OFFICIAL 2016/17 BBC Radio Sheffield Football Heaven SWFC Thread

2 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Is there a more ridiculous thing that football fans say than "if you don't like it get t'Lane"?

As if this is a realistic option.

How on earth can Newcastle (who are very strong), Norwich (who have been as soft as anything away from home) and Villa (that have been in absolute disarray) be stronger than three clubs that got over 80 points?

How is it a stronger division than last year when four teams that have spent naff all with far weaker squads than us are in the top 7?

How does Villa being in disarray and Norwich making a complete mess of it mean that we have done well?

The reason fans are unhappy is because everybody knew we needed a beast of a centre half and some pace and power on the wing or upfront. We have simply not addressed these issues.

This season We have signed:-

Kean - not good enough

Pudil - not good enough

Emanuelson - waste of time

Fox - promising start

Sasso - not good enough

Abdi - rarely selected

Buckley - rarely selected

Jones - rarely selected

McManaman - rarely selected

Reach - Don't get me started

Rhodes - promising start

Winnall - to be decided

Fletcher - rarely selected

Looking at the above, is it any surprise fans are unhappy, especially when it follows on from the likes of Lachman, Matias, McGugan, Sougou and Joao. 

It just feels like a massive opportunity missed. The fact that the spine of the team is still based around Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutch and Lee says it all. 

The majority of fans coming out of Wembley knew we needed two more centre half's a physical midfielder two strikers and a winger. We haven't fulfilled the requirements and the recruitment has been shocking.

3 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

What would you call someone that decides if you spend £77m then get say £30m in for players sold that means that haven't spent £77m 

It means your balance sheet is down £45m not that you haven't spent £77m balance sheets don't cross the white line 

But I don't get your point?!??

If your boss gives you a telling off for doing a rubbish job do you defend it by saying a colleague messed up even more?

if your wife gives you a telling off for putting a big hole in the garden fence do you defend it by saying "but look at the neighbours, it's even worse?"

Just don't get what point you are trying to make.

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Is there a more ridiculous thing that football fans say than "if you don't like it get t'Lane"?

As if this is a realistic option.

How on earth can Newcastle (who are very strong), Norwich (who have been as soft as anything away from home) and Villa (that have been in absolute disarray) be stronger than three clubs that got over 80 points?

How is it a stronger division than last year when four teams that have spent naff all with far weaker squads than us are in the top 7?

How does Villa being in disarray and Norwich making a complete mess of it mean that we have done well?

The reason fans are unhappy is because everybody knew we needed a beast of a centre half and some pace and power on the wing or upfront. We have simply not addressed these issues.

This season We have signed:-

Kean - not good enough

Pudil - not good enough

Emanuelson - waste of time

Fox - promising start

Sasso - not good enough

Abdi - rarely selected

Buckley - rarely selected

Jones - rarely selected

McManaman - rarely selected

Reach - Don't get me started

Rhodes - promising start

Winnall - to be decided

Fletcher - rarely selected

Looking at the above, is it any surprise fans are unhappy, especially when it follows on from the likes of Lachman, Matias, McGugan, Sougou and Joao. 

It just feels like a massive opportunity missed. The fact that the spine of the team is still based around Westwood, Lees, Loovens, Hutch and Lee says it all. 

Well said, if I could +10 you I would.

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Misquote 

I said if he wanted a Manager that has won something after he had rubbished CCs cv then Wilder is going to win League one and Mourinho has won plenty thats when i said get down the lane

So you agree telling a Wednesday fan to get t'Lane is a pretty brain dead thing to say?

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

Well i wouldn't call them anything.

I'd just consider they had a different viewpoint.

We are all passionate about Wednesday.

Why else would we all spend so much time on here and sit listening to FH every night?

Not idiots. Just fans like you.

Thats not a different viewpoint thats a fundamental misunderstanding of money and maths

If he can't see that then he's an idiot

1 minute ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

So you agree telling a Wednesday fan to get t'Lane is a pretty brain dead thing to say?

I didn't tell him to get off t'lane 

I said in reply to his tweet about CC having won nothing in his "miserable career" i think i quote correctly that if winning mangers were all he was interested in he should get off to the lane or Old Trafford because the have managers that have wins on their cv 

10 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

So just because we beat Norwich some people think we should automatically beat Burton?   That's just crazy 

Forest beat Brighton then lost to Burton and i was told today by a Forest fan that should Blackburn do us a favour and beat Fulham then Forest drop into the relegation zone( haven't looked so just taking his word for it ) if thats not an illustration of the craziness of this division i don't know what is 

Edited by Lawrie Madden

2 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Transfers in and out

Villa 30 million loss

Wednesday 24 million loss

Newcastle 30 million profit

And ? 

Thats a balance sheet 

Newcastle have spent in excess of £60m on players have they not ? and the fact that they have sold over £80m of players (3 transfers i believe) doesn't alter the fact that they have the players the £60m brought in ditto Villa

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Forest beat Brighton then lost to Burton and i was told today by a Forest fan that should Blackburn do us a favour and beat Fulham then Forest drop into the relegation zone( haven't looked so just taking his word for it ) if thats not an illustration of the craziness of this division i don't know what is 

That's OK then.  there are inconsistent teams in this league so that makes it OK for us to be inconsistent

that's as bad as saying look where we were six years ago, as a reason why it is good news that we just hanging on to sixth place with our finger tips

1 minute ago, the third man said:

That's OK then.  there are inconsistent teams in this league so that makes it OK for us to be inconsistent

that's as bad as saying look where we were six years ago, as a reason why it is good news that we just hanging on to sixth place with our finger tips

No thats not what i wrote and thats not what i meant 

Mick,

I love your calls but fans are allowed to disagree with you.

We can all make comparisons to confirm our point. Us v Villa, spent well. Compared to Barnsley , garbage.

Recruitment is key and no one really has any idea who is responsible for the dross  we 've mainly  bought.

Or the powerful centre half and midfield destroyer we didn't buy.

But for now,  we just need to all pull together for Friday against a side that performed far worse than us at the weekend (playing against a team that cost relatively little). 

7 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

And ? 

Thats a balance sheet 

Newcastle have spent in excess of £60m on players have they not ? and the fact that they have sold over £80m of players (3 transfers i believe) doesn't alter the fact that they have the players the £60m brought in ditto Villa

If you sell players then you have to replace them. If Newcastle get income of £90 million they have to spend a lot to replace them. So looking at our outlay it's quite an investment.