Conor hourinane

I was expecting more from him when he came to Hillsborough before Christmas. He seemed a tall imposing CM but I didn't see him take control of the midfield at all. I know he's had a good season though with Barnsley, just can't gauge anything from what I saw recently as it's the only time I've seen him play.

Just now, Babushka1867 said:

I was expecting more from him when he came to Hillsborough before Christmas. He seemed a tall imposing CM but I didn't see him take control of the midfield at all. I know he's had a good season though with Barnsley, just can't gauge anything from what I saw recently as it's the only time I've seen him play.

Me too. But in the end he was too busy chasing the ref around lipping. 

Also Hutch gave him a good whack.

Was certainly expecting to see a bit more. Especially as they were the better side,

Here's what The Guardian has to say...

Sunderland and Middlesbrough desperately need to create more chances. Boro are bottom of the league for key passes per game (6.4), with Sunderland almost as bad (6.8). It may pay to look down in order to look up in this instance, and with Barnsley captain Conor Hourihane’s contract up in the summer, he’ll be on the radar of clubs with tighter budgets this month.

The Irishman has registered at least four more assists than any other player in the Championship (11) and his stunning winner against Nottingham Forest on Monday was his fifth goal of the season. His delivery from both set pieces and open play is exceptional and his vision to pick out the intelligent movement of strikers would benefit Jermain Defoe. Given that he also ranks second in the Championship for tackles (72), it’s clear he doesn’t shirk a battle – and there will be plenty of those for both Sunderland and Middlesbrough between now and the end of the season.

620.jpg

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

OMFG Howling

4 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Cringeworthy, like something the Pigs would do lol

On 03/01/2017 at 17:21, offalyowl said:

I don't have time to do that cause I work and don't have time to stay on it and read all the replies on that so I just started the thread 

Thanks for starting the thread, it broke up the monotony of Rhodes/sh*t support/sh*t atmosphere on here.

Hate the snobbery on here about starting threads. Does it really affect people that much that they have to put people down for doing it? Just scroll past if you don't like it.

Megathreads are very cliquey and this site suffers from the same as all threads/comments these days which has come about through social media, namely FB.

People are that lazy that they can't even be bothered to look through previous comments to add their opinion nevermind trawling through pages of threads to do so.

It is what it is and those thinking they "own the place" should fuckoff.

Re. this fella, looks like a good un and we maybe should adopt the tactics of others in this division by buying the best players from the closest, poorest challengers.

I myself don't get much time to post and read things on here but had plenty of free time today.

Wasted far too long reading the majority of the transfer mega thread. It was mainly studentowl and a couple of other comparing Rhodes and Hooper for at least a dozen pages, or student owl saying I told you so about a player who went elsewhere. 

I'm not a fan of numerous threads like this one, but at the moment it feels like starting a new thread seems the only sensible way of talking about other teams players. It especially makes sense when the player in question is local, who are soon to be out of contract and more than likely will be available for transfer within our budget. 

Far too many people on their high horse lately that either think they run the site or speak for all Wednesday fans.

Hopefully get this one over the line too.

Could do with his assists and free kicks.

Reminds me of when we were linked with Judge, cos at that time he was like the highest assist maker in the division too. A pity that we couldn't get him in at the time, sadly he got injured. But Hourihane, looking at his assists and goals from midfield would be a very good signing.

Edited by Milan Missing Marble