Right+back?

I think its clear to us all that this is an area we need to strengthen. Teams now look like they are targeting us here and it seems to have worked in the past few games. I personally would like to see someone come in who defends well first and provides support for the right winger in the same way buxton used to for us. Dont know who's out there but im sure there must be someone out there who can come in and do a job. Anyone got any reasonable suggestions? Id personally like to see richie de laet. Can also play all across the back 4, is tall and decent in the air. What about clarke from preston? Seems like he is strong defensively and looks like he played right back during the earlier part of his career. Dont know how much each would cost but de laet was on loan to middlesborough last season so hopefully would drop down again

When Loovens is fit, I'd be very tempted to give Hutch a go at RB. Fits all the defensive criteria you mentioned. 

Clarke at Preston played RB years ago at Huddersfield and wasn't that good at it... struggled to get in their side in L1. He's made CB his own in the last 3 years at Preston. 

Hutch would definitely be an upgrade on hunt and is much better at the defensive side of the game. My only slight worry would be the amount of ground he has to cover getting up and down the right hand side but if buckley/matias could provide the width then hutch probably wouldnt need to get forward as much. Hutch also plays accurate long balls and im sure he would have no problem putting a decent cross in when needed. We also have lee who never stops running and might also be able to do a job there. Some tough calls need to be made, hopefully carlos will make the right ones

If we play with Buckley and A N Other on opposite flank it negates need for fullbacks. Meaning hutch, Loovens and Lees in a three at back, also accommodating Abdi, Lee, Bannan or Jones. 

Plus us can get hooper on field too. Fullbacks are our weakest area, with an abundance of talent in other areas. If this was football manager that's what I'd try. I guess real life is a bit different. 

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

Hunt's a good player who's had a dip in form. He got hung out to dry by Wallace yesterday. Not for the first time.

Big fan ofWallace, but he was hiding yesterday. Hunt kept getting the ball on the touch line, looked down the line, only to see Wallace hiding behind their player. 

Lost confidence. 

Hunt was was desperately poor too though, following a bad night at Burton.

Has to be Palmer and Buckley or Palmer and Joao at Brentford.

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

I'd like to throw my hat in the ring as an upgrade on Hunt

Like the humour, but the lad is nearly a very good fullback. Bags of energy and no slouch. Gets up and down that touch line like a train.

But someone has to drill into him that to let your man get a cross over is the ultimate sin. And he has to improve his decision making to chose when to cross and when to run.

But all that said, he's in lousy form and needs to sit out.

22 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Big fan ofWallace, but he was hiding yesterday. Hunt kept getting the ball on the touch line, looked down the line, only to see Wallace hiding behind their player. 

Lost confidence. 

Hunt was was desperately poor too though, following a bad night at Burton.

Has to be Palmer and Buckley or Palmer and Joao at Brentford.

Mmmm yeah. Play Buckley in front of hunt. One more chance for me.

I'll get slated but give Palmer a go.he gets some terrible stick but I don't think hunt is better and is certainly not showing any form.

hes raggy hunt, never looks composed and makes bad decisions. Never rated him to be honest.

id give Palmer a run short term and if no improving then fair enough shift one on and bring someone new in.