30,549 ??

52 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

That is all you need to know.

A COMMITTEE put together by the CITY COUNCIL.

The words committee and city council used in the same breath tells you exactly where these talking shop, superannuated, over paid, can't get sacked, quango cretins are coming from.

And who are the leading lights in this selection of non entities, Yep you've guessed it, the very same lowlife's who have dragged our name through the mud since the 'disaster'. 

The protectors for 15 years of the mass rapists of Rotherham's under age children.

The force who's Chief constable Med Hughes equated the severity of the crime of speeding to that of murder, only for him to be charged with speeding himself a few months later. 

The very same people who tipped off the BBC that they were about to raid Cliff Richard's home only for all the charges to be dropped a few months later.

Yep. I give you the our gallant protectors that allow you to sleep safe in your beds.

The one, the only SYP.

Combine them with Sheffield Council, that possibly have done the most damage to any City during the last 30 years and we wonder why their joint decisions are wholly and totally incomprehensible.

Questions need to be asked, and more pertinently, followed up with answers. Not wishy washy, politically correct, general answers, but specific answers to specific questions.

SWFC have been the whipping boys covering SYPs arse since the disaster. Today was a total farce with regard to the 'distribution' of fans and it undoubtedly cost us money. 

I said in another thread it needs sorting and it does, sharpish.

Don't forget this too...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/nov/28/sheffield-trees-dispute-scenes-putin-russia-nick-clegg-arrests

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

That's a possibility, but this is a new regime and from a different culture - I can't imagine they'd take likely to some council bloke stopping them earning money?

I was under the impression that despite being an "advisory" group the SAG has the power to revoke safety certificates if the club doesn't do as it's told.

So, seemingly, they are all powerful without any accountability whatsoever for the decisions that they take.

No idea how this works in other parts of the country.

Sat by the South stand netting. Steward didn't know why either!! Nice to hear they brief them on their area of the stadium. 400 seats = 8k @ an average of £20 a seat. What a waste. Give them away to kids sports groups - they won't try to attack the away fans unless we insist on them donning Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costumes perhaps....

20170102_160456.jpg

1 minute ago, The Regulator said:

I was under the impression that despite being an "advisory" group the SAG has the power to revoke safety certificates if the club doesn't do as it's told.

So, seemingly, they are all powerful without any accountability whatsoever for the decisions that they take.

No idea how this works in other parts of the country.

I think SAG operates under the same guidance across the country, in line with H&S procedures and hierarchy - it's how it's interpreted, which seems to be the issue at Hillsborough.

15 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

Be interesting what they do when Newcastle are in town, especially as they would sell out the whole Lepp anyway

This was Newcastle at Blackburn today. 6850 of them. I'm assuming the photo was taken from a stand of Blackburn fans, from a position equivalent to the netted off block of our South Stand. So nothing more than a couple of rows of seats segregating home fans from away fans yet we have a netted off area separating home fans from home fans.

Same rules applied in completely different ways. Bizarre doesn't come close.

IMG_0301.JPG

Edited by The Regulator

1 hour ago, horny owl said:

Serious questions have got to be asked as to why we have to put up with this

NO other club has these prohibitive systems in place

Even Bramall Lane in the same city doesn't have to conform to these ridiculous rules and regulations

Sheff Utd also have un necessary over excessive netting BUT not to the extent of Hillsboro.

Netting is put on both bottom corners of the south stand and family stand opposite 

and also netttig on both ends of the away end bottom tier and also the away end upper tier.

The Sheff Utd v Spurs semi final was a total sell out (including partial view seats) a few days before the match.

Official attendance was 30,236.

Official stadium capacity 32,709

Seats netted off approx 2,500.

Its NOT a bowl, like at many other clubs.

Away fans are in seperate stands so why the ultra cautious approach? Makes no sense.

Edited by sheffsteel

Guest Deleted member

One thing that has changed since last season and the Arsenal/Brighton games is that our Stadium Manager has resigned and there's a new one in place.

He sits on the committee.

Maybe the SAG isn't the issue, given that the evidence suggests that recently they have allowed many more. Maybe it's the stadium manager that's insisting on these seats netting off to separate  Owls fans from Owls fans... I'd like to know the answer to that Mr Regulator 

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

There you go, bloody laughable.

IMG_6677.JPG

Thats a joke. This never happened in the past so what's changed that needs it now. 

17 minutes ago, Grandad said:

One thing that has changed since last season and the Arsenal/Brighton games is that our Stadium Manager has resigned and there's a new one in place.

Maybe the SAG isn't the issue, given that the evidence suggests that recently they have allowed many more. Maybe it's the stadium manager that's insisting on these seats netting off to separate  Owls fans from Owls fans... I'd like to know the answer to that Mr Regulator 

Ooohhhh

the thlot pickens 

16 minutes ago, Grandad said:

But surely if you were the chairman and your new stadium manager was costing you thousands in lost revenue by closing down sections of the stadium you'd sack him on the spot.

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

But surely if you were the chairman and your new stadium manager was costing you thousands in lost revenue by closing down sections of the stadium you'd sack him on the spot.

Though it does suggest that there was a bit of "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" about the previous stadium manager's decision to resign.

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

There you go, bloody laughable.

IMG_6677.JPG

So the south stand block is netted off because it's too close to the away fans I assume?  Yet we can have home fans even nearer than that in the lower lep. It defies logic. Either is too dangerous having fans that close or its not?  If it is then why allow fans in the lower lepp. If it isn't then why net the south stand section? 

Apparently it's nothing to do with proximity to away fans. It's the concourses and also how quickly we can leg it if there's a fire.

Fires must have got more dangerous over the years and amazingly the concourses have shrunk defying all the laws of physics 

6 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I would expect that each question about which section fenced off needs to be properly assessed against the criteria/guidelines then agreed. This what I can't understand, as at face value, and from recent history, it seems disproportionate when viewed against other grounds. 

The constant announcements about home fans exiting the south stand perhaps reflect that concessions had been made by SAG when 'allowing' the 1000 lower west tickets.