Standing

The Star letter is very, very funny.

Its author, and a couple of people on this thread, seem to be under a misapprehension.

They seem to be of the view that they were off to Wembley to watch a sporting event, in the same way that they might head off for a day at the Test Match, or the rugby.

The role of our fans last week was to be active, not passive.  Participants, not observers. To do everything we humanly could to drive the team over the line.  

If you weren't be prepared to be part of that effort, in my view you might have made space for one of the thousands of people who were.  Or - and better - made arrangements to sit in the disabled section if that's appropriate; or in club Wembley.

We may well be back there next year.  We will if so live up to the same high standards of support.

The author of the letter to the Star says that they won't go back next year.

As those of a certain age will remember Windsor Davies saying in It ain't 'alf 'ot, mum: Oh dear; how sad; never mind.

just obey the  rules and sit down

Guest jjtowl

I enjoyed standing, shoutin, acting daft last Saturday, can thoroughly understand why some didn't but whinging on the Internet waint change owt will it now.

Why does standing create atmosphere?

All the unsym-pathetic people......what if it was your Nan?

They had paid to SIT in an area designated to SIT. The ticket has even got advice and a number to text to report STANDING as ANTI SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR..........why do some people think they have a right to stand

Did anyone stop you from sitting?

If you want to sit through a game then don't go to a play off final. Simple

That's not reasonable or fair. If you travel as an owls away fan you know you will stand throughout and that is fair enough for regular away fans. But Wembley finals pull in a lot more fans, including people who are older, infirm, or just fans who attend all the home games but not part of the hard core of away fans who are used to standing. It is unfair to expect everyone to stand, or put up with an obstructed view just because the diehards think it improves the atmosphere.  

Maybe there should be segregated sitting/standing blocks for matches of that sort.

Edited by dmw

you paid to sit. We paid to stand

no you didn't, you broke the rules, don't worry, over the years this country has become full of people like you, i'm here to enjoy myself and flip everyone else, you may think its big and clever but i'll tell you now, it isn't

no you didn't, you broke the rules, don't worry, over the years this country has become full of people like you, i'm here to enjoy myself and flip everyone else, you may think its big and clever but i'll tell you now, it isn't

i didnt stand to be big or clever,i just joined in with the majority.....im that kind of bloke

That's not reasonable or fair. If you travel as an owls away fan you know you will stand throughout and that is fair enough for regular away fans. But Wembley finals pull in a lot more fans, including people who are older, infirm, or just fans who attend all the home games but not part of the hard core of away fans who are used to standing. It is unfair to expect everyone to stand, or put up with an obstructed view just because the diehards think it improves the atmosphere.  

Maybe there should be segregated sitting/standing blocks for matches of that sort.

Unfortunately mate they can't do that as the regs say all seeted stadia and they'd be defeating the object to have standing area's. The best what could happen is to reintroduce standing area's 

i didnt stand to be big or clever,i just joined in with the majority.....im that kind of sheep

there you go, fixed it for you WTF: