OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

4 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

1 fan whose points i took apart 

He tweeted we haven't played well since the 1st leg of the play offs 

Well that isn't true i named 4 games where we did play well so you know what whoever that Mark is he's an idiot 

4 games isn't a great return for a team where you expect them to finish 4th.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

A lot of the expectation has come from the direction of the Chairman. When that happens then fans will naturally lift their own expectations.

The chairman is doing his bit.

Some fans are taking it for granted.

The chairman wants the fans to back the team as his expectations.

Edited by Lees Tom Cat

Why is it that is either 0 or 100 mph now? 

There isn't a middle ground anymore! it's either we're awful, sack Carlos cos were not getting promoted 

or is stick by Carlos he should be here next season to build etc etc...

heres a crazy idea... bare with me... stand by your team, players and manager until we can't/don't get promoted then wait and see what chansiri will do as he runs the club it's his money on the line so effectively his choice who stays and who goes 

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

That last tweet is the stupidity that we are up against 

No matter how much Villa and Newcastle have brought in on the plus side doesnt mean they haven't spent £77m and in excess of £60m except on the balance sheet

yet another idiot

Nah. That's you if you choose to start calling fans names for expressing their views.

1 minute ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Spot on 

Like i said how many times have you read on here that Wednesday are a top two side ?

Based on what ? Newcastle have kept a nucleus of their premier side and have spent £60m and we ended up 15 points behind Brighton 

The guy talking Hudders brought in 13 ( i think ) players

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

That last tweet is the stupidity that we are up against 

No matter how much Villa and Newcastle have brought in on the plus side doesnt mean they haven't spent £77m and in excess of £60m except on the balance sheet

yet another idiot

Villas underachievement is there issue and has nothing to do with us.

Our underachievement is our issue and this squad of players should be cemented in a top 6 place just as Keith Andrews stated.

Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading are all above us in the league and I would argue we have better players than all of those 3.

Regardless of how Villa are doing this season, with the players Carlos had at his disposal we should finish in the top 6, it's got nothing to do with what Villa are doing.

2 minutes ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

The fans have done their bit. They turned out at Wembley in their thousands and gave fantastic vocal backing to the team acknowledged by the national press only to be rewarded with a poor performance. They bought their season tickets and have given the team great support but performances haven't matched it. So don't blame the fans.

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Nah. That's you if you choose to start calling fans names for expressing their views.

What would you call someone that decides if you spend £77m then get say £30m in for players sold that means that haven't spent £77m 

It means your balance sheet is down £45m not that you haven't spent £77m balance sheets don't cross the white line 

Is there a more ridiculous thing that football fans say than "if you don't like it get t'Lane"?

As if this is a realistic option.

How on earth can Newcastle (who are very strong), Norwich (who have been as soft as anything away from home) and Villa (that have been in absolute disarray) be stronger than three clubs that got over 80 points?

How is it a stronger division than last year when four teams that have spent naff all with far weaker squads than us are in the top 7?

How does Villa being in disarray and Norwich making a complete mess of it mean that we have done well?

The reason fans are unhappy is because everybody knew we needed a beast of a centre half and some pace and power on the wing or upfront. We have simply not addressed these issues.

This season We have signed:-

Kean - not good enough

Pudil - not good enough

Emanuelson - waste of time

Fox - promising start

Sasso - not good enough

Abdi - rarely selected

Buckley - rarely selected

Jones - rarely selected

McManaman - rarely selected

Reach - Don't get me started

Rhodes - promising start

Winnall - to be decided

Fletcher - rarely selected

Looking at the above, is it any surprise fans are unhappy, especially when it follows on from the likes of Lachman, Matias, McGugan, Sougou and Joao. 

It just feels like a massive opportunity missed. The fact that the spine of the team is still based around Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutch and Lee says it all. 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Villas underachievement is there issue and has nothing to do with us.

Our underachievement is our issue and this squad of players should be cemented in a top 6 place just as Keith Andrews stated.

Huddersfield, Leeds and Reading are all above us in the league and I would argue we have better players than all of those 3.

Regardless of how Villa are doing this season, with the players Carlos had at his disposal we should finish in the top 6, it's got nothing to do with what Villa are doing.

What underachievement ?

We are 6th with 9 games left 

The point about Villa and Newcastles spending i could also have cited Brighton strengthening was the strength of the division not the relative form of the teams 

1 minute ago, Ronnie Starling said:

The fans have done their bit. They turned out at Wembley in their thousands and gave fantastic vocal backing to the team acknowledged by the national press only to be rewarded with a poor performance. They bought their season tickets and have given the team great support but performances haven't matched it. So don't blame the fans.

Yes but as already said the fans backed a worse squad last season and we made it.

Top players signed because the fans was awesome.

This season it's different. The fans are expecting to be top 2 or it's a disaster.thus not backing the team and moaning about how we spent money etc.

We did it last season with nuihu up front.

Imagine what we could do this season with the fans backing the team.

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Is there a more ridiculous thing that football fans say than "if you don't like it get t'Lane"?

As if this is a realistic option.

How on earth can Newcastle (who are very strong), Norwich (who have been as soft as anything away from home) and Villa (that have been in absolute disarray) be stronger than three clubs that got over 80 points?

How is it a stronger division than last year when four teams that have spent naff all with far weaker squads than us are in the top 7?

How does Villa being in disarray and Norwich making a complete mess of it mean that we have done well?

The reason fans are unhappy is because everybody knew we needed a beast of a centre half and some pace and power on the wing or upfront. We have simply not addressed these issues.

This season We have signed:-

Kean - not good enough

Pudil - not good enough

Emanuelson - waste of time

Fox - promising start

Sasso - not good enough

Abdi - rarely selected

Buckley - rarely selected

Jones - rarely selected

McManaman - rarely selected

Reach - Don't get me started

Rhodes - promising start

Winnall - to be decided

Fletcher - rarely selected

Looking at the above, is it any surprise fans are unhappy, especially when it follows on from the likes of Lachman, Matias, McGugan, Sougou and Joao. 

It just feels like a massive opportunity missed. The fact that the spine of the team is still based around Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutch and Lee says it all. 

Misquote 

I said if he wanted a Manager that has won something after he had rubbished CCs cv then Wilder is going to win League one and Mourinho has won plenty thats when i said get down the lane

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

What would you call someone that decides if you spend £77m then get say £30m in for players sold that means that haven't spent £77m 

It means your balance sheet is down £45m not that you haven't spent £77m balance sheets don't cross the white line 

Well i wouldn't call them anything.

I'd just consider they had a different viewpoint.

We are all passionate about Wednesday.

Why else would we all spend so much time on here and sit listening to FH every night?

Not idiots. Just fans like you.