Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

I would rather see another FF type player.

When he's out we look lacking in ideas. He joins front to back

Banon is a great terrier but not a great user of the ball for me, FF has both we need cover for him first.

Our shot goal ratio is good our link up play isn't without FF, be interesting to see how many shots we get when he's not playing, I suspect it dips.

Judge would make the most sense cos of his assists and goals he'd bring to the team like Forestieri.

Hooper would offer better value for money than Rhodes or McCormack. He's just as good as them or just about as good as them, he'd be a bargain.

I really hope DC goes for it but brings in a couple of quality players in rather than just one. Hooper and Judge in my opinion would do the business for us and get us promoted.

In my opinion, I think the reason a PL club hasn't really come in for him aside from Hull is they know that the owners will try their best to get an enhanced deal because they're in the top flight. It seems the asking price for Rhodes is £12m in the Championship, but if a PL were seriously interested I could see them trying to get £15/16m, and at that price he's a big risk. £16m is a huge amount for any club outside the top 4 really.

I'm not so sure - getting his wages off the books and recouping the fee they paid for him would seem like the sensible thing to do.

I know he's banged the goals in for what is a poor Blackburn side but has his stock really risen that dramatically to warrant what is an extra 25% on the transfer fee?

If that is really what Blackburn are holding out for then I don't think he'll be moving anywhere.

The pro's over taking him over Hooper are the fact he's got 3 more years on him to develop and already a very good striker - the con's being he costs 3 times as much - like you say, massive risk.

Guest King_SWFC

I'm not so sure - getting his wages off the books and recouping the fee they paid for him would seem like the sensible thing to do.

I know he's banged the goals in for what is a poor Blackburn side but has his stock really risen that dramatically to warrant what is an extra 25% on the transfer fee?

If that is really what Blackburn are holding out for then I don't think he'll be moving anywhere.

The pro's over taking him over Hooper are the fact he's got 3 more years on him to develop and already a very good striker - the con's being he costs 3 times as much - like you say, massive risk.

Indeed, and that is the issue. Any side in the league would want him, but £12m is too much. If we could get him in for between 8-10.. I'd be fully behind it.

His performance when he got 4 for Huddersfield at Hillsborough remains one of the best I've ever seen down there. He was unplayable. Movement, pace, good in the air and finishing. The complete centre forward performance, and based on what I've seen Hooper isn't fit to lace his boots.

Indeed, and that is the issue. Any side in the league would want him, but £12m is too much. If we could get him in for between 8-10.. I'd be fully behind it.

£8m and a possible add on if we get in the PL - yes I'd say game on at that.

If Blackburn want every bit of it now then it'd have to be a no.

Phook me though - £8m on one player lol

Guest King_SWFC

£8m and a possible add on if we get in the PL - yes I'd say game on at that.

If Blackburn want every bit of it now then it'd have to be a no.

Phook me though - £8m on one player lol

I've seen a few suggestions we want him on loan by people, but I reckon we'd offer £4m now and £4m end of the season (or the equivalent of 10, 5 + 5 or 12, 6+6)

We once blew 2.5M on Wim Jonk...can remember the rest, unfortunately.

Had all the ability but like so many others before and since it didn't work out. Just goes to prove that no matter who you sign it is whether or not they fit in at the club and they have the right attitude and the luck to stay free from injury. In other words it's just a lottery.

Too old, legs gone, complete waste of money for such an old player.

That's what I though at the time!

Oops!

Best memory of Waddle.

I was sat towards the Lep in the NS. Waddle stopped really nearby, just in front of the full back. With the ball stationary between his feet, he shimmied left, then shimmied right, and the full back fell over. Never forget it as long as I live.

Cos I've watched both of them Most on here would have told you Afobe would never make a player, but of course I don't listen to them Those of us who know a thing or two about football, knew different Another, I told you so moment

not based on his performance at hillsbro this season lol