30,549 ??

2 minutes ago, ANDY said:

There are pertinent questions that definitely need answering. 

Do do we know what steps (if any) the club are taking to address the issues ? 

You might have missed my earlier post Andy (see the last page). This is my concern about taking on SAG since logic dictates that the club must already be doing so.

As someone else has said, this is surely one to raise at the next fans forum.

10 minutes ago, Grandad said:

It's a committee put together by the City Council consisting of

o Head of Licensing or deputy (Chair)
o Stadium Management / Safety Officer
o South Yorkshire Police
o South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue
o Yorkshire Ambulance Service
o City Council Building Standards
o City Council Health Protection Service
o and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority is invited to observe / advise

That is all you need to know.

A COMMITTEE put together by the CITY COUNCIL.

The words committee and city council used in the same breath tells you exactly where these talking shop, superannuated, over paid, can't get sacked, quango cretins are coming from.

And who are the leading lights in this selection of non entities, Yep you've guessed it, the very same lowlife's who have dragged our name through the mud since the 'disaster'. 

The protectors for 15 years of the mass rapists of Rotherham's under age children.

The force who's Chief constable Med Hughes equated the severity of the crime of speeding to that of murder, only for him to be charged with speeding himself a few months later. 

The very same people who tipped off the BBC that they were about to raid Cliff Richard's home only for all the charges to be dropped a few months later.

Yep. I give you the our gallant protectors that allow you to sleep safe in your beds.

The one, the only SYP.

Combine them with Sheffield Council, that possibly have done the most damage to any City during the last 30 years and we wonder why their joint decisions are wholly and totally incomprehensible.

Questions need to be asked, and more pertinently, followed up with answers. Not wishy washy, politically correct, general answers, but specific answers to specific questions.

SWFC have been the whipping boys covering SYPs arse since the disaster. Today was a total farce with regard to the 'distribution' of fans and it undoubtedly cost us money. 

I said in another thread it needs sorting and it does, sharpish.

3 minutes ago, RedSoxOwl said:

Things have surely got to come to a head after today. That was absolutely disgusting- 10k empty seats when we had demand for more. I've just got a horrible feeling they're doing all of this to force us out of Hillsborough.

I said the same thing in another thread the other day. Its either that or they are trying to force us to demolish the West Stand and rebuild a modern one that meets their demands. 

I can think of no other reason why we have to suffer like this and have to beg these muppets for permission to sell tickets in our OWN stadium. 

if this is about capacity, or number of persons in the stadium at any one time then surely the Wycombe game is the model?

I don't understand what has materially changed  for this not to remain in place.

If violent disorder is a concern perhaps colleagues in Manchester or Glasgow can advise what convinces them that a three seat gap and standing steward is all that is needed to separate the support.

Someone is operating beyond their terms of reference with impunity....and it's not the club.

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

The words committee and city council used in the same breath tells you exactly where these talking shop, superannuated, over paid, can't get sacked, quango cretins are coming from.

And who are the leading lights in this selection of non entities, Yep you've guessed it, the very same lowlife's who have dragged our name through the mud since the 'disaster'. 

The protectors for 15 years of the mass rapists of Rotherham's under age children.

The force who's Chief constable Med Hughes equated the severity of the crime of speeding to that of murder, only for him to be charged with speeding himself a few months later. 

The very same people who tipped off the BBC that they were about to raid Cliff Richard's home only for all the charges to be dropped a few months later.

Yep. I give you the our gallant protectors that allow you to sleep safe in your beds.

The one, the only SYP.

Combine them with Sheffield Council, that possibly have done the most damage to any City during the last 30 years and we wonder why their joint decisions are wholly and totally incomprehensible.

Questions need to be asked, and more pertinently, followed up with answers. Not wishy washy, politically correct, general answers, but specific answers to specific questions.

SWFC have been the whipping boys covering SYPs arse since the disaster. Today was a total farce with regard to the 'distribution' of fans and it undoubtedly cost us money. 

Couldnt have put it better myself 

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

You might have missed my earlier post Andy (see the last page). This is my concern about taking on SAG since logic dictates that the club must already be doing so.

As someone else has said, this is surely one to raise at the next fans forum.

I did see it mate. Also had a look through the minutes that you posted. I was expecting to see heavily redacted documents like some CIA rendition papers. 

It it does seem that some important decisions are being made once the minutes book is closed and they're patting each other on the back while having a cigar and a brandy. 

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

The one, the only SYP.

Wish I could + this a hundred times

Absolutely spot on pal

4 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

The one, the only SYP.

Fantastic post sir.

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Couldnt have put it better myself 

God, posts like this remind me just how much I resent SYP. 

Edit: was supposed to have quoted the original amazing post you quoted mate so sorry about that. 

Edited by Rayman
Quoted wrong post.

1 minute ago, ANDY said:

I did see it mate. Also had a look through the minutes that you posted. I was expecting to see heavily redacted documents like some CIA rendition papers. 

It it does seem that some important decisions are being made once the minutes book is closed and they're patting each other on the back while having a cigar and a brandy. 

They run it and make decisions like some Politburo committee.

Completely beyond questioning or come back.

Their decision is final and no one seemingly is allowed to ask 'how & why'.

This is exactly the same situation that allowed them to be above reproach in the Rotherham disgrace. The only difference being this is business and that was young people's lives ruined.

I get the impression that Council affairs and SYP for that matter, are so 'rubber stamped' with 100% agreement, that they are completely oblivious to any thought of having to explain any decisions to morons like us.

They make the decisions, in their world we should be grateful.

Ask yourself what you'd think as Chairman sat there today looking at the empty seats, having told your own fans/customers over a week ago that you couldn't take their money because it's 'sold out'.

If this doesn't get the owners to mobilise then I suspect they have already made a decision to move, or they have had assurances from this group that all this nonsense will be resolved when the West Stand is re-built.

22 minutes ago, Animis said:

Ask yourself what you'd think as Chairman sat there today looking at the empty seats, having told your own fans/customers over a week ago that you couldn't take their money because it's 'sold out'.

If this doesn't get the owners to mobilise then I suspect they have already made a decision to move, or they have had assurances from this group that all this nonsense will be resolved when the West Stand is re-built.

Makes you wonder!

Or do you think it may be that if they make a fuss the retribution could be worse?

I wouldn't expect any definitive 'assurances' from this lot and even if the West Stand WAS rebuilt how does this impact and justify the seats left empty in the North & South? 

1 minute ago, bigthinrob said:

Makes you wonder!

Or do you think it may be that if they make a fuss the retribution could be worse?

I wouldn't expect any definitive 'assurances' from this lot and even if the West Stand WAS rebuilt how does this impact and justify the seats left empty in the North & South? 

That's a possibility, but this is a new regime and from a different culture - I can't imagine they'd take likely to some council bloke stopping them earning money?