McCormack AND Rhodes

Can't see us spending 11 to 14 million on one player. Ridiculous at this level

No one really quite knows what DC is capable of or if he is bold enough to spend that sort of money. One thing for sure is that he is a shrewd business man, and paying that sort of money would be a gamble. But our chairman is in the position he is today financially due to taking calculated risks. If he wants to enhance his business credentials more by gaining promotion to the premier league, then I wouldn't be shocked to see us pay that sort of money if I'm being honest.

McCormack, how long left on his current deal anyone?

Surely Fulham would want to recoup some of the massive money they splurged on him. They wouldn't take a cut price on him.

What are his wages likely to be?

Must be their top earner?

Is he that much better than our first XI forwards? Who have cost a faction of the cost?

McCormack is around 4 years older than Rhodes.

He's probably got the better all round game out of the two?

But they're both prolific goalscorers at this level.

McCormack signed for Fulham in 2014 on a 4 year contract.

And Rhodes extended is contract back in 2014 till 2019.

Hard to say who would be the better option out of the two for us?

But both are hugely over-priced. But there aren't many or any better goalscorers than them at this level?

Unless we can find a cheaper gem, loan a PL outcast or find someone cheaper who could score plenty at this level?

Perhaps Bamford on loan or Grabban? 

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

But both are hugely over-priced. But there aren't many or any better goalscorers than them at this level?

Unless we can find a cheaper gem, loan a PL outcast or find someone cheaper who could score plenty at this level?

I think there's every chance that we're more likely to make a stellar signing in the summer rather than the panic month of January.

Or at least that's how I'd go about my business. 

Ross looked far from an £11m player to me the other night. Though he was superbly marshalled by our back line. 

I think there's every chance that we're more likely to make a stellar signing in the summer rather than the panic month of January.

Or at least that's how I'd go about my business. 

Ross looked far from an £11m player to me the other night. Though he was superbly marshalled by our back line. 

Agreed. I would say though, looking at the way McCormack plays, he seems a clever hard-working player. 

I think he would fit in well with the likes of Forestieri; Hooper, Bannan and Wallace. 

He didn't have much of a sniff against the other day. But he's caused us problems before in the past.

He had to resort to some long range efforts. Just think he might link up well with some of our players.

That said, the price is outrageous and it's more likely a lower half PL side will take a gamble on him or someone like Hull?

I could still see us spending in this window. But it seems more like we're looking at bring in 2 or 3 players of quality, sorta like the FF deal rather than just 1 quality player?

Agreed. I would say though, looking at the way McCormack plays, he seems a clever hard-working player. 

I think he would fit in well with the likes of Forestieri; Hooper, Bannan and Wallace. 

He didn't have much of a sniff against the other day. But he's caused us problems before in the past.

He had to resort to some long range efforts. Just think he might link up well with some of our players.

That said, the price is outrageous and it's more likely a lower half PL side will take a gamble on him or someone like Hull?

I could still see us spending in this window. But it seems more like we're looking at bring in 2 or 3 players of quality, sorta like the FF deal rather than just 1 quality player?

I know it's often about taking a gamble.

But the sort of fee they are going to be asking for a Championship playing 29 year old....Crikey!

We might make a signing. I'm sure the Manager/Coach (whatever!) would like to strengthen, they always do. And there might well be a few bodies in the door. But for me I hope they don't make a rash signing. 

Every signing has an element of gamble, but Rhodes is as close to a sure-fire win as you could get.

At 25 he will hold his value.

He has had 8 hugely successful seasons in a row.

His injury record is amazingly good.

Other names mentioned as "better value" are much cheaper for a reason.

McCormac signed an improved deal with Fulham in the Summer a few weeks before Wednesday were said to have bid for him, Wednesday were fully aware of this, in my opinion there was never any serious intent behind any bid but it did its job in regards of getting the fans and media to sit up and take notice .

Every signing has an element of gamble, but Rhodes is as close to a sure-fire win as you could get.

At 25 he will hold his value.

He has had 8 hugely successful seasons in a row.

His injury record is amazingly good.

Other names mentioned as "better value" are much cheaper for a reason.

All Rhodes lead to nowhere. Looking at Blackman and Hooper they are better fits to our style. Also that Rudi Gesteds was sold but why not Rhodes. The only Rhodes I like is the Greek holiday island and the outdoor disco at Lindos.

Edited by sheffwoz

Middlesbrough have moved on from Jordan Rhodes, deciding to go for Fulham striker Ross McCormack instead. #boro #ffc

They are expected to make a formal bid early next week, leaving the path clear for Sheffield Wednesday to poach Jordan Rhodes. #boro #swfc

Ahh so that was the stumbling block all along, not the fact that they probably want £15 million

I love twitter