Team and score v Derby

16 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

He's the archetypal number ten. Not to mention we have just beaten Huddersfield and QPR with FF and Hooper up front and both scored.

Behind two strikers I agree with you. From deeper centrally or wide he is outstanding and scores lots of goals. But as one of two strike partners 2 goals in a year tells you everything.

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 08:34, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Westwood

Palmer     Lees     Hutch     Pudil

Lee     Jones

Bannan     Forestieri     Reach

Fletcher

A tight 1-2 away win.

I really like the look of that system for an away game. Would be a bit harsh on Hooper considering his recent form. But I think Fletcher just shades it in that lone forward role 

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Behind two strikers I agree with you. From deeper centrally or wide he is outstanding and scores lots of goals. But as one of two strike partners 2 goals in a year tells you everything.

What it doesn't tell you is the make up of the team when FF played up front. Nor does it tell you that he was usually played up front away from home when goals in general were at a premium.

We play differently with Fletcher. More hoof ball! In the last 3 games without him, we looked more like last year. I'd like to see SF and GH up top with FF out wide. But then we lose Jones in that sitting role.. toughy for Carlos

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

I sometimes think I am in some parallel football universe on here, where goals dont matter, and that the points are awarded on the prettiness of the football or the footballers.

In the 12 months that we have employed Gary Hooper he has scored 17 goals as a striker.

During that same 12 months, Fernando has scored 2 as a striker. TWO. And one of those, v udders, was a pen. 

But in this thread, as every team pick thread, 3/4 of us want FF playing as a striker rather than deeper. Despite the fact that from deep he scores shedloads. 

What is it that you guys see in him as a striker, that I dont? Its not goals, so what is it?

It's not just on here though, is it? I imagine you're sat with your head in your hands most weeks when the team is announced! 

Maybe you should write in to Carlos and ask him to explain it to you, as you've steadfastly refused to listen to any of the countless answers you've had on here over the past 12 months. Maybe you'll listen to him?

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's not just on here though, is it? I imagine you're sat with your head in your hands most weeks when the team is announced! 

Maybe you should write in to Carlos and ask him to explain it to you, as you've steadfastly refused to listen to any of the countless answers you've had on here over the past 12 months. Maybe you'll listen to him?

Not quite at the head in hands stage.  

More a deep, resigned sigh.