Jordan Rhodes ...... Sky sports understands ....

Is Rhodes any better than Hooper, the Hooper we've seen recently that is.

The answer to that question is very telling and I think we all know they are very similar yet have a different price tag and a different requirement for wages.   

No brainer, assuming either are realistic targets.

Maybe, just maybe, we ought to leave the decision making to DC, CC. 

Their judgement calls have been fairly spot on so far and as stated earlier, if we had listened to the brains trust on here, Carlos would have lasted 3 weeks, Bannan was a waste of time and Hooper would have been shipped back to Norwich that very night. Oh yeah, and Warnock was the only one to rescue us from definite relegation.

All these opinions at the time, were also 'no brainer's' in the eyes of the contributor's, all convinced of the validity of their cases at the time.

Hooper is a nice player, i've got a lot of time for him, but he ain't Jordan Rhodes. 

Whilst on the subject, who's to say it has to be one or the other, or is that just the S Yorks 'thrift' showing it's face. 

He is a lovely man though, came across very well just now in post match interview.

Yep and a quality goalscorer at this level. Makes Blackburn's messing about and holding his career back, feel all the more annoying for him. I feel sorry and frustrated for him. He needs out of there.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Their judgement calls have been fairly spot on so far and as stated earlier, if we had listened to the brains trust on here, Carlos would have lasted 3 weeks, Bannan was a waste of time and Hooper would have been shipped back to Norwich that very night. Oh yeah, and Warnock was the only one to rescue us from definite relegation.

All these opinions at the time, were also 'no brainer's' in the eyes of the contributor's, all convinced of the validity of their cases at the time.

Hooper is a nice player, i've got a lot of time for him, but he ain't Jordan Rhodes. 

Whilst on the subject, who's to say it has to be one or the other, or is that just the S Yorks 'thrift' showing it's face. 

There is no maybe, that's where the decision will be made.   Or does this forum now have an input?   Well, you got me.   I guess I have more influence than I thought.

At this moment in time you are correct, Hooper isn't a Jordan Rhodes.   He's doing better than him in the same league against the same defenders now he's up to speed - and that's coming from someone (me if you haven't guessed) who was suggesting he was not the answer a few short weeks ago.  No one on here who has seen the last few games needs me to say that.    Scoring goals when you are playing not really very well is the sign of an instinctive striker.  

I personally would say form counts for a lot.   I'd also say that Hooper fits in here, and I don't think Rhodes fits in at Blackburn to the same degree.    Look at FF and Watford, he was a bit part player at best.

This is about as interesting as the weeds threads now.

Look at the scatter graph thread, we don't need him.

At least I don't think we do :wacko:

Man City didn't NEED De Bruyne, but because he was better than what they had, they bought him.

That's the mind set of ambitious clubs. 

Struggling teams trying to avoid relegation NEED players, because they're desperate.

We don't NEED Jordan Rhodes as such, but is he better than anything else we have? Of course. 

As for the cost and relative value/worth. That is a decision for the hierarchy. If they decide his valuation outweighs his potential worth to the team, i presume they won't pursue it beyond a certain point.

With regard to their judgement, Carlos has said a few times Hooper was his number one target and that Rhodes was too expensive for us.

There is no maybe, that's where the decision will be made. Or does this forum now have an input? Well, you got me. I guess I have more influence than I thought.

At this moment in time you are correct, Hooper isn't a Jordan Rhodes. He's doing better than him in the same league against the same defenders now he's up to speed - and that's coming from someone (me if you haven't guessed) who was suggesting he was not the answer a few short weeks ago. No one on here who has seen the last few games needs me to say that. Scoring goals when you are playing not really very well is the sign of an instinctive striker.

I personally would say form counts for a lot. I'd also say that Hooper fits in here, and I don't think Rhodes fits in at Blackburn to the same degree. Look at FF and Watford, he was a bit part player at best.

Yep,that's why Rhodes should be here,Bannan,Hooper,FF,Hunt all bit part unloved players,then CC gets his Portuguese charm out and gives them all a rub down and tells them how special they are and how loved they are,then you get booooooooom, they love it here they play out of their skin and run all day long,and that is what Rhodes needs a bit of Owl-loving and CC special love dust!!!!!

We don't NEED Jordan Rhodes as such, but is he better than anything else we have? Of course. 

Of course??

Matter of opinion, I'm not convinced he would offer us anything we don't already have, assuming we sign hooper.

£12m better spent elswhere for me

Just a game of poker, they will sell to first 10M offer. Why is it either Hooper or Rhodes, why not both? Think that would guarantee play-offs minimum. What if Hooper gets injured, what if Rhodes gets injured?

Who would be on the bench, why not play em both, how would defenders cope with em both on the pitch...its only 10M..nuffink. You have speculate to ejaculate