Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

We don't NEED Jordan Rhodes as such, but is he better than anything else we have? Of course. 

Of course??

Matter of opinion, I'm not convinced he would offer us anything we don't already have, assuming we sign hooper.

£12m better spent elswhere for me

Opinions are like babies. 

Everyone loves their own but can't really be arsed with anyone else's. 

I personally think JR has the better of Hooper, (although i do rate Hooper)  but I'll stick with CCs opinion and if he thinks JR is worth pursuing then so be it. If he agrees with you and thinks the money is better spent elsewhere then i go along with that as well.

Again, personally i think JR offers us plenty we don't already have.

If he'd made the right career move, instead of joining Blackburn, he'd be worth £20m. Should have gone to a West Ham/Swansea/Stoke etc, played in the Premier League and got a big move. Instead, he's faffed around with some Indian chicken farmers in front of 14,000 at Blackburn.

82 in 150 games is incredible for playing for a team that has struggled consistently since he's been there. His goals have kept them up. His goals would take us up. Twice the player Hooper is, and I think we know it. It's just down to money now. Huge gamble, but one worth taking in my opinion. Put this lad in this team, keep him fit, and we will go up.

Maybe, just maybe, we ought to leave the decision making to DC, CC.

Their judgement calls have been fairly spot on so far and as stated earlier, if we had listened to the brains trust on here, Carlos would have lasted 3 weeks, Bannan was a waste of time and Hooper would have been shipped back to Norwich that very night. Oh yeah, and Warnock was the only one to rescue us from definite relegation.

All these opinions at the time, were also 'no brainer's' in the eyes of the contributor's, all convinced of the validity of their cases at the time.

Hooper is a nice player, i've got a lot of time for him, but he ain't Jordan Rhodes.

Whilst on the subject, who's to say it has to be one or the other, or is that just the S Yorks 'thrift' showing it's face.

You seem to value your own opinion very highly and critical of others.

Also 'a nice player'...that saying makes me chuckle.😂

If he'd made the right career move, instead of joining Blackburn, he'd be worth £20m. Should have gone to a West Ham/Swansea/Stoke etc, played in the Premier League and got a big move. Instead, he's faffed around with some Indian chicken farmers in front of 14,000 at Blackburn.

82 in 150 games is incredible for playing for a team that has struggled consistently since he's been there. His goals have kept them up. His goals would take us up. Twice the player Hooper is, and I think we know it. It's just down to money now. Huge gamble, but one worth taking in my opinion. Put this lad in this team, keep him fit, and we will go up.

I think that was what i was trying to say.

Thankyou,

Most likely, I don't know how well informed their sources are but they do seem to usually have some element of truth in their reports. Although it is funny that in this case having potentially 'some' element of truth is praise worthy it says a lot about the absolute crap that is spread during the transfer window.

lol-I agree!

Rhodes is actually underrated.

Not so sure about that.

There must be some reason that not one of the PL teams has taken him before now.

The price bracket (if true) at £10-12m is probably the going rate, it's a question of who will actually pay that kind of money for him at this level - that limits who he can go to at this level.

Personally I think he'd be a good fit for our club but don't think we should be paying that kind of sum for one player, more so when we could potentially get Hooper for less than half that number.

Guest King_SWFC

If there was any truth in the rumour re Rhodes I doubt he would have played tonight.......definitely over priced..........Hooper /Judge & A N Other for the money........much better option

Why? Nothing is imminent obviously, but we're clearly interested.

1. Afobe scored 3 goals in his last 14 games for Wolves - suggests he was also struggling if goals over the past few matches is your basis for 'struggling'.

2. Bournemouth will be in the Premier League at the end of the window but will they be in the Premier League at the end of the season? If Jordan comes to S6 then he may well be in the Premier League next season.

How you can be so certain that Afobe is a better player than Rhodes baffles me.

Cos I've watched both of them Most on here would have told you Afobe would never make a player, but of course I don't listen to them Those of us who know a thing or two about football, knew different Another, I told you so moment

Guest King_SWFC

Not so sure about that.

There must be some reason that not one of the PL teams has taken him before now.

The price bracket (if true) at £10-12m is probably the going rate, it's a question of who will actually pay that kind of money for him at this level - that limits who he can go to at this level.

Personally I think he'd be a good fit for our club but don't think we should be paying that kind of sum for one player, more so when we could potentially get Hooper for less than half that number.

In my opinion, I think the reason a PL club hasn't really come in for him aside from Hull is they know that the owners will try their best to get an enhanced deal because they're in the top flight. It seems the asking price for Rhodes is £12m in the Championship, but if a PL were seriously interested I could see them trying to get £15/16m, and at that price he's a big risk. £16m is a huge amount for any club outside the top 4 really.

I would rather see another FF type player.

When he's out we look lacking in ideas. He joins front to back

Banon is a great terrier but not a great user of the ball for me, FF has both we need cover for him first.

Our shot goal ratio is good our link up play isn't without FF, be interesting to see how many shots we get when he's not playing, I suspect it dips.

I agree with all of that but I don't think he's that much better than Hooper.

Hooper would be a bargain and for the same price of Rhodes or McCormack we could get Hooper and Judge in.

We could still go up I reckon with Hooper and Judge instead of splashing out on one player we could get a couple of quality players in.

Blackburn have messed Rhodes about and held back his career, it was a disastrous move for him but despite that he's still scored shed loads for them.

Hats off to him, cos I feel empathy for the fella being stuck there. Ultimately Blackburn will lose out in the long run if they keep holding him back, his price will eventually have to go down or he'll end up going for nothing.

I would rather see another FF type player.

When he's out we look lacking in ideas. He joins front to back

Banon is a great terrier but not a great user of the ball for me, FF has both we need cover for him first.

Our shot goal ratio is good our link up play isn't without FF, be interesting to see how many shots we get when he's not playing, I suspect it dips.

A little bit of this ^^^^