North Stand Roof

7 hours ago, daztheowl said:

So where would fans prefer a revamp to start , North , South , West stands , Kop or total revamp. Bearing in mind last estimates for World Cup upgrade was around £20M mark.

The shop! West, North concourse, Kop facilities are punt the back and bugger the prawn sandwich brigade in the South. lol

8 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

I truly hate these sarcastic threads,...  it gives more ammo to those that cannot read between the lines and therefore give negativity where it's not needed. ...  I know it's all about debate and opinion but FFS! 

Just be happy you see the irony, unlike some.

8 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

It's the guttering needs  replacing yes the North stand is due a bit of redo I think that'll come if we get to the premiership next season if that happens I reckon there will be a lots of work done around the ground

we all would have been guttered!!

43 minutes ago, Owling Wolfe said:

Just be happy you see the irony, unlike some.

I hate to be the one to point this out but it was sarcasm, not irony. Irony would have been saying that the only people who didn't get wet were the ones complaining.

The irony of you being the only one calling it irony when it isn't ironic, is almost enough to send me spiralling into a vortex of sad space and darkness at this time of day.

A bit like Alanis Morissette's song 'ironic', where the only ironic thing is that she's written a song called irony and doesn't know what it means.. unfortunate would have been a better song title.

Anyway, viva la revolucion! UTO.

2 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

2 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

I hate to be the one to point this out but it was sarcasm, not irony. Irony would have been saying that the only people who didn't get wet were the ones complaining.

The irony of you being the only one calling it irony when it isn't ironic, is almost enough to send me spiralling into a vortex of sad space and darkness at this time of day.

A bit like Alanis Morissette's song 'ironic', where the only ironic thing is that she's written a song called irony and doesn't know what it means.. unfortunate would have been a better song title.

Ooh alright Smarty Pants. I had a late night and early start, sarcasm, irony, whatever it was some just don't get it, and that's ironic lol

Edited by Owling Wolfe

The North stand is ok for capacity and lack of posts, but it seems unstable when everyone bounces and the facilities are average at best. 

I get get that it is historic - maybe the aesthetics could be absorbed in a new stand design. 

We we get a bit attached to stands in my opinion. If we can replace with something better why wouldnt we do it? 

The only thing that should be consistent is the location. 

40 minutes ago, 5318008 said:

I hate ironing

If you all want to be grammatically correct, from the pictures I saw, the roof was not leaking, Quite the opposite. There was so much water at one time that the roof, which directs the water away into the gutters, was stopping so much water going through, that the said gutters were of insufficient size and were unable to cope. It was the fact that the downpipe from the gutters was of insufficient size. The answer is easy. Install a downpipe of sufficient size, say something like two feet diameter, from the corner of the roof to the floor, and into a surface ditch, some three feet wide, in a direct line to the river. The fact that this will a) obstruct the view of the playing field for many people who use the the stand, and b) give a rather uneven surface to the pitch across the full face of the goal, is immaterial., as is the fact that this said ditch will be unused for another 25 years or so.

Problem solved.

(Please forward to owners of Ethiad. Copyright applied for.)  

11 hours ago, owls-swfc said:

I truly hate these sarcastic threads,...  it gives more ammo to those that cannot read between the lines and therefore give negativity where it's not needed. ...  I know it's all about debate and opinion but FFS! 

Are you taking the wee wee?

47 minutes ago, Owls-Ya-Doin said:

The north stands iconic design is one of the best in the country granted when it pours it leaks but it wasn't just a splendid shower now was it! An we as a club dealt with it sharpish and the game went on congratulations to all concerned!

Are you sure it wasn't an ironic design.

'a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often wryly amusing as a result.

It was a state of affairs or an event,  was it a deliberate design fault, it was amusing.