Team and score v Derby

Yet another difficult team to call.

always want Lee and BB in the centre but for this one I cant look beyond Lee and Jones.

I always think Lees and Loovens is our best CB pairing, but Hutch is currently undroppable.

I suspect Carlos will go solid by dropping one of FF, Hooper, Fletch.

Westy

Palmer

Lees

Hutch

Pudil

Bannan

Lee

Jones

Reach

Hooper

Fletcher

0-2 Hooper Reach

Dawson

Palmer

Lees

Hutchinson

Pudil

Bannan

Lee

Jones

Reach

Fletcher

Forestieri

Very tough choice. Going through that team the hardest decision was who partners Fletcher. It seems harsh to drop Hooper after his good form, but I think this is the right kind of game for Fletcher, and we have seen in previous matches that we really miss Forestieri whenever he doesn't feature.

Stick with the midfield 4 that worked so well on Saturday, and bring Palmer in for Hunt with it being away from home.

49 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Westwood

Palmer     Lees     Hutch   Pudil

Lee     Jones

Bannan     Forestieri     Reach

Fletcher

A tight 1-2 away win.

This, team picks itself after qpr except striker, the greater physical presence of fletcher as a lone striker probably shades it but happy with hooper on current form. Hooper on after 60-70 mins maybe best and buckley for jones if needing a goal.

We're a strong top 5 side so expect 1-1 or tight win there

Edited by Ash77

The defence and midfield picks itself.

Same as qpr with Palmer for Hunt.

Up front is interesting.

The movement on the field especially between Reach and FF was a feature against QPR.

Equally the last 3 games Hooper , in the absence of Fletcher, has played more as a target man than he has before.

It is probably a choice between Hooper and Fletcher up top

Guest Copthorneowl

Can't remotely see FF being dropped quite apart from his importance to the team all the flack started around FF and Derby.

Carlos will think FF will want to show them he's happy at us, never wanted to leave us and will show that by bagging his first treble if the season. Think FF will be fired up for this one com on Nando.

I genuinely can't pick between Fletch and Hooper for this one. Hoops is in great form at the minute, but I can't help but feel Fletcher would be more appropriate for an away game against a flagging but still full of class Derby side. 

Then I take a step back and wonder how I would have reacted 24 months ago if you had said a Wednesday team would be going away to Derby as favourites and the selection choice would be two of Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher. Would have thought you were mad I would... 

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Then I take a step back and wonder how I would have reacted 24 months ago if you had said a Wednesday team would be going away to Derby as favourites and the selection choice would be two of Forestieri, Hooper and Fletcher. Would have thought you were mad I would... 

Its even better than that.

The selection choice is leaving out one of

Bannan

Reach

Hooper

Forestieri

Fletcher

How strong is that?

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Whatever team we put out, we need to start beating some of these bottom dwellers a bit more convincingly When was the last time we won by four or five

Agree, we just dont capitalize when we are on top, we need to work on this or it could cost us dearly in the end.

20 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I genuinely can't pick between Fletch and Hooper for this one. Hoops is in great form at the minute, but I can't help but feel Fletcher would be more appropriate for an away game against a flagging but still full of class Derby side. 

Even putting form aside for a second, there's still an advantage to playing Hooper rather than Fletcher in the sort of lone striker role. We're forced to keep the ball on the floor. Eliminates the easy option of chipping the ball up to Fletcher's head.