

Has Abdi been given a chance in his favoured position?

well not enough imo - but then again I'd have tried to fit in McGugan as well 

I was just trying and failing to make the point that it's what someone does for us that counts not a reputation in a game or glimpses on Motd

as I said abdi will come good 'i'm absolutely sure '

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Let's face it when Antonio left us I don't think many of us would have told Forest fans he would end up being a main player in the premier league, wanted by Chelsea and with England call ups.

Signing for a bigger and better club may have a positive effect on Fox.  Let's wait and see 

I would and did 

I was furious we let a talent go  not surprised at all he's going to get better imo as well 

2 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

I bet you've never even seen him play

i hold my hands up, no, but there's a limit to how many players you can actually watch, i have been through the forums and there's a lot, they all say the same thing. He's a trier and takes a lot of stick, but he's slow, his positioning is terrible and at times all over the place, besides other things. That came from a lot of Charlton fans, if we sign yet another left back then the proof of the pudding will be in the eating. i will be the first to hold my hands up if he becomes a superstar, but he aint signed yet, all rumours.