Ref today?

54 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

No he didnt 

That happened right in front of me and unless we have changed from the Ipswich shirt to a Villa shirt Lees had a huge handful and the guys shirt was 2 yards behind him

So Lees got booked for having hold of a Villa shirt but there lad was OK to have a handful of Lees shirt?

Ridiculous decision still as 6 & half a dozen.

1 hour ago, No Uniform said:

To be fair with the bookings, (other than Lees) all were correct. But the Lees one was the wrong way round. Hutchison was very lucky like Gardner. The guy who elbowed Pudil in the throat, I cannot understand how the ref did not even caution him, he had a clear view.

We were sat bang opposite the Pudil incident. It was a foul nothing worse. FF gets unfairly clobbered by referees, but Pudil collapses holding his head as though he's been shot, every time anybody challenges him

1 hour ago, Wolfmanjack said:

We were sat bang opposite the Pudil incident. It was a foul nothing worse. FF gets unfairly clobbered by referees, but Pudil collapses holding his head as though he's been shot, every time anybody challenges him

I watched on Sky and it was a lot worse.

58 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

So Lees got booked for having hold of a Villa shirt but there lad was OK to have a handful of Lees shirt?

Ridiculous decision still as 6 & half a dozen.

He had two fingers on Lees 

Lees made a tent out of the villa lads shirt 

That angle wasn't shown on telly but live his shirt was 2 yards behind him with Tom pulling it, much worse than Hutchs short pull

overall i thought he was very inconsistent. As others have said, plenty of niggly fouls not booked in first 15 minutes, then he books others for fouls of same ilk. 

The Tom Lees one was a joke, Lees pulled the players shirt once, then the villa player had hold of Lees shirt for a good 5 seconds. 

Thought he played up to the cameras TBH. Made himself look an arse IMO

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Also should have got booked for a really poor body check in the second half

Ref didn't have a good'un at all

That I did see.

Hutch won the ball , the officials gave a corner. Nothing wrong with it.

As for shirt pulling at corners. If they start giving penalties for all of them and not the one hutch does then I am all for it

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

That I did see.

As for shirt pulling at corners. If they start giving penalties for all of them and not the one hutch does then I am all for it

Watch it back mate and take off the blue (and slightly white) tinted specs, I promise you had either of those been against us we would have been going absolutely bananas at the incompetence of the officials. Shirt pull at the corner especially was diabolical.

The one thing I'll give the ref credit for is booking Wallace for his dive. Surprised by that from him tbh, was disappointed. We've already got one player with a reputation for diving, we don't need another.

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

That I did see.

What I meant to say was hutch won the ball and the officials should have given a corner

2 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

That I did see.

Hutchinson should have gone twice. 

Once for the challenge on the line next to the North Stand which was plain madness and then the shirt pulling in the penalty area.

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

Watch it back mate and take off the blue (and slightly white) tinted specs, I promise you had either of those been against us we would have been going absolutely bananas at the incompetence of the officials. Shirt pull at the corner especially was diabolical.

The one thing I'll give the ref credit for is booking Wallace for his dive. Surprised by that from him tbh, was disappointed. We've already got one player with a reputation for diving, we don't need another.

So did hutch kick the ball or not

3 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So did hutch kick the ball or not

For the body check?

If I recall correctly, 100% no.

I'm now literally only doubting it because you seem so insistent he got the ball, but I'm absolutely certain at the time that both me and my dad, both in real time and in the replay, didn't think he got anywhere near it and just took out the attacker. 

EDIT: The commentators certainly said it was a yellow card offense, and I definitely remember agreeing with them

Edited by StudentOwl

56 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

He had two fingers on Lees 

Lees made a tent out of the villa lads shirt 

That angle wasn't shown on telly but live his shirt was 2 yards behind him with Tom pulling it, much worse than Hutchs short pull

He had a right handfull of Lees Shirt & half the kop could see it clear as day, only assume from your position you couldn't see it like I couldn't see Lees hands on the Villa player.