Stonewall penalty and definite yellow card

1 minute ago, scram said:

Yeah

You missed Hutch nearly ripping Bakers shirt off his back from a corner

Stonewall penalty and definite yellow card

Also should have got booked for a really poor body check in the second half

Ref didn't have a good'un at all

50 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Lees got booked for being pulled back by there player.

No he didnt 

That happened right in front of me and unless we have changed from the Ipswich shirt to a Villa shirt Lees had a huge handful and the guys shirt was 2 yards behind him

43 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

To be fair with the bookings, (other than Lees) all were correct. But the Lees one was the wrong way round. Hutchison was very lucky like Gardner. The guy who elbowed Pudil in the throat, I cannot understand how the ref did not even caution him, he had a clear view.

Lees was spot on 

Hutch could have and imo should have got the benefit of the doubt that he had already shown Gardner 3 times

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

And took Gardner three bookable offences before he got booked.

...typical Premier league fouls..nothing malicious but he knew what he was doing. Standing on feet and taps from behind. 

He didn't stop it when he could have and then booked players without really seeing for shirt pulling...and yes Hutch should have gone for that ..BUT

"The guy who elbowed Pudil in the throat, I cannot understand how the ref did not even caution him, he had a clear view." 

...that was the poorest decision all afternoon. And he saw exactly what happened. 

Overall poor for both but that elbow was dangerous and cynical and he should have been red carded. Not even a foul..

53 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

To be fair with the bookings, (other than Lees) all were correct. But the Lees one was the wrong way round. Hutchison was very lucky like Gardner. The guy who elbowed Pudil in the throat, I cannot understand how the ref did not even caution him, he had a clear view.

We were sat bang opposite the Pudil incident. It was a foul nothing worse. FF gets unfairly clobbered by referees, but Pudil collapses holding his head as though he's been shot, every time anybody challenges him

...I had the benefit of the TV...their player made only eye contact with Pudil...never looked at the ball and went in straight for his face...it was a foul...but saying it was nothing is silly. Malicious and planned...ref might have been on the blind side but it was the kind of nasty contact that puts players out for months. 

Just now, Wolfmanjack said:

We were sat bang opposite the Pudil incident. It was a foul nothing worse. FF gets unfairly clobbered by referees, but Pudil collapses holding his head as though he's been shot, every time anybody challenges him

Well we got a replay on Sky

The guy who challenged Pudil didn't look at the ball once, kept his eyes on Pudil and jumped into him leading with his elbow. Reminded me a lot of that one that Leeds player got sent off for a couple of years ago in the 6-0 drubbing. 

11 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The guy who challenged Pudil didn't look at the ball once, kept his eyes on Pudil and jumped into him leading with his elbow. Reminded me a lot of that one that Leeds player got sent off for a couple of years ago in the 6-0 drubbing.

Lees.

he wasn't very good, but managed not to influence the game too much.

villa got a few too many decisions their way but he let hutch off early in the second. gardner was just as lucky as hutch midway through the first.

and despite what saunders was insisting, the contact between lees and mccormack was not enough to give a free kick-so the ref got that one right.

it was still poor refereeing but i can imagine that being the best refereeing performance we see all season.

Lees had a handful of the villa players shirt but then the villa player had a handful of his. Certainly harsh as they were both doing it.

Ref should really have booked one of their players early on I thought and seemed to reach straight for a card for ours.

At one point one of the villa centre backs had hooper in a headlock and the ref gave nothing at all then forestieri got in a tussle trying to win the ball and he gave a free kick for very little. Thought he was a little eager to give villa cheap free kicks at times but he was certainly not the worst ref we have had.

I didn't see the hutchinson shirt pull but sounds like we got away with one there.

18 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

true, could have been a red, but maybe not quite malicious enough. definitely at least a yellow.

Completely inconsistent, needs video refs asap to assist the referees, with fourth officials say in a box somewhere in constant touch with the man in the middle. Wouldn't slow down the game at all, and would probably see gamesmanship tempered down a little too.