Standing

Children have always stood on seats or on something at away games. I've sat on peoples shoulders on terraces! 

Don't believe for a minute that the bloke won't go to next seasons final, should we get there.

Just sounds like a whinger, highlighted by his need to justify excluding himself from next seasons final by also mentioning the PA sound system lol. I mean. It was awful. But I wouldn't think for one minute that I'd not go to a game due to it...or it would contribute to me not wanting to go to a game.

Guest jjtowl

Read the first 10 pages and skipped here so sorry if I repeat something that's been said.

First of all, the rights and wrong on this are very clear. Theres a huge clue, it's the seat you're stood in front of. If you stood up, you are in the wrong. That's as clear as anything. Seats were installed to improve safety.

My Dad's 80 in July, Mums 80 in January. They are still Kop season ticket holders, along with my Auntie who's 83. They sit there because they can't afford South Stand season tickets. All were at Wembley on Saturday. All had a godawful day not because of being unable to see, but because of the f*** you attitude of Wednesdayites who insisted that they will do what they like and they can f*** off. Pretty much demonstrated in this thread by numerous

Dad's had his hip replaced 3 times. He walks with a stick. He's also I would wager watched Wednesday more times, in more grounds than pretty much 95% of those in this thread with an appalling attitude.

Having said all of that, I did warn them what to expect. I've not missed more than a handful of away games in the last few years, and have stood up at every one. Not because I want to, it's more because I have to, for the same reasons I've just explained.

I don't expect anybody to consider what their attitude means to other people. It's been demonstrated clearly already that people will do what the hell, they want and f*** the lot of you. That's the society we live in these days.

I will continue to attend away games, and continue to stand at them for as long as I can. Because I want to see the game. As soon as I'm so old that I have to sit looking at the arse of some selfish foul mouthed idiot who considers his own importance in front of those of older, infirm, or disabled supporters, my away days will end.

Makes you feel fair proud doesn't it. Wawaw is the biggest fallacy of them all.

Read the first 10 pages and skipped here so sorry if I repeat something that's been said.

First of all, the rights and wrong on this are very clear. Theres a huge clue, it's the seat you're stood in front of. If you stood up, you are in the wrong. That's as clear as anything. Seats were installed to improve safety.

My Dad's 80 in July, Mums 80 in January. They are still Kop season ticket holders, along with my Auntie who's 83. They sit there because they can't afford South Stand season tickets. All were at Wembley on Saturday. All had a godawful day not because of being unable to see, but because of the f*** you attitude of Wednesdayites who insisted that they will do what they like and they can f*** off. Pretty much demonstrated in this thread by numerous

Dad's had his hip replaced 3 times. He walks with a stick. He's also I would wager watched Wednesday more times, in more grounds than pretty much 95% of those in this thread with an appalling attitude.

Having said all of that, I did warn them what to expect. I've not missed more than a handful of away games in the last few years, and have stood up at every one. Not because I want to, it's more because I have to, for the same reasons I've just explained.

I don't expect anybody to consider what their attitude means to other people. It's been demonstrated clearly already that people will do what the hell, they want and f*** the lot of you. That's the society we live in these days.

I will continue to attend away games, and continue to stand at them for as long as I can. Because I want to see the game. As soon as I'm so old that I have to sit looking at the arse of some selfish foul mouthed idiot who considers his own importance in front of those of older, infirm, or disabled supporters, my away days will end.

But it's OK for you to abuse pompeyowl for the "offence" of being from Portsmouth and single out FlyingOwl for non-stop abuse? Think that goes down as bending the rules pal, not that you'd ever do that.

po has been negging me for ages for no reason at all,well he can neg away. so get your facts right first,i've been slating him cos he acts like a child 

Thats very sad mate, i'm sorry that happened. Give them my regards, we aren't all like that.

Stood for the whole match.

I'm 6ft 2 so I'm not the best person to be stood behind in any event.

If someone had asked me to sit then I would have done so.

Was in block 532 and everyone seemed to be standing.

If safe standing was brought in this wouldn't be an issue.

Barmy thing is that they let people stand so long as they are doing it in an area with seats.

Let's think this through.

After The Disaster stadia likely to get anything like substantial crowds/crowding were forced to become all-seated.

But a plastic seat isn't actually a safety device, is it?. No. It's a place to sit so....

Why don't they force people to sit down or.........

Introduce areas specially designed for you to stand with actual safety features designed to prevent overcrowding?

At the moment they seem to be relying on (or stubbornly refusing to disbelieve in) a miraculous piece of serendipity which is that a plastic chair actually prevents overcrowding. Now just a moment's thought would surely allow us to see that large, robust rubber beachballs tethered securely at regular intervals in place of seats would a) prevent overcrowding and b) not break your legs when you trip over them. 

There! I just invented a better way than filling the ground with unused seats and I did it when tired and piiiiissed and I'm not even a safety engineer (or any other kind of engineer). I bet a real safety engineer could think of something even better, maybe equipped with simple equipment. We could call these places oh, I don't know....safe standing areas. 

But the people who make the  decisions about safety guidelines at football grounds really are thick and embarrassingly timid and have learnt absolutely nothing from Bolton, Ibrox, Bradford and Hillsborough other than to do something that looks like it's a solution when it's not and refuse to countenance any meaningful review and development of it because they don't dare to risk being the one who actively sanctioned something just in case it goes wrong. They'd rather have people inconvenienced, injured or killed just so long as they cannot be blamed. It's so much easier than actually thinking , isn't it?

Edited by VictoryBell

I think I spotted you near the first concession stand to the right of Entrance J. Well, I saw the back of a yellow shirt with Bannister on it so assumed it was you. I was in the queue for beer at the time.

Well, speaking of things on clothing at Wembley: in the 93 final, I'm sure the opposites's keeper had semen on his jersey.

This joke was first broadcast on Radio Tristan-Da-Cunha in 1988 :laugh: 

Guest Deleted member

I think I spotted you near the first concession stand to the right of Entrance J. Well, I saw the back of a yellow shirt with Bannister on it so assumed it was you. I was in the queue for beer at the time.

That will probably have been me yes!

13301263_10157029400380078_5204359268268

mate shared this on twitter as a laugh and hes been getting some right abuse from people who dont understand quotation marks thinking it was him that wrote it. So much for the WAWAW mantra, some fellow fans should be ashamed

Guest Deleted member

You should have said hello and I would have bought you a drink.  :rolleyes:

Genuinely gutted.

Having ended up buying a round for my son, daughter and my sons girlfriend and getting hit with a bill for £25!

Guest Deleted member

any person not capable of standing would be safer sitting and watching at home IMO

I'll pass your comments on to SODA

Maybe it would just be easier to send them to the gas chambers?

Only the miserable old twats from the south stand could put a dampener on Saturdays fans.

Best I have ever seen in my lifetime, if we created that atmosphere at Hillsborough maybe we could be a difference maker. Everything else at the club seems to be heading in the right direction why can't we stand a sing? If you wanted the best view of the Game they have cracking camera views on sky and you can sit in your comfy armchair.

You go to the game for the atmosphere for me!