Carlos - FF comments

Guest Copthorneowl
8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

As a club we have now entered new (old) territory and with good players with big heads come problems we haven't really had to deal with for a long time.

If FF suddenly finds his form again and his sole motivation is a move in January than we have to take what he gives us, hope that it improves our results (which are by no means terrible) and then sell the little fecker for as much as possible and replace him with the best that the money received can get us.

No room for sentiment with badge kissing mercanaries if unfortunately that's how it ends.

I think we'll win on Saturday!

Agree with a lot of what you say. However as regards "and sell the little fecker for as much as possible replace with the best the money received can get  us"  is not at all likely to be possible. Let's say we get 5/6/7/8 million we can only replace with somebody who can fit into our own wage structure others keep saying this but I don't think it's remotely feasible. Paying big dosh to this years new signings (Fletcher) started the dressing room unrest and put FF into a tail spin.

DC won't want that again.

This is where I fear we are stymied and that our best scenario is a fully reintegrated Forestiero. I'd be prepared to agree with a lot of fans if he doesn't want to be here then he's no good to us be we absolutely don't know that for sure.

Guest BRADFIELDOWLS

But we don't really know all what's gone off so let's not clobber our best player - by a mile.

Remember  Tommo, Cantona, Di Canio ,  Vardy et al. We just don't have enough quality currently to drive another top player  away. 

It doesn't end well.

And no one has yet come up with a reasonable reason why FF hasn't had a juicy contract extension like others, including Carlos.

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Agree with a lot of what you say. However as regards "and sell the little fecker for as much as possible replace with the best the money received can get  us"  is not at all likely to be possible. Let's say we get 5/6/7/8 million we can only replace with somebody who can fit into our own wage structure others keep saying this but I don't think it's remotely feasible. Paying big dosh to this years new signings (Fletcher) started the dressing room unrest and put FF into a tail spin.

This is where I fear we are stymied and that our best scenario is a fully reintegrated Forestiero. I'd be prepared to agree with a lot of fans if he doesn't want to be here then he's no good to us be we absolutely don't know that for sure.

Don't mean to be contradictory. Other clubs seem to integrate high earners without much apparent problem.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

hutch ......

Well torry respect your opinion. Love the guy best attitude of any player at he club (also said FF was best player in Champ) but don't believe even he would agree with you mate. 

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Don't mean to be contradictory. Other clubs seem to integrate high earners without much apparent problem.

Matey you're not being contradictory.

The point I'm making you clearly understand obviously,  but as I've said several times bigger clubs with experienced owners /chairman, (I fully respect and admire DC) know about the knock on effects of contract situations and also have established pecking orders for players what happens with the likes of Rooney, Ronaldo also to a lesser extent happen in lower down leagues as well.

Bring players in to a successful club on higher wages and it will kick off as it did. I know FF was mightily wrong in what he did but ask any supporter prior to the first game of the season if they would sanction a pay rise for Nando or risk losing him I'm willing to bet everyone would have said up his wages - unfortunately now it's too late cos no way will DC lose face.

My worry is we won't replace him however much dosh we get but the bank balance wifi improve

20 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

I agree totally and really hope he returns to form and gets that "part of something" feeling again which we had last year,  fans included.

I should have also said that in a way you can't blame players for thinking very short term when a lot of our fans think the very same way.

We need a few wins and a bit more patience all round for now and we'll all feel a lot better.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I agree totally and really hope he returns to form and gets that "part of something" feeling again which we had last year,  fans included.

I should have also said that in a way you can't blame players for thinking very short term when a lot of our fans think the very same way.

We need a few wins and a bit more patience all round for now and we'll all feel a lot better.

Appreciate your response have a good day.

8 minutes ago, markg said:

such a relief that he is putting effort in again. Thanks Fernando, you're a diamond and we owe you one

20 grand a week and you are thanking him for putting in some effort.  The least I would expect would be 100% effort. Honest days work for the contracted amount or you don't deserve any respect.

You sign a contract to play for a club for 4 years at £20k p.w. then that's what you do and to the best of your ability. If someone else comes in on better wages it's not your business and you can't suddenly decide you want more. Throwing a strop and refusing to play is beneath contempt.

If you got injured you'd still expect to get paid even if you weren't playing.

I hope Nando has got his head straight and kicks on from last year but don't tell me he's a diamond and we owe him one.

27 minutes ago, markg said:

such a relief that he is putting effort in again. Thanks Fernando, you're a diamond and we owe you one

My sarcasm reader is off the charts with this one. 

6 minutes ago, prowl said:

20 grand a week and you are thanking him for putting in some effort.  The least I would expect would be 100% effort. Honest days work for the contracted amount or you don't deserve any respect.

You sign a contract to play for a club for 4 years at £20k p.w. then that's what you do and to the best of your ability. If someone else comes in on better wages it's not your business and you can't suddenly decide you want more. Throwing a strop and refusing to play is beneath contempt.

If you got injured you'd still expect to get paid even if you weren't playing.

I hope Nando has got his head straight and kicks on from last year but don't tell me he's a diamond and we owe him one.

Oh dear. 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Well torry respect your opinion. Love the guy best attitude of any player at he club (also said FF was best player in Champ) but don't believe even he would agree with you mate. 

hutch is a better centre back than forestieri is winger imo so for me he's the better player for us ........ 

I don't think there is any need to over think this.

FF has been decent in recent games other than Ipswich where he was controversially benched. Whilst he hasn't scored in those games he has been testing the keeper. 

Its mainly his own fault for refusing to play, but I don't think his future needs to be questioned after every off display