Standing

Guest Deleted member

Another genuine fan lost because of the standers

We don't need fans who won't blatantly disregard stadium regulations.

We don't need fans who won't blatantly disregard stadium regulations.

I don't know how old Salmonbones' dad is but it sounds like he's supported The Owls all his life through thick and thin and now he thinks he's getting to old because he can't stand and see the game because younger people think they can break rules and everyone else can just fo ok off.

It's disgraceful and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Now maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but when I was younger, we didn't have people like that, I always thought the other lot had more than their fair share of selfish people, but we didn't,How things have changed. 

Guest Deleted member

I don't know how old Salmonbones' dad is but it sounds like he's supported The Owls all his life through thick and thin and now he thinks he's getting to old because he can't stand and see the game because younger people think they can break rules and everyone else can just fo ok off.

Now maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but when I was younger, we didn't have people like that, I always thought the other lot had more than their fair share of selfish people, but we didn't,How things have changed.

If he can't bounce then he's obviously a Blade. Hope he never comes again

i reckon it must be your memory

Lets just say when his dad came home from the war he got a slap for asking his dad "who are you then" as a 7 year old.

As an aside, my Grandad would have possibly been a pro footballer had it not been for the war, he was offered contracts as a keeper to several local sides - sadly not Wednesday though.

Edited by salmonbones

Guest Deleted member

In all seriousness, hope your Dad relents. My parents are in their 80s and have renewed for 3 years on Kop. They've not missed more than 10 games since 1981.

Much like Bez

In all seriousness, hope your Dad relents. My parents are in their 80s and have renewed for 3 years on Kop. They've not missed more than 10 games since 1981.

Much like Bez

Thanks - me too.  And with that I really am out of this thread.   Some do not actually understand how emotive this can be as a subject, one can only hope they never do have to understand.

Thanks - me too.  And with that I really am out of this thread.   Some do not actually understand how emotive this can be as a subject, one can only hope they never do have to understand.

of course some are just young,inexperienced and thick, so we have to forgive them, the others are just thick

So here's a genuine question for the "standers"..... One of the main themes of your side of the discussion has been "if you can't stand, watch it at home on the tele" or " only those that don't normally go complain about standing"

So let's say we get to the play off final next year, given the above 2 points, would you rather us sell 25,000 tickets and all stand, or 45,000 tickets and all sit?

And do you really believe that 25,000 people standing amongst cavernous gaps will create more noise and atmosphere than 45,000 packed in and seated?

''Foul'' language is used in all football grounds. I swore plenty of times within Wembley.

Racism is against the law, homophobia too. So no. I don't link laws are bendable..

Foul language in a public place is an offence and arrestable. The f and the c words. S5 public order act.

Guest Deleted member

I'm yet to have been arrested at football for swearing.

Nor anyone around me.

Same thing goes for standing.

I've seen people ejected for swearing