OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

9 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

If you sell players then you have to replace them. If Newcastle get income of £90 million they have to spend a lot to replace them. So looking at our outlay it's quite an investment.

Newcastle have replaced them they spent £60m replacing them 

12 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Mick,

I love your calls but fans are allowed to disagree with you.

We can all make comparisons to confirm our point. Us v Villa, spent well. Compared to Barnsley , garbage.

Recruitment is key and no one really has any idea who is responsible for the dross  we 've mainly  bought.

Or the powerful centre half and midfield destroyer we didn't buy.

But for now,  we just need to all pull together for Friday against a side that performed far worse than us at the weekend (playing against a team that cost relatively little). 

I don't expect anyone to agree with me on anything 

But if idiots tweet easily disprovable stupidity im gonna call em idiots 

24 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

What underachievement ?

We are 6th with 9 games left 

The point about Villa and Newcastles spending i could also have cited Brighton strengthening was the strength of the division not the relative form of the teams 

When you look at the players Carlos has at his disposal compared to the ones at Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield we should be cemented in a top 6 place.

If we'd performed consistently this season we would be but performances by and large have been mediocre and the frustrating thing is this side is capable of more. The fans should be getting more from these players.

The fact that Villa have spent a load of money and are doing rubbish doesn't make me feel better about that.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

When you look at the players Carlos has at his disposal compared to the ones at Leeds, Reading and Huddersfield we should be cemented in a top 6 place.

If we'd performed consistently this season we would be but performances by and large have been mediocre and the frustrating thing is this side is capable of more. The fans should be getting more from these players.

The fact that Villa have spent a load of money and are doing rubbish doesn't make me feel better about that.

thats your opinion not mine 

And i didn't quote Villas spending for the reason you are implying merely to illustrate the lunacy of Division 2 spending that we are part of too with in excess of £20m spent 

17 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Are people unhappy that we are 6th at this point of the season?

I mean really?

Not saying we should be top 2 but considering the goings on at Villa, Norwich and Derby i can't believe we are clinging onto 6th position by our fingertips with Fulham breathing down our necks.

37 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Not saying we should be top 2 but considering the goings on at Villa, Norwich and Derby i can't believe we are clinging onto 6th position by our fingertips with Fulham breathing down our necks.

Why can't you believe we are in 6th place?

Football is a game of 2 teams of 11players who play for 90 minutes a game.

We are 6th best at it at the moment. 

Having one of the best run of results in the clubs history, under a manager who's stats are the best in modern football history for the club.

How is those facts dissapointed you?

11 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Why can't you believe we are in 6th place?

Football is a game of 2 teams of 11players who play for 90 minutes a game.

We are 6th best at it at the moment. 

Having one of the best run of results in the clubs history, under a manager who's stats are the best in modern football history for the club.

How is those facts dissapointed you?

Because i expect my team to be performing better than 6th place basically.And which run of results are you going on about?

2 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

Because i expect my team to be performing better than 6th place basically.And which run of results are you going on about?

Why should we be "expected" to be higher than 6th? 

6th place is pretty good for a club that was in league 1 a few years ago. Shows real progress.

2 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So you agree telling a Wednesday fan to get t'Lane is a pretty brain dead thing to say?

agree

It's assumption that someone who disagrees you ( 'you' being a superfan preacher and defender of the faith ) therefore must be wrong or a blunt 

IMO there are several ways to look at this season so far,  there are all valid ( again imo) arguments for all 

said before I hold a middle view on this season, but I'm most certainly on the side of an owl expressing their view without being shouted down, belittled, preached to and if all else fails given the quoted brain dead phrase 

1 hour ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Why should we be "expected" to be higher than 6th? 

6th place is pretty good for a club that was in league 1 a few years ago. Shows real progress.

Who cares that we were league one a few years ago? Southampton were, look at them now. Leicester too. Its irrelevant that we were in league one, we are a completely different club under Chansiri. We should be top 4 minimum this season

45 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Who cares that we were league one a few years ago? Southampton were, look at them now. Leicester too. Its irrelevant that we were in league one, we are a completely different club under Chansiri. We should be top 4 minimum this season

What right do we have to be top 4?

4 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

And ? 

Thats a balance sheet 

Newcastle have spent in excess of £60m on players have they not ? and the fact that they have sold over £80m of players (3 transfers i believe) doesn't alter the fact that they have the players the £60m brought in ditto Villa

Hang on. If you ran a shop would you say it doesn't matter how much was spent on stock and only count how much money that stock made when sold? That's basically what you're saying matters to football clubs.

Newcastle were relegated, they sold off arguably much better players than what they signed and their trading of players has left them with a positive net spend. At the end of the year (and FFP period) the taxman and the FA won't care how much of that balance was bought or sold only that the net figure falls within FFP rules.

Not even sure what point you're trying to make.

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Southampton had/still have a brilliant academy churning out great players, said players got them up and were sold for tens of millions! We don't have that luxury.

What Leicester have achieved will probably never be replicated again unless the money in football balances itself out and filters down the leagues so I wouldn't get caught up with asking why can't we do a Leicester?! 

What Wednesday did have was a huge tax bill that nearly destroyed the club due to decades of mismanagement by countless people.

Milan saved us even though he said later on if he have had time to properly look at the books he wouldn't of touched us, we were that far up the creek 

Milan did his job and delivered on his promise of passing us on to a great owner who can take us to the next level!

we got to the P/O Final last year when no one expected us too! We're in 6th now with a chance to go up this year

i remember not so long ago on here when we were all having a laugh at dem blavdes cos every little bump they hit they pulled the trigger now the same people want Carlos gone cos were 6th!!! 

The season is not over get behind the manager get behind the team and stop begging for a bloke to be sacked cos "we should be 4th" etc we don't deserve to/should be in any position till after the final whistle of the 46th game.

and to save people the trouble I'm not a happy clapper, a super fan or anything like that I was the guy the other weekend who was worried at 5-1 up against Norwich that they could make a comeback.

what i am is a normal fan who's put up with years of awful football with players and mangers that really couldn't give a shít and Im kinda fed up with fans that have let last seasons "success" go to their heads.

if we go up great! If we don't then chansiri has a decision to make and we go again with or without Carlos 

Edited by LJH1867OWLS

Winds me up summat chronic when southampton and leicester are used as a reason to kind of back up someones point,them two went into admin shafting many,but cos lineker is a leicester  "legend" and made a noise in his priveleged position in the media they came out of the sh yte smelling like roses,likewise southampton although le tissier wasn't as prominent,yes they have done well since then,but lets not forget what happened to suit.

Mick's call tonight was spot on, he was right to call that person an idiot because he was an idiot. As were a lot of the text's, tweets and emails. Idiotic.

I'm getting a bit fed up of Robert and his calls, I don't like people who try to make an issue out of things that aren't really there.