Conor hourinane

5 goals and 12 assists by January is an impressive statistic for a midfielder, to be honest. Plus he's still only 25, so he's got plenty of time to improve further still.

I've not see a lot of him - would he suit Carlos' style of play? One thing that does work in his favour is that he doesn't seem shy of a shot from distance, which would be nice to reintroduce to our team!

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

5 goals and 12 assists by January is an impressive statistic for a midfielder, to be honest. Plus he's still only 25, so he's got plenty of time to improve further still.

I've not see a lot of him - would he suit Carlos' style of play? One thing that does work in his favour is that he doesn't seem shy of a shot from distance, which would be nice to reintroduce to our team!

It's not the players though. It's the system and pattern of forcing players into positions they're not suited to. 

CH would be a good signing I think, as long as he was played in the correct position.

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I appreciate you may not have time, but far more people will do as I've done and be annoyed you've created it in the first place and clogged up Matchday than actually engage in the conversation. I wouldn't worry about you not having enough time to reading the responses to this thread, you'll be lucky if it gets over a page. I promise, you'll get a much more positive response and more likely to create discussion if this goes in the megathread... it's nowt against you, just how it is. People don't want to come on Matchday and see 15 threads on the first page about 15 different non-Wednesday players and why we should sign them.

Anyway, last I'll say on the topic, I don't wanna keep bumping this up. If other people including yourself want to discuss it feel free... but I'd be surprised if you get more than half a dozen responses that try and discuss Hourihane

I never read the mega threads and I've got all flipping day

They are tediously boring in the extreme and should be culled after ten pages

5 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It's not the players though. It's the system and pattern of forcing players into positions they're not suited to. 

CH would be a good signing I think, as long as he was played in the correct position.

I'm fairly sure Carlos isn't telling Ross Wallace not to let fly from distance just like he did last season!

5 minutes ago, Chilli said:

I've heard a rumour (yes, I know!!) that we're in for both Hourihan and Winnall, as both are apparently at the end of their contracts this year. Whether either or both actually pan out, well only time will tell.

I think Barnsley would rather take their chances and see if they can make the playoffs than sell now for a few million but lets see.

Also there would be plenty of competition. From prem clubs as well as champ.

39 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think Barnsley would rather take their chances and see if they can make the playoffs than sell now for a few million but lets see.

I don't disagree pal but my "source", who has called a few signings correctly over the past few years, seemed to be pretty sure there was a good chance of both of these happening. As we said, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Chilli said:

I don't disagree pal but my "source", who has called a few signings correctly over the past few years, seemed to be pretty sure there was a good chance of both of these happening. As we said, we'll see.

Chilli's source? 

2 minutes ago, Chilli said:

Cheers fella.

Always good to see a few rumours on here, regardless of whether they turn out to be genuine.

It would be great we bagged the pair.

45 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It's a big risk though, isn't it? He could walk away for nothing in six months' time, or they could accept a tidy fee for him now and look to reinvest it.

It will be interesting to see what happens if someone puts in a decent bid for him during this window.