Carlos - FF comments

13 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I hope he's right. We need him to be. I'm surprised Carlos has singled him out individually. That adds pressure - but was probably his intention. All eyes on Nando now to deliver. 

Not seen the full press conference but was CC asked about Nando directly or did he single him out without prompt??

Either way lets hope we see last seasons FF, we could certainly do with it

1 hour ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Anyone else have the cynical thought that he has "found himself" just in time to play himself into the tesm and form ahead of the Jan transfer window?

A lot of people seem to think he's downed tools hoping to get a move in January, and we'll lose him for a fraction of his true value (when on form).

So by the most cynical measure, if the least he's doing is playing himself into a January transfer through good form then we're already going to be better off. ;-)

I don't doubt at all what Carlos is saying is true.

It's good man management to acknowledge a change in attitude perhaps and doing well in training. FF appears to respond better to the carrot rather than the stick!

If this is reflected in FF's performances on the pitch then all the better for us and if not where is the negative in what Carlos has said? Only positives can transpire from this and lets just hope the international break has given FF time to reflect and come back being the player of 6 months ago.

Edited by OasisOwl72

Guest Copthorneowl

Is it possible, we, for the sake of sanity could pleaseeeee take our manager's view (whose with him every day in training) as being accurate and not rubbish every positive comment about our best player.

I fully appreciate some will never forgive him that's been made clear so many times by the same people but Carlos isn't making these things up and he'll be well aware he needs FF to buck up or they'll both be ex Wednesday employees.  FFS he's hammered for playing well in front of the Sky camera now he's trying his guts out behind closed doors in training but only really getting  ready for a January move. Christ he's no chance.

Hope to see you at Craven Cottage tomorrow best of luck mate.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Is it possible, we, for the sake of sanity could pleaseeeee take our manager's view (whose with him every day in training) as being accurate and not rubbish every positive comment about our best player.

I fully appreciate some will never forgive him that's been made clear so many times by the same people but Carlos isn't making these things up and he'll be well aware he needs FF to buck up or they'll both be ex Wednesday employees.  FFS he's hammered for playing well in front of the Sky camera now he's trying his guts out behind closed doors in training but only really getting  ready for a January move. Christ he's no chance.

Hope to see you at Craven Cottage tomorrow best of luck mate.

Sorry meant Saturday see you there Nando.

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I hope he's right. We need him to be. I'm surprised Carlos has singled him out individually. That adds pressure - but was probably his intention. All eyes on Nando now to deliver. 

Wily I think Carlos has said that to take pressure off him because so much has been said and made of his low key (comparitively speaking) attitude, play and so called not trying. Think Carlos is saying to the masses this guy is trying his guts out in training let's hope it transfers to the match day scenario.

I hope he has a great game at Fulham and I hope he scores. Impossible to guarantee it though.

I think he's the sort of player who can be knocked out of his stride quite easily if things don't go his way. Someone screaming in his face, he will hide, defender clatters him and he's going to be looking over his shoulder. Team mate doesn't pass to him and he can go into a sulk.

It's part of who he is but if he once gets into gear and it goes his way he can rip teams apart. I'm not his biggest fan but I hope he tears Fulham apart. 

Guest wilyfox
27 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Wily I think Carlos has said that to take pressure off him because so much has been said and made of his low key (comparitively speaking) attitude, play and so called not trying. Think Carlos is saying to the masses this guy is trying his guts out in training let's hope it transfers to the match day scenario.

Can read into it either way, really. Reassures fans he's at it in training, but people will now expect a performance because Carlos says we've got our Nando back. So, is it to appease supporters or kick FF up the backside before a big game? Could be either.  

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Forestieri in his best form is arguably the best player in the league, let's just hope what CC says is true and he can help get the season back on track.

he's a good player but i'd argue he isn't the best in our team never mind the league .

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Forestieri in his best form is arguably the best player in the league, let's just hope what CC says is true and he can help get the season back on track.

9 minutes ago, torryowl said:

he's a good player but i'd argue he isn't the best in our team never mind the league .

If Forstiero is in his best form who do you think is a better player in our team then.

As a club we have now entered new (old) territory and with good players with big heads come problems we haven't really had to deal with for a long time.

If FF suddenly finds his form again and his sole motivation is a move in January than we have to take what he gives us, hope that it improves our results (which are by no means terrible) and then sell the little fecker for as much as possible and replace him with the best that the money received can get us.

No room for sentiment with badge kissing mercanaries if unfortunately that's how it ends.

I think we'll win on Saturday!

Edited by sonofbert2

1 minute ago, Think tank said:

Carlos needs to up his performance too, lets see what he can come up with to improve the way things are going. 

He needs to impose his new ideas  to improve us from last year with those who do as he says and grow a pair to drop and use others if not.

8 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

He needs to impose his new ideas  to improve us from last year with those who do as he says and grow a pair to drop and use others if not.

The main thing I think he needs to do is stop playing a midfielder on the right wing, and with that I would drop Bannan. 

Square pegs in round holes, he has persisted with this for far too long, the odd game aside, it really isn't working.